JPM SA 2021 Accelerated
Hey Guys,
I was apart of the Sophomore Edge program and just completed the survey/application they sent out for accelerated interviews. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how this process was ran in previous years and what the rate of offers will be for the program participants? I couldn't find a thread on JPM recruiting, so I decided to make this one.
I did the women's conference and they said we will have an accelerated process as well, but haven't heard anything - anyone else??
How many other programs does JPM host outside of Edge and Women's conference?
I think they might do an LGBTQ one as well but not positive
Was told superdays at the end of June if chosen
Do you think everyone will get a superday unless they mess up really bad on the hirevue?
For us (women's), they made it sound like everyone would get a superday
Any speculations on how many people were in the banking and markets track in sophomore edge?
I think somewhere around 100, maybe a little less
Do you have an idea of maybe how many of those 100 will get an offer from JPM IB? I also took into account that maybw 10 or more have already signed an offer elsewhere
mmm
Does anyone know how JPM interviews are usually constructed? Is it more behavioral or technical?
follow
Did you accept the UBS offer?
follow
Did anyone here who got into their accelerated IB Superday not have IB as one of their recommended jobs in the Pymetrics talent finder?
I took these games without really trying and I'm worried I wont be passed through initial screen even.
idt anyone got their superdays yet. they’re gonna send us the hirevue sometime this week and that leads to the superday. the pymetrics won’t impact anything it is just there to help you figure out the path you wanna go if you’re unsure. idt you even needed to do the pymetrics
out of curiosity, what were your recommended jobs? I was under impression they essentially recommend all their programs in the results of pymetrics
That's what I was thinking too. I basically got sales & trading, corporate banking/special situations, and corporate analyst development. I feel like I got every FO role that wasn't investment banking - makes me wonder if they'd still look at me for IB if this is how they filter?
What did you get?
Follow
Wasn't the app supposed to come out today?
That's what I was told too.
Also, does anyone know if they accelerate these?
The only accelerated interviews they are doing are the diversity ones. idt they accelerate you if you have a competing offer because they start their normal process in the fall
Are applications still not open yet or is it just my end? Thought they were coming out yesterday.
Yeah still not open
follow
Still not open for everyone? Might reach out to HR.
Please reach out to HR for all of our sake lmao. But I heard other accelerated apps are out just not banking
got an email today saying they are having technical issues and that's why it didn't come out monday. will be out soon
was the email from HR? I didnt receive an email about it today
does sophomore edge guarantee a superday?
Nope, you have to get past the hirevue first
What kind of questions does JPM ask in the Hirevue?
Last year was 1. What does financial services mean to you? 2. Why do you want to work at J.P. Morgan?
I dont htink there is a hirevue????
There is. It goes from hirevue to superday
Does anyone from Sophomore Edge know when the Superdays will be after we do the Hirevue?
Not sure, but at the mentor circle they mentioned that they will try to finish sophomore edge recruiting before regular recruiting begins
They mentioned superdays will be late june/early July, but who knows now since they had the technical difficulty that delayed the release of the apps and hirevues
do we still need someone to push our resume even when we’re in sophedge? or we’re good because our resumes have been flagged??
definitely don't need someone pushing resume. talking to people would probably just be helpful to ref in interview
how do we know what track from the sophomore edge survey we were selected for? and from there is it hirevue-superday or is there a sepaate first round interview as well?
When should we complete the pymetrics test?
You don't need to do it. Only if you're unsure of what you wanna do
I think applications opened this morning
The general application for everyone?
Its for Asia Pacific and Austrailia
Are you sure? I only see the application for Sydney open
.
Are we supposed to use the link from LinkedIn? I thought they were going to send us the link with the app for early consideration?
It redirects to the JP website, so I guess?
But you can only apply through indeed or with your LinkedIn profile. Has anyone submitted their app as yet?
If you were apart of sophomore edge then don't apply. They will be sending us a separate app. It seems like they will be sending it out on Monday since they have that app up now
Thanks
Participated in sophomore edge. How can I take the pymetrics test, or do I just wait for JPM to send me the actual accelerated application and then it’ll require me to take Pymetrics?
