JPM SA 2022

Looks like JPM SA 2022 is open, I thought I would start a new thread for Summer 2022. How's everyone's application coming along?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (906)

• Intern in IB - Cov
Apr 5, 2021 - 6:55pm

Got Hirevue. Anyone know what the timeline is after submission? Also what did you guys get for your top 3 on pymetrics? I got risk tolerance, focus, and attention. My bottom one was learning, so I hope that's not a ding 

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 6, 2021 - 2:05am

Effort, Decision Making, and Focus. Don't think it matters much, especially if you got a HireVue

Most Helpful
Apr 6, 2021 - 12:49pm

Having gone through the JPM SA process a previous year, thought it might be helpful to explain a few things I wish I knew during the process:

1. Everyone gets a pymetrics and a hirevue (usually the hirevue comes once the pymetrics is completed)

2. Networking (with the exception of MDs +) is not helpful in terms of pushing your resume, although it can be helpful when you get the interview and they ask you "why JPM?"

3. JPM has repeatedly said they do not want to accelerate their recruiting process earlier, meaning although the apps are opened, they prob won't start doing interviews until end of summer / early fall (like last year) 

4. I didn't go through the superday process, but a few friends of mine did it via the diversity programs and they said they went straight to superdays. I have heard some people have 1-2 phone calls prior though

You got this guys, I know the process is so stressful but hang in there :)

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 11, 2021 - 11:39am

I didn't get asked any of these, I got:

Discuss a world event that has had am impact on financial markets

Discuss a time you made a mistake on a school/work project

Discuss a time where you had a number of choices, how you arrived at your choice/what was the outcome

Apr 8, 2021 - 10:51am

JPM is really weird because AI reviews your hirevue. No way of knowing what is right or wrong lol rip

Array

Apr 10, 2021 - 7:25pm

99% sure you'd have to apply specifically to the early insights program. Those programs are exclusive so it'd be pretty weird for an SA app to be deferred into an insight program (they are also all based on diversity). 

Sep 22, 2021 - 5:56pm

Did the internship this past summer. They don't start reviewing non-diversity till later on. I applied and did my Hirevue in July and had a super day in October

Apr 21, 2021 - 8:48am

No, if you check the box saying you need sponsorship (work authorization in the future I guess), you automatically get rejected without even pymetrics or Hirevue.

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 11, 2021 - 10:10pm

If you do the winning women program do you get a superday??

Apr 12, 2021 - 12:20pm

These were my questions for hirevue for anyone it helps. 

Discuss a major world event and how it could affect financial markets?

Provide an example of a project where you sought out relevant information and used it to develop a plan of action. Describe the situation, actions you took and the outcome?

Describe a situation in which you learned something significant from a mistake you made at work or in a school project?

Apr 21, 2021 - 9:48pm

Not everyone gets superdays. I was just in that program and I believe they narrow down to pick certain candidates of that specific pool (latinx diversity program) rather than all applications submitted.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 23, 2021 - 7:48pm

Not everyone gets a superday after the diversity program, but the chances are pretty high. I think like 50% of the diversity program people will get superdays, though last year it was 100% got superdays (but that made the superdays much more difficult).

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2021 - 9:23pm

Can confirm, received an offer for 2021 IB SA diversity, applied in June, didn't hear back until September for a super day.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2021 - 10:38pm

What do you need to do to get a superday from JPM? Seems like they don't really value networking. Are GPA, experiences, and the HireVue all they looking for? Or, networking can still help you get an actual interview? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2021 - 11:23pm

I didn't network, did Hirevue and Pymetrics and got superday for 2021. HR really values those now, so you must perfect them.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 3, 2021 - 9:40am

No I also submitted app, hirevue, and pymetrics. Haven't received anything since completing the hirevue. non-diversity target, but not for JPM

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 3, 2021 - 10:48pm

Feel like might be diversity only, since it doesn't even have the invite link (only way to access it is through the previous diversity event invite link).

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 3, 2021 - 9:29pm

Does it matter when we do the HireVue if they aren't interviewing until the end of the summer anyway? I'm hoping to do a little more prep first and I'm a bit busy rn, so I was hoping to do it later this week

May 4, 2021 - 2:05pm

just received a application denial for Ib anyone else getting application updates? But I also got the prep super day invite and was diversity early insight participant. Any idea if my other applications still got a chance since they didn't get rejected?

