JPM SA 2021 Accelerated

Hey Guys,

I was apart of the Sophomore Edge program and just completed the survey/application they sent out for accelerated interviews. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how this process was ran in previous years and what the rate of offers will be for the program participants? I couldn't find a thread on JPM recruiting, so I decided to make this one.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (792)

• Prospect in 
Jun 5, 2020 - 12:26pm

I did the women's conference and they said we will have an accelerated process as well, but haven't heard anything - anyone else??

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jun 9, 2020 - 6:52pm

I think somewhere around 100, maybe a little less

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 9, 2020 - 7:08pm

Do you have an idea of maybe how many of those 100 will get an offer from JPM IB? I also took into account that maybw 10 or more have already signed an offer elsewhere

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 7, 2020 - 4:05pm

Did anyone here who got into their accelerated IB Superday not have IB as one of their recommended jobs in the Pymetrics talent finder?

I took these games without really trying and I'm worried I wont be passed through initial screen even.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 7, 2020 - 4:08pm

idt anyone got their superdays yet. they're gonna send us the hirevue sometime this week and that leads to the superday. the pymetrics won't impact anything it is just there to help you figure out the path you wanna go if you're unsure. idt you even needed to do the pymetrics

• Prospect in 
Jun 7, 2020 - 4:20pm

out of curiosity, what were your recommended jobs? I was under impression they essentially recommend all their programs in the results of pymetrics

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 7, 2020 - 4:34pm

That's what I was thinking too. I basically got sales & trading, corporate banking/special situations, and corporate analyst development. I feel like I got every FO role that wasn't investment banking - makes me wonder if they'd still look at me for IB if this is how they filter?

What did you get?

Jun 9, 2020 - 12:36am

That's what I was told too.

Also, does anyone know if they accelerate these?

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 9, 2020 - 1:02am

The only accelerated interviews they are doing are the diversity ones. idt they accelerate you if you have a competing offer because they start their normal process in the fall

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 10, 2020 - 3:34pm

Please reach out to HR for all of our sake lmao. But I heard other accelerated apps are out just not banking

Most Helpful
Jun 11, 2020 - 1:49am

Last year was
1. What does financial services mean to you?
2. Why do you want to work at J.P. Morgan?

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 11, 2020 - 7:49pm

Not sure, but at the mentor circle they mentioned that they will try to finish sophomore edge recruiting before regular recruiting begins

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 11, 2020 - 8:40pm

They mentioned superdays will be late june/early July, but who knows now since they had the technical difficulty that delayed the release of the apps and hirevues

Jun 12, 2020 - 6:16am

do we still need someone to push our resume even when we're in sophedge? or we're good because our resumes have been flagged??

Array

• Partner in IB - Gen
Jun 12, 2020 - 4:33pm

how do we know what track from the sophomore edge survey we were selected for? and from there is it hirevue-superday or is there a sepaate first round interview as well?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 13, 2020 - 8:20pm

Are we supposed to use the link from LinkedIn? I thought they were going to send us the link with the app for early consideration?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 13, 2020 - 8:49pm

If you were apart of sophomore edge then don't apply. They will be sending us a separate app. It seems like they will be sending it out on Monday since they have that app up now

• Partner in IB - Gen
Jun 14, 2020 - 12:52pm

Participated in sophomore edge. How can I take the pymetrics test, or do I just wait for JPM to send me the actual accelerated application and then it'll require me to take Pymetrics?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 14, 2020 - 6:00pm

Hirevue questions will most likely be the same as regular applicants

Jun 14, 2020 - 6:16pm

Can anyone confirm if that applications come out tomorrow?

Array
Jun 15, 2020 - 11:16am

I'm not sure where you all heard that Edge was being given a separate app. From what I understood, we were being flagged and were supposed to apply in the regular process, and if we were interested in other tracks, apply to them as well.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 15, 2020 - 12:30pm

It does seem like they wouldn't review apps until the job is on their actual website...

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 16, 2020 - 2:42pm

I went ahead and applied because I don't remember them explicitly saying there was a separate app for sophomore edge. They mentioned that they would send an email once the app opened and if its on a rolling basis then there's no harm in applying.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 17, 2020 - 12:36pm

One of my friends that was in the JPM Latinx Conference got an email from HR saying that the apps are on the website and they should apply.
During their program too they were told that they would be guaranteed a first round so I assume it is same for the S edge program.

• Developer in IB - Gen
Jun 17, 2020 - 5:45pm

Does this email mean we should apply or not yet. I'm still confused

As a Sophomore Edge participant you have been identified as a priority candidate and your info has been shared w Recruiters.