Sophomore edge won't be required to take the pymetrics
Is our Hirevue gonna be the same as regular applications, or is it gonna be less questions since were accelerated
Hirevue questions will most likely be the same as regular applicants
Can anyone confirm if that applications come out tomorrow?
for edge participants or for regular?
for sophomore edge
I'm not sure where you all heard that Edge was being given a separate app. From what I understood, we were being flagged and were supposed to apply in the regular process, and if we were interested in other tracks, apply to them as well.
So do you think we should apply through the LinkedIn link?
I would, ASAP. What do you have to lose?
they're gonna email us and tell us when to apply, just chill
It does seem like they wouldn't review apps until the job is on their actual website...
HR confirmed that we are getting a separate app and they mentioned multiple times in the sessions.
Should we apply to the one that just opened on the website?
I went ahead and applied because I don't remember them explicitly saying there was a separate app for sophomore edge. They mentioned that they would send an email once the app opened and if its on a rolling basis then there's no harm in applying.
Did you do the hire Vue yet or not
I’m confused do we apply regular or not? For sophomore edge. Should I wait a few more days for them to send the app or say something.
following
One of my friends that was in the JPM Latinx Conference got an email from HR saying that the apps are on the website and they should apply. During their program too they were told that they would be guaranteed a first round so I assume it is same for the S edge program.
Does this email mean we should apply or not yet. I’m still confused
As a Sophomore Edge participant you have been identified as a priority candidate and your info has been shared w Recruiters.
Banking & Markets Track – in the next few days you will receive emails with a very tight turnaround for program applications.
It means dont apply and just be patient, they haven't forgot about us
That means they will send the application. Also, if we are part go Launching Leaders or WW, does that mean we get an accelerated superday?
i think for WW it’s hirevue -> phone screen -> superday. sounds like it might take a while?
Sophomore Edge, Launching Leaders, WW, and any other diversity programs will receive the accelerated superday. Th process is going to be Hirevue -> Superday, no phone screen in between
Launching leaders hasn't even opened yet, correct?
I'm part of sophomore edge but I can't find the email? What did it say and who sent it?
It was sent around 5 by campus recruiters
I did the women’s conference in May and have heard nothing from recruiters. Has anyone from the women’s conference specifically heard anything?
Same here
Hey I was in sophomore edge and they’re having us either apply through the winning women link or the launching leaders link. I am basically eligible for both, which should I do/would be better? Do you think the hurevues will be same?
What if I qualify for neither? WW is for females, and Launching Leaders is for Black, Hispanic and Native American, but I am none of those. Are those that are in Sophmore Edge supposed to choose one or the other?
Yeah idk very confusing that they just kinda said to pick one or the other by jume 25 and apply.
Does anyone have any idea if launching leaders is over?
I was in Sophomore Edge but just chose Launching Leaders. does anyone know when we’ll get pymetrics or hirevues?
How did you apply to Launching Leaders, on the website it shows that the application is closed...
Sophomore Edge people just got an email allowing us to apply early to Launching Leaders
Which track are you in?
banking and markets
I’m so confused what is Launchin Leaders. Is this gonna be another virtual informational sort of program? Is launchin leaders essentially same as winning women? Idk if to apply for leaders or women kinda confusing.
its on their website. Its kinda like an earlier application process I believe
i participated in sophomore edge b/c im LGBTQ. i'm not a woman or racial minority so WW and LL don't apply to me. i'm confused as to what i should do... any advice?
Are we only able to submit one cover letter for all 3 applications?
No, you just change it in each
If we accidentally used the same cover letter for all 3 positions and made an error what do we do? I know its my fault completely but should I withdraw or hope for the best and leave it
Just email HR the correct cover letter
oops forgot to click reply button but what is Hr's email
.
so do they still sponsor guys...
I've seen so many people ask that, why don't you guys just email an HR and they will give you the most accurate answer
Did anyone from sophomore edge that applied to either launching leaders or women’s get a hitevue yet?
Not yet
if i only want to do banking, should i indicated investment banking for all three programs for choice. I didn't, but I really only want to do investment banking. so was curious if i should reach out to HR to emphasize this
You should probably do that if you absolutely don’t want any other analyst position
.
did anyone else apply to their programs before being sent the link? during the women's conference, they never specified for us to wait so I applied before.