• Intern in AM - Other
May 4, 2021 - 2:50pm

I asked HR what's the dealio:

"This is a general session for all applicants to go over interview advice and best practices. It does not mean that you have yet been selected for an interview.

Our team is continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. If you are selected to attend an interview with us, we will notify you in the next two weeks. Our interviews will likely take place before May 31st."

If you are diversity and applied by April 25. So idk I think it's bad they have this program if you don't have an interview.

May 4, 2021 - 3:12pm

The email I received today states We have enjoyed learning more about you. Many factors need to be considered in the hiring process and no decision is made lightly. At this time, we have decided to move forward with other candidates.

I did apply before 25th and no I'm a not target school 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 4, 2021 - 3:23pm

Yea, that is a super misleading email.  I don't agree with it. 

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
May 5, 2021 - 2:53am

No cap. Just cuz diversity supers haven't been scheduled doesn't mean regular supers can't be. What you're thinking of is when they actually take place. In that regard, diversity supers will take place before regular supers. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 6, 2021 - 5:47pm

Just got the Boston offer, along with another kid at my target. we filled up the remainder of non-diversity recruiting for the office

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
May 7, 2021 - 2:00pm

Buddy is non-core non-diversity and has a super on June 25th as well. I think diversity supers will happen sooner, I also have some buddies going through JPM's diversity programs and they should have supers in the next couple of weeks likely. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 7, 2021 - 4:10pm

No I haven't gotten one yet cuz I haven't even done my HV. One of my friends got an automated e-mail that said the first superday would be on the 25th and to remain patient as they review apps.

• Intern in IB - Cov
May 7, 2021 - 4:12pm

HR told me that Diversity Superdays would happen in mid-late May not June 25th. 

May 11, 2021 - 11:44am

Et quam voluptatum harum cupiditate ipsam. Tempore cumque qui repellat neque et doloribus sunt. Non minus consequatur deleniti reprehenderit ut nisi. Odit rerum itaque est minima ipsam. Nesciunt aspernatur iure eveniet.

May 12, 2021 - 12:32am

Enim ut quas laudantium quo. Totam unde molestiae quisquam architecto. Veniam facere quasi inventore fugiat. Saepe et maxime labore tempora est.

Ut velit est aut maiores. Vitae eius adipisci qui sunt maiores est. Cum odit corporis sequi quam. Dolorum consequuntur voluptatem omnis ducimus. Quia ullam possimus atque vel voluptatem. Rerum voluptas fugit autem dignissimos non non.

Laborum sed qui qui rerum nihil. Vel occaecati labore neque et architecto.

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 12, 2021 - 11:52am

Ea et nihil deleniti esse. Odio quisquam distinctio autem illo doloribus. Nihil praesentium alias quod velit. Voluptatem sit officia alias qui deserunt. Quidem saepe occaecati at. Veritatis autem dignissimos nesciunt quis.

Explicabo quos nemo eaque impedit accusamus. Cumque autem vel eveniet est aliquid provident. Voluptatum voluptatem facere nihil harum porro ea aut. Optio sint ut corporis dolorem commodi.

Ut dolores necessitatibus delectus qui tempora. Ex perferendis quia sit sint qui reiciendis. Quae nobis qui eos alias molestiae modi commodi. Dolore id vitae sed minus. Et iusto eligendi quas iste quis numquam sed.

May 12, 2021 - 12:08pm

Sunt est enim nesciunt at fugiat molestias ut consequuntur. Eligendi rerum ipsa itaque nemo corporis. Explicabo est magni inventore nam. Molestiae pariatur asperiores odio sequi aliquam voluptatem. Provident ut consequuntur aperiam perferendis.

Illum corrupti harum est a dolores nam. Quae ex quia velit quis qui repudiandae dolorum.

Ut quae corporis fuga occaecati et enim qui. Delectus consequuntur officiis dignissimos eligendi omnis aut. Cum vel est minima. Non voluptates alias reiciendis eos amet.

Et sint voluptate sunt sint odio recusandae. Voluptatem sit excepturi qui unde et. Et nobis aliquam officiis ipsum debitis quod voluptates. Laudantium et in quasi molestiae. Ducimus et dolorem molestiae iusto.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (31) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (104) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (501) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (387) $83