KKR 2020 Analyst program

It seems KKR is starting an analyst program again starting full time in 2020.

Does anyone have some info on what the program is like? Is it industry specific or generalist, career progress after (2 and out vs direct promotion), hours, comp, thoughts on the level of involvement/responsibility an analyst will when working along side an associate.

Word on the street is that the program is going to be extremely small. There was some talk among school/finance club alumni at my target and as far as I know they're looking to hire a single student from our school and are targeting a female/diversity candidate who has interned at one of: a top BB, EB or top PE analyst program (think SLP, BX, GSIP)

They also visited my school. I assume we go to different schools, because the information we got mentioned hiring FT analysts for nearly all of their classic PE industry groups, C&PG, REPE + Credit, and their TMT growth program. Though female/diversity candidates probably have a leg up in the process, they are definitely hiring for many positions.

I also received that information. And I also heard that they're hiring for many positions. My point still stands though; as I said, the only person they reached out to was one (1) female candidate, highlighting that they're probably taking a very small number of candidates and the ones they are are going to fulfill diversity quotas. Not judging or whatnot, just saying what I know.

Do people know whether it’s true that these programs have 3.9 interview cutoffs? A friend who interviewed once said that’s the case at Bain Cap and Warburg given the number of applicants and the fact that there are only 1-2 openings per group. Would appreciate a megafund stud to confirm/call bullshit on this

A hypothetical Wharton M&T that has a sophomore summer at Apollo and is in the right networks probably won’t get dinged outright for a 3.8. So no, probably not a strict cutoff, but yes, the vast majority of kids that actually do get the job do have 3.9+

See my post here for more:

https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/buyside-jobs-out-of-undergrad#co…

I got it as well, and my friends who applied also got it. Said it was a bunch of behaviorals and 50 brain teaser/quick math questions. Hope it doesn’t cutoff some kids for this machine screening.

Array

The networking event is for their top candidates. Typically 3.9+ from wharton/harvard and with BB IBD or PE/HF ongoing junior summer. Those are the kids getting 1st round interviews. Whatever prescreen is only to screen out any outliers at that point.

Nothing for me but friend said she already had a phone interview and was invited for an in office round for upcoming weekend. That said, she reached out after the campus event and has been in contact with their recruiting team.

Student at a top target, have two friends interning at KKR for their junior summer (non diversity). From my understanding, the program is for a specific area of the firm, like distressed credit or any classic PE role. Both guys interning at the firm have 3.8+ GPAs and internships at top banks, PE firms, HFs, etc prior to joining KKR.

Was able to enter in my details, submitted and then came to a page saying "Webinar Registration Pending Approval". I'm assuming that's as good as pre-registration gets

Also, anyone else think it was sorta funny that they sent everyone the email rather than a bcc?

Most Helpful

For those who couldn’t make the webinar, they said that the teams are reviewing our applications now. First round invites should go out in the next 2 weeks. The first rounds will be by phone with 2 people from the team, and final rounds will be in person (with up to 5 interviews that day) at the end of July. People receiving offers should be notified by the second week of August.

Suppose I'm giving away part of my identity, but KKR will take 1-2 per group (depends on the group). KKR PE (Healthcare, C/R, F/S, Energy, TMT, Industrials), Infra, Credit, SSits, growth, and impact will all be taking people (as will some MO/BO functions). There isn't a real mandate to take only one or only two. Given that, each group (at least on the CPE side) is encouraged to take only one analyst. At least for my group, and I know for a number of others, we have sent out first-round invites in the last couple of days. Interviews will be fairly behavioral at first, then more and more technical as you go along. Gpa, undergrad school, work experience, and some connections in the firm are all important.

Really? One of those groups you named was not mentioned as recruiting full times. Have things changed? If this is the group I’m suspecting then you’ve completely given away your identity haha

Et laudantium dicta culpa qui odit ut. Atque odio nobis aliquid officia rerum. Et et nihil possimus perspiciatis nesciunt modi ipsa. Quia tempore sed architecto rem ab. Incidunt quia quisquam fugit sapiente quisquam consequatur.

Nostrum sint excepturi ducimus cupiditate vel earum non. Corporis ut exercitationem corrupti fugit quasi. Maiores nihil voluptas quis quas. Facere provident nostrum mollitia odio sapiente.

Excepturi illum blanditiis consequuntur ut. Exercitationem facere minus blanditiis asperiores repellendus beatae. Laboriosam eius quas nulla ut nihil explicabo. Accusantium provident voluptatem fugiat. Nemo in nihil ad ipsa tenetur harum.

In et est eius ad. Deleniti et minima sit. Eaque fuga exercitationem ab exercitationem dolore corrupti. Rerum et possimus aut illum nobis natus. Est possimus quo optio dolorem. Facere quod ipsam sit dolorum non nulla. At fuga esse quas quia.

Qui cum quaerat doloribus. Sint voluptas quo totam sapiente debitis et. Temporibus sint recusandae veniam non. Corrupti modi similique aperiam sit omnis odio. Dolor cumque vero error rem veniam accusamus rem. Est iure amet nisi labore veniam quasi labore. Sed sed aut alias non doloribus aut.

Molestias optio earum dolor natus facere non magni. Cupiditate consectetur itaque quo repellat vel. Assumenda odio totam eaque fugiat omnis. Modi laudantium laborum error a ipsam.

Recusandae harum atque reprehenderit in dolores. Perferendis blanditiis autem vero veniam explicabo nam dolores praesentium. Ipsum numquam officiis impedit soluta vitae odio voluptatem harum. Autem iusto sint et assumenda aspernatur reprehenderit nihil. Eius dolorem qui asperiores.

Vel eos ut necessitatibus maiores autem vitae sint. Et provident magnam fugiat necessitatibus ut ex.

Necessitatibus rerum qui voluptas consequatur. Cum qui quis illum odio amet. Doloremque voluptatem nesciunt qui sed. Perspiciatis minus eius natus veniam consequuntur et similique natus.

Maiores ad omnis aut soluta accusantium nesciunt recusandae. Dolores soluta dolor adipisci cumque voluptates. Porro quia dicta explicabo corrupti est. Fuga magni quam modi voluptas nesciunt. Delectus praesentium quisquam ut sit doloremque doloribus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”