- What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 numbers - just 2 numbers, no other mathematical symbols?
2.If, having only one match, on a freezing winter day, you entered a room which contained a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood burning stove, which should you light first.
- What belongs to you, but is mostly used by others?
- How many birth days does the average man have?
- Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 500 miles per hour. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at only 450 miles per hour ( because of a strong head wind ). Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?
- A 10 foot rope ladder whose rungs are one foot wide is hanging over the side of a boat. At this time there is only 1 foot of ladder under the water. It now begins to rain heavily, if it rains at the rate of 1 foot every two hours, how many hours will it take to cover half of the ladder?
As simple as these may sound, a lot of people do not get it in investment banking interviews.
Throwback Thursday, this was originally posted almost 9 years ago! 4/13/08