I did too but I don’t think it will matter
is your status for that application different than the others? mine is and I'm confused if there is something wrong
Is there a hirevue that comes after applying to WW or LL? or is it going to be sent out separately later?
No one has received anything yet
How soon do we think these superdays will be pending we get it?
Hopefully they can get superdays and offers out by end of July. Do we still have to do pymetrics and hirevues, or are they just not gonna matter as much for us?
Yea they're gonna send us a pymetrics and hirevue. If you have already completed a pymetrics then you'll be able to reuse the results. The hirevue should be sent out shortly after the pymetrics. We aren't guaranteed a superday, but you'll get one as long as you don't mess up the hirevue badly
did anyone receive a confirmation after filling out the form?
I didnt but I did get a confirmation for submitting the IB app
Me too. No confirmation for WW but yes for normal apps
bump
Did SE people receive pymetrics and a hirevue after submitting the normal application?
no
Same
Anyone else just receive pyrametrics + hireview for S&T?
Received a pymetrics for trading. No hirevue though
Did you apply to sales, trading and structuring or just trading?
just got pymetrics for trading, it was my #1 on the form
I got pymetric but no hireVue yet for sales and for trading but not for structuring and I applied to all 3 and put sales then structure then trading in my post program survey
Just got a hirevue for trading
Are you part of the accelerated process with Edge?
yes
Did you already have py-metrics done? Is that maybe why I got invited to pynetrics for everything I applied for but no hire vue
put markets as my last choice, but didn't get one for IBD my first choice? anyone in the same situation
Same - put IB as first, markets as second 2 and got markets... has anyone gotten IB?
Also just got pymetrics for trading, not a part of any diversity programs though
Anyone else also get pymetrics for S&T but has not been in any accelerated program?
At one of my sophomore edge events, they mentioned we would have only 1 hirevue for all the programs we apply to and from there they’d decide which super day to give you. Is this true?
I don't think so because I got 3 different hireviews. But probably superday for only 1
Did you do py metrics first to get hirebue?
How many days do we have to complete the hirevues and how many attempts are there
I would do it as soon as possible so they could start sending out superdays
So for the IB app, is there a pymetrics or hirevue sent out?
pymetrics being sent out rn apparently
How many steps are in this process for IB or S&T? Pymetrics to Hirevue, then is there a first round then superday or hirevue straight to super?
Will I get Hire Vue once I do pymetrucs ?!! I already did it a month ago but I thought we didn’t even need to
I got the Hirevue pretty much right after I submitted Pymetrics. You still have to click the link in the email even if you've done the tests already
How long is it due in? 48 hr?
Just got sent pymetrics. Edit: hirevue done, simple stuff
Was it only behavioral or market based questions as well?
How many attempts per question do we get ?
2 per question
Anyone still not get Pymetrics for IB?
I haven’t
Maxime molestiae nulla delectus quam. Non rerum blanditiis illo soluta est.
Nobis eaque molestias magnam rerum. Aut ut veniam et neque iusto quisquam expedita beatae. Aut enim distinctio delectus maxime.
Sequi est cupiditate ipsam libero sint rerum quos. Quia consequatur aut iusto perferendis. Exercitationem sit iusto aliquam iusto illo placeat dolorum.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Sint quaerat quasi magnam esse. Assumenda aut quod quas sunt perferendis incidunt. Perferendis occaecati consequuntur sunt. Accusamus enim aut ea qui illo nostrum quaerat.
Quod eaque non dolorem consequatur quam dolor. Rem aliquid et alias libero at sed tempora. Error est itaque blanditiis et. Quos cupiditate et enim eaque qui recusandae tempora. Neque eum cupiditate consequatur eos unde soluta dolores quidem. Minus iste ullam consectetur et.
Nesciunt et suscipit veniam consequuntur debitis itaque facere. Voluptatum nostrum ea et quaerat eveniet ut possimus. Explicabo aperiam ipsa esse dolorem. Provident animi omnis quia. Consequatur voluptatem ducimus at qui et. Ducimus eum quos iste omnis. Temporibus harum ut praesentium.
Eligendi alias reprehenderit cum ratione est. Quod consectetur possimus qui assumenda. Quas molestias non alias asperiores quisquam voluptates. Perspiciatis eos aut asperiores distinctio quia sunt ipsa. Sint aut aspernatur ut quia dignissimos expedita omnis. Ut impedit aut quia aut.