Banking & Markets Track – in the next few days you will receive emails with a very tight turnaround for program applications.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 17, 2020 - 5:48pm

It means dont apply and just be patient, they haven't forgot about us

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 17, 2020 - 5:49pm

That means they will send the application.
Also, if we are part go Launching Leaders or WW, does that mean we get an accelerated superday?

Jun 17, 2020 - 5:50pm

i think for WW it's hirevue -> phone screen -> superday. sounds like it might take a while?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 17, 2020 - 5:54pm

Sophomore Edge, Launching Leaders, WW, and any other diversity programs will receive the accelerated superday.
Th process is going to be Hirevue -> Superday, no phone screen in between

Jun 18, 2020 - 11:01am

I did the women's conference in May and have heard nothing from recruiters. Has anyone from the women's conference specifically heard anything?

• Developer in IB - Gen
Jun 18, 2020 - 3:38pm

Hey I was in sophomore edge and they're having us either apply through the winning women link or the launching leaders link. I am basically eligible for both, which should I do/would be better? Do you think the hurevues will be same?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 18, 2020 - 3:50pm

What if I qualify for neither? WW is for females, and Launching Leaders is for Black, Hispanic and Native American, but I am none of those. Are those that are in Sophmore Edge supposed to choose one or the other?

• Developer in IB - Gen
Jun 18, 2020 - 4:10pm

Yeah idk very confusing that they just kinda said to pick one or the other by jume 25 and apply.

Jun 18, 2020 - 3:51pm

Does anyone have any idea if launching leaders is over?

Array
  • Prospect in S&T - Other
Jun 18, 2020 - 4:19pm

I was in Sophomore Edge but just chose Launching Leaders. does anyone know when we'll get pymetrics or hirevues?

• Developer in IB - Gen
Jun 18, 2020 - 4:37pm

I'm so confused what is Launchin Leaders. Is this gonna be another virtual informational sort of program? Is launchin leaders essentially same as winning women? Idk if to apply for leaders or women kinda confusing.

Jun 18, 2020 - 4:44pm

its on their website. Its kinda like an earlier application process I believe

Array
  • Intern in Other
Jun 18, 2020 - 4:47pm

i participated in sophomore edge b/c im LGBTQ. i'm not a woman or racial minority so WW and LL don't apply to me. i'm confused as to what i should do... any advice?

Jun 19, 2020 - 10:11am

If we accidentally used the same cover letter for all 3 positions and made an error what do we do? I know its my fault completely but should I withdraw or hope for the best and leave it

Array
Jun 19, 2020 - 10:24am

oops forgot to click reply button but what is Hr's email

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 19, 2020 - 2:28pm

I've seen so many people ask that, why don't you guys just email an HR and they will give you the most accurate answer

• Developer in IB - Gen
Jun 19, 2020 - 5:00pm

Did anyone from sophomore edge that applied to either launching leaders or women's get a hitevue yet?

Jun 19, 2020 - 7:06pm

if i only want to do banking, should i indicated investment banking for all three programs for choice. I didn't, but I really only want to do investment banking. so was curious if i should reach out to HR to emphasize this

Jun 21, 2020 - 9:55am

How soon do we think these superdays will be pending we get it?

Array

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Jun 21, 2020 - 7:41pm

Hopefully they can get superdays and offers out by end of July. Do we still have to do pymetrics and hirevues, or are they just not gonna matter as much for us?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 21, 2020 - 8:23pm

Yea they're gonna send us a pymetrics and hirevue. If you have already completed a pymetrics then you'll be able to reuse the results. The hirevue should be sent out shortly after the pymetrics. We aren't guaranteed a superday, but you'll get one as long as you don't mess up the hirevue badly

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 24, 2020 - 12:43pm

I got pymetric but no hireVue yet for sales and for trading but not for structuring and I applied to all 3 and put sales then structure then trading in my post program survey

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 24, 2020 - 1:56pm

Did you already have py-metrics done? Is that maybe why I got invited to pynetrics for everything I applied for but no hire vue

• Prospect in Other
Jun 24, 2020 - 1:02pm

put markets as my last choice, but didn't get one for IBD my first choice? anyone in the same situation

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 24, 2020 - 2:34pm

I would do it as soon as possible so they could start sending out superdays

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 24, 2020 - 3:05pm

How many steps are in this process for IB or S&T? Pymetrics to Hirevue, then is there a first round then superday or hirevue straight to super?

• Prospect in Other
Jun 24, 2020 - 3:38pm

I got the Hirevue pretty much right after I submitted Pymetrics. You still have to click the link in the email even if you've done the tests already

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (205) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (422) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (340) $82