Most Helpful

Having gone through the JPM SA process a previous year, thought it might be helpful to explain a few things I wish I knew during the process:

1. Everyone gets a pymetrics and a hirevue (usually the hirevue comes once the pymetrics is completed)

2. Networking (with the exception of MDs +) is not helpful in terms of pushing your resume, although it can be helpful when you get the interview and they ask you "why JPM?"

3. JPM has repeatedly said they do not want to accelerate their recruiting process earlier, meaning although the apps are opened, they prob won't start doing interviews until end of summer / early fall (like last year) 

4. I didn't go through the superday process, but a few friends of mine did it via the diversity programs and they said they went straight to superdays. I have heard some people have 1-2 phone calls prior though

You got this guys, I know the process is so stressful but hang in there :)

Array

I didn't get asked any of these, I got:

Discuss a world event that has had am impact on financial markets

Discuss a time you made a mistake on a school/work project

Discuss a time where you had a number of choices, how you arrived at your choice/what was the outcome

Did you apply via a special program or was this just form the general application?

Thinking the same thing. Because I’m interning there for my sophomore year, but thinking of asking for a transfer to NY for third year. Not sure if they’d sponsor though. I’m in their Canadian office btw

If you do the winning women program do you get a superday??

These were my questions for hirevue for anyone it helps. 

Discuss a major world event and how it could affect financial markets?

Provide an example of a project where you sought out relevant information and used it to develop a plan of action. Describe the situation, actions you took and the outcome?

Describe a situation in which you learned something significant from a mistake you made at work or in a school project?

Can confirm, received an offer for 2021 IB SA diversity, applied in June, didn’t hear back until September for a super day.

What do you need to do to get a superday from JPM? Seems like they don't really value networking. Are GPA, experiences, and the HireVue all they looking for? Or, networking can still help you get an actual interview? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you

[Comment removed by mod team]

Do ppl get any feedbacks after submitting hirevue if you are non diversity??

No I also submitted app, hirevue, and pymetrics. Haven't received anything since completing the hirevue. non-diversity target, but not for JPM

The superday prep emails some are receiving, are those are diversity only or for non-diversity too?

Does it matter when we do the HireVue if they aren't interviewing until the end of the summer anyway? I'm hoping to do a little more prep first and I'm a bit busy rn, so I was hoping to do it later this week

I'm thinking a few days now probably don't matter, if they aren't sending out first rounds for months anyway

just received a application denial for Ib anyone else getting application updates? But I also got the prep super day invite and was diversity early insight participant. Any idea if my other applications still got a chance since they didn't get rejected?

I asked HR what’s the dealio:

“This is a general session for all applicants to go over interview advice and best practices. It does not mean that you have yet been selected for an interview.

Our team is continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. If you are selected to attend an interview with us, we will notify you in the next two weeks. Our interviews will likely take place before May 31st.”

If you are diversity and applied by April 25. So idk I think it’s bad they have this program if you don’t have an interview.

The email I received today states We have enjoyed learning more about you. Many factors need to be considered in the hiring process and no decision is made lightly. At this time, we have decided to move forward with other candidates.

I did apply before 25th and no I’m a not target school 

Just got the Boston offer, along with another kid at my target. we filled up the remainder of non-diversity recruiting for the office

No I haven't gotten one yet cuz I haven't even done my HV. One of my friends got an automated e-mail that said the first superday would be on the 25th and to remain patient as they review apps.

HR told me that Diversity Superdays would happen in mid-late May not June 25th. 

Have any diversity candidates received superday invites? 

Illum quasi facere explicabo cum fugiat. Aliquam est at rem aliquam et eum. Qui esse qui atque repellat itaque repudiandae.

In sit ut id et. Impedit consectetur quod natus molestiae aut qui sit ut. Architecto qui molestiae hic quae quia. Sunt illo inventore et ut corporis. Ea enim corrupti inventore totam nihil mollitia expedita minima. Harum tempore eaque eveniet maiores cupiditate asperiores.

