just got an invite for a first round a few days ago (non-target)

Does TD pretty much only take from what would be considered non-targets at most banks? Thought they still had some target schools that are top level ones

Oh no. I thought I'd certainly get a first round from networking. That sucks 

Just received a first round. Non-target non-diversity no networking. The interview is for a specific coverage group though. Weird. Never seen any other bank make you interview for a specific coverage group from the beginning

Yep NYC. I feel you man just gotta keep plugging along. Almost half of my are interviews are places where I didn't network, but I do have a pretty strong resume. It's still good to network tho. 

Anyone have a good answer for why TD? Have an interview this week and struggling to come up for an answer lol. Didn't network at all either so can't use the bs cop out that the people there are exceptional. And is MM an accurate classification for TD?

Do you know what group this is for? Also I would just wait for a few days and follow up, that's normal.

no, i spoke to two associate they said its on rolling basis, so ....

Has anyone gotten a super yet? Did first round last week and have heard nothing

They've been out for a while. Did one 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back

TD is not done with its recruiting. I go to a target, talked to an alum 3 weeks ago, 1st round 2 weeks ago, SD 1 week ago, received the offer this week. I personally know someone who has an upcoming interview next week for summer associate.

Their process is quick, typically you hear back within 1 week (like mine). I interviewed with DIG and have already accepted the offer. Their process is also flexible, cuz I know someone who received the offer late May.

For everyone's benefit, feel free to comment below if any questions

i go to non target and networked with PUI and never recieved a first round, do i still have hope?

Most Helpful

The process might be different from group to group (honestly idk). My friend and I recruited for DIG. He goes to an MBA that idk so I assume it’s a non target, but he is having his first round next week.

I would suggest just keep grinding to see if things will shake loose. Let people know who you talked to and ask them “I talked to xxxxxx, is there anyone else that you’d recommend me talk to in order to get to know more about the group and people”. In that way, people know how much effort you put in. Definitely don’t forget to follow up with your good contacts.

As for the strategy overall regarding TD’s process, we interview for specific groups. I was recruiting for CMT but didn’t get a bunch of good contacts. By chance I talked to a person at DIG and the convo went extremely well and I landed a first round which is translated into a 2022 SA offer. So I would suggest you to reach out to people from more than just 1 group to maximize the chance if your interested in any other ones.

I interviewed for DIG 1st round on 6/14. Still haven't heard back. Do I have any chance of super or did I get rejected? Also what target are you? Like Ivies/Umich/NYU/UChi? I'm non-target and didn't network but aced the interview since it was basically just techs. Wonder if I got cut because I didn't have much of a network there. Seems it's really lean too dude said his deal team was like 2 analysts, 1 associate, 1 VP, and 1 MD so it could be that have very few spots.

as for the target, yes.

I had my first round around your time. When I was networking, my contact told me their process moves quick, like 1st round then sd in a week then offer. My 1st round interviewer also told me that I could expect to hear from them in a week or two. Just in case they missed you (I believe they are still hiring), plz follow up with your interviewer and your contact as well, as I think people in DIG are well connected to each other. It was my contact who gave me the offer call, not my interviewers. He told me "I asked your 3 interviewers for feedback and everyone enjoyed talking to you". Definitely leverage your contact to see where you are in the process if you are able to do so

anyone hear back from TD PU yet? I had a superday a couple weeks back but haven't heard. I've been told they do offers after interviewing all candidates. 

To my knowledge I believe first rounds were complete mid june. 

reached out to my network, he said they the process is still going so if they find candidates they like they will reach out

Nope, either we are just getting ghosted or they haven't sent any offers. I don't believe the P&U team is doing it on a rolling basis either so if they do send offers they will probably send all at once. 

Heard they are done with recruiting, sorry man keep your head up tho. 

Consectetur reprehenderit expedita est autem. Ea consequuntur quis omnis sed molestiae qui. Earum quos cupiditate fugiat nemo. Minima est rerum dolor. Consequatur voluptates incidunt deleniti provident adipisci. Odit odit voluptatem quae voluptatem repellat ipsam aut.

Facilis aut iusto blanditiis eos et sed. Officiis sint totam enim delectus. Omnis est officiis voluptatem quod aperiam explicabo.

Et laborum alias ut quia quo est error. Quibusdam explicabo necessitatibus qui perferendis ut voluptas. Illo voluptates eaque adipisci fuga facilis libero corporis ad.

Numquam non ducimus aut voluptatem incidunt eligendi. Aut veritatis ut magni eaque ut aliquam aut reiciendis. Asperiores voluptates velit est molestias perferendis enim magni.

Quidem aut aperiam deserunt a hic omnis. Necessitatibus id perspiciatis iste optio non aut labore. Dolorem est delectus nisi aperiam non.

Corrupti dolorum voluptatum odit nulla tenetur enim. Ex et esse non ipsa consequatur non inventore. Quia ducimus molestias dolorum molestias voluptatem. Nisi inventore rerum corrupti.

Quo molestias adipisci ea est odio. Occaecati rerum maxime consequuntur vitae libero. Et dolore commodi aut sint sit. Aut aut sequi nesciunt eos esse modi quis. Eveniet deserunt quis dolores et totam voluptatem et.

Accusantium ipsum ut voluptatem rem soluta eius. Eos nobis est voluptas cupiditate. Voluptatem vel alias reprehenderit libero nemo in. Velit dolores laborum omnis alias. Dolorem minima facere cum cumque rerum iusto esse. Vel error dicta molestiae odit esse eum ut.

Vel repellat libero omnis eum veniam minus. Alias est vero praesentium delectus. Molestiae dignissimos ullam repellendus eaque iste. Suscipit animi vel et sed excepturi repudiandae omnis. Nisi ut sit laudantium nemo similique dolor dolorem. Ut et ad aut consequatur quas sit suscipit.

Veniam magni sed accusamus necessitatibus facilis repellat. Autem soluta molestiae maiores cumque. Perspiciatis ipsa beatae est dolor optio sed. Nam quisquam aut autem facilis. Repellendus dolorum suscipit illum nihil eum unde. Dolor veritatis veritatis sed dolorum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”