Updated Summer 2019 SA Open Applications

Hi everyone, I know there's a mega-thread for this but that thread doesn't seem to have the most accurate information.

Investment Banks With Summer 2019 Applications Open

Summer 2018 applications have barely closed and it's already time to start thinking about 2019.

The following firms have opened their general applications for Summer 2019:

• Evercore
  • Credit Suisse
  • J.P Morgan
  • Deutsche Bank
  • William Blair - Applications open March 1st, early interviews for 2019 begin late April/early May for target schools.
  • Guggenheim
  • Wells Fargo
  • Rothschild
  • PJT Partners
  • Houlihan Lokey
  • Perella Weinberg Partners
  • Citigroup
  • Lazard
  • Greenhill
  • Piper Affray-Houston
  • Moelis
  • Barclays Capital

Read More About Getting A Job In Investment Banking

Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?

The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real-world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.

Investment Banking Interview Course Here

Need Help Preparing for Consulting Case Interviews?

Land at an elite consulting firm with the most comprehensive case interview prep in the world. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to land the most coveted jobs.

Consulting Case Interview Prep

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (560)

Mar 23, 2018 - 2:53am

Yeah haha, I'm still interviewing for a position for this summer and now I might have to interview for 2019 also. It's wild that they can quite literally both be in the same week.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 3, 2018 - 12:40pm

Hey man!

I also am looking for Jun SA positions. Any chance you could share that spreadsheet with me? I've started one myself but haven't been able to fill it out extensively yet.

Thanks

Mar 16, 2018 - 12:44am

So I'm on the West Coast, and I'm curious on whether the same process kind of happens in NYC or whether it's way more structured.

Many of my friends had 8-10 first round interviews last year, and did not apply to ANY of the banks. They just had info calls, got passed around and then were interviewed. I've even heard of people getting offers here and then HR reaching out and asking them to apply officially so they're in the system lol.

Mar 16, 2018 - 10:34am

I think it's a mix of structured and not. You won't get an interview through applying online, you need someone to push for you from networking. However, from there you will go through the phone screen/Superday process. I'm a sophomore at a non-target (for most banks however target for others)

Mar 16, 2018 - 12:45pm

networking is definitely important for firms like GS, MS, and EBs but I've actually found that JP and Citi have taken a bunch of people from my school how had 0 contacts there prior to their first round.. guess there's a bit of luck involved in everything

Mar 16, 2018 - 11:18am

Do you think its worth waiting a little bit longer to network even more before applying, or apply first and then network?
Its so early in the year, that some bankers are not used to pushing resumes so early nor are some of them aware of the new accelerated process.
I have no idea what to do...

Mar 16, 2018 - 5:36pm

I'd consider networking a supplement to your entire application. You are one of thousands of students applying for an internship position and you likely won't be pulled through the first few initial screening processes because of your network.

(I am generalizing a bit here, sure for some smaller shops this might not be the case, but with BB banks that receive over 250k applications per year, your quick chat with some associate isn't going to do shit to brute force your way past other students)

Networking likely has the greatest impact when you are in the Super round stage and your bank is trying to finalize their acceptance list. They will likely extend an offer to someone who has networked more aggressively / fits in with the teams if all else is equal between two or more candidates.

While I can't give a definitive answer on whats better or worse, I'd say its likely better to just get your application in ASAP.

Mar 16, 2018 - 8:35pm

Does anyone have an any insight on the Goldman Sachs early action Application process? Like if we apply within that window, do we have to have all of our networking done with them already? Its only a month, which is fucking wild lmao. I wonder how quick HireVues will come out after applying.

Mar 17, 2018 - 3:25pm

is full time recruiting pushed up this year as well?

Array
Mar 18, 2018 - 11:05pm

Doesn't seem like it, since FT recruiting is essentially dependent on how many SA get return offers. That being said, I believe there's a thread on here for 2019 FT recruiting that would be worthwhile to check out

Mar 17, 2018 - 6:29pm

The firms I listed have opened applications for US and I'm not sure if it includes international positions. I've been told you can put a line item for your upcoming internship on your resume and put like "incoming analyst" or whatever just don't put bullets.

Mar 18, 2018 - 11:10pm

How are people listing their summer 2018 internships on resume when applying early? I don't want to put "Incoming Summer Analyst" but with apps open so early I think it's necessary to put this summer's job?

Array

Mar 19, 2018 - 12:10am

this topic has been discussed a lot in many of these threads...

You DO put it on your resume. Put "incoming etc" on your resume for whatever you are doing for this summer.

Some firms SPECIFICALLY ask you to put what you are doing for your summer of 2018 on your resume before applying.

Mar 20, 2018 - 7:35pm

I saw that Raymond James just posted something about a week ago for the 2018 Investment Banking Internship so I don't think 2019 apps will be open yet. I believe it's open to sophomores but I could be wrong.

Mar 22, 2018 - 4:33pm

So I have been looking into the Credit Suisse 2019 applications and there are only around 3. Is this correct or is it just me?

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
Mar 22, 2018 - 7:51pm

As someone who's went through the process (or at least followed it as a rising sophomore last summer), it's at least 4 months earlier this year compared to last. Last year most apps opened late June through mid July now