Quaerat assumenda ex facere accusamus iste ut sint. Et ipsam odio voluptas inventore quidem deleniti.
Natus quia expedita non voluptas enim nesciunt. Maiores pariatur repellat odit tempore repudiandae tempore accusantium. Qui qui animi incidunt. Asperiores quas veniam magnam sit et adipisci.
Fugiat consequatur voluptatibus laboriosam ducimus quae est omnis. Quis deleniti pariatur officiis quaerat laborum eos. Dolor accusantium ipsam consectetur et corporis et.
Necessitatibus illo commodi veritatis ipsa rerum. Qui quibusdam et modi modi. Non voluptates aut iste similique aut aut voluptate. Recusandae praesentium dolorum ut qui.
Illum autem aut quis sint voluptatem excepturi. Asperiores est eius dolorem dignissimos repellat praesentium maxime animi. Dolor et officia porro veritatis voluptas eligendi odio.
Aut quae modi velit et dicta. Libero porro accusantium et. Sit veritatis ducimus id veniam nihil voluptas quo.
Voluptas inventore ut beatae est repellat sit. Vero ab assumenda minima animi rerum et. Minus adipisci alias eveniet sequi ad et repellat.
Consequatur qui deleniti impedit amet enim. Vitae explicabo autem aperiam vel. Qui laboriosam laudantium culpa et. Quia vel dolores distinctio eum id quas repellendus quo. Id optio labore et aut.
Reiciendis qui sed voluptates provident qui iure placeat. Sed necessitatibus qui accusamus unde id. Incidunt ducimus at dolores voluptatem.
Quaerat harum eaque esse et itaque voluptatum sed. Velit molestias dolorum similique doloribus impedit placeat autem modi. Sed modi hic delectus labore quia error. Sit voluptas et quas et aspernatur pariatur fugiat. Ut maxime necessitatibus deleniti voluptas harum. Reiciendis vero at quidem repellendus et. Minima autem eum nulla odio numquam.
Aspernatur occaecati suscipit ullam quae beatae sequi sint. Aut ipsum quisquam enim sint magni mollitia. Beatae deleniti ut sapiente possimus sit voluptatum quis.
Aperiam velit vitae labore dolores laborum ab dolorem. Natus distinctio dolorem laborum fugit accusamus in. Dicta mollitia quod et architecto. Ea est deserunt pariatur vero. Quidem ullam impedit vel magni nihil cumque necessitatibus nam. Magni hic quasi suscipit illum porro ut quibusdam tempora.
Architecto non et porro. Laborum recusandae voluptatem incidunt sed quia praesentium et sit. Maiores quo molestias dolorum blanditiis. Necessitatibus magni recusandae suscipit maiores amet est. Autem et sit enim. Qui et amet alias ipsum et corporis natus ea. Optio aut repellendus aut.
Eveniet vero accusantium numquam. Assumenda laborum expedita labore modi tenetur cumque.
Consequatur incidunt occaecati repudiandae itaque distinctio ea aliquam. Sit quia delectus autem temporibus rerum eum qui. Minus rem non maxime qui vero ipsam consequatur. Numquam quasi aut non dolores eos. Corporis labore dolore sint sit eaque quisquam. Nisi porro ipsam nostrum deserunt reprehenderit quas. Et nisi incidunt ut possimus rem.
Beatae nihil sint deleniti occaecati optio quo. Saepe atque molestiae aut. Dolorum est occaecati voluptatem praesentium aspernatur in. Veniam hic commodi natus temporibus quae aut vel. Ut et est ut et incidunt modi a.
Quasi est eum rerum voluptatem inventore ut sint et. Est id est numquam voluptatem illo. Illo rerum repudiandae dicta ad.
Voluptatem possimus voluptas delectus quasi. Autem ipsum et ad labore.
Ut corrupti tempora necessitatibus repellat expedita modi. Perferendis explicabo repellat eius est quia tempore temporibus. Consequatur consequatur nemo delectus maxime velit.
Quo repellat voluptatem maxime quidem. Ipsum architecto est qui quo porro deserunt at.