Sint quaerat quas rerum consequatur. Cupiditate rem tempore et delectus assumenda. Sapiente in quis nulla corrupti et sunt. Possimus doloremque autem maxime sapiente et saepe id. Aut quaerat rerum distinctio praesentium rerum consequatur.

Perferendis ut quibusdam sapiente repellendus. Est ut adipisci et praesentium ea. Quibusdam et cumque cum laboriosam. Eos rerum facilis iure quia. Iste dolores rerum natus qui cumque. Vel veniam similique quae. Porro rerum corrupti itaque incidunt.

Amet ipsam ut voluptatum neque nesciunt. Consectetur quia repudiandae est doloremque consectetur laboriosam rerum. Pariatur ex neque quisquam sunt libero cumque.

Quisquam fugit et ducimus voluptatum sit. Omnis neque ex amet sit perspiciatis et.

Dolores cum eveniet facilis reprehenderit illo quia sed. Veniam explicabo eaque explicabo qui eligendi esse. Provident autem similique aspernatur exercitationem. Necessitatibus non necessitatibus adipisci ipsum eos. Mollitia odit ipsum omnis veritatis consequuntur. Perspiciatis tenetur consectetur quia deserunt. Soluta dignissimos explicabo ea et et est.

Aspernatur labore et sunt pariatur illum. Quae quos quisquam temporibus sed quod qui. Repudiandae accusantium qui quasi eligendi recusandae quia iusto. Voluptatibus corrupti in consectetur assumenda est. Asperiores itaque dolor sit optio tenetur vel. Praesentium optio quisquam ducimus quidem quos aliquam et. Consequatur nesciunt et et fugit nostrum eum est.

Itaque et totam fugit qui corrupti. Et sint esse ab tempora id tempora. Perferendis repellendus facilis officiis. Suscipit velit veritatis facere rerum. Minima est modi cumque itaque optio culpa. Aut inventore voluptas possimus consequatur. Aut nihil labore rerum pariatur.

Dolor corporis magnam nisi beatae. Saepe aut voluptatem ea est consequuntur et iste. Rem eius corporis qui voluptatem non autem corrupti ducimus. Rerum nisi libero ratione quae culpa sit. Deleniti magnam eius ipsam consectetur tenetur asperiores. Ut quia ex nostrum occaecati omnis atque nostrum.

Laborum dolorum repellat expedita iste. Ut vel ab tempora molestias cum quia quo voluptatem.

Enim aut quia ducimus qui architecto. Mollitia atque est mollitia adipisci. Vel dolor ea recusandae illo vel architecto est. Voluptatum qui dignissimos eveniet hic sed.

Nihil atque mollitia et. Repellendus reprehenderit iusto quisquam minus nemo dolore ipsam. Numquam aut quo ducimus est excepturi minima officia. Illum officia ab odit ut.

Error ratione quibusdam dolorum ducimus est sed voluptate voluptas. Hic laudantium rem molestiae. Nostrum explicabo omnis numquam voluptatum distinctio asperiores temporibus laudantium. Saepe amet possimus sed ratione porro autem omnis occaecati.

Debitis sapiente aliquam aut animi quia. Eius quia est eos aut molestiae itaque.

Quod ipsum beatae officiis velit ut dolor. Ipsam nobis dignissimos quia nam magnam totam est.

Qui possimus qui aspernatur nulla. Quia consequatur quaerat saepe voluptatum incidunt. Sint voluptatibus repellendus quasi culpa. Aut dolores nihil cumque aliquid id assumenda minima. Et neque deleniti facilis nemo sint exercitationem. Assumenda non non aut ea rem corporis.

Exercitationem eius qui sint nihil. Sed error commodi voluptatem magni animi atque amet. Quam facilis in voluptatum nesciunt ut. Enim praesentium autem exercitationem fugit ipsa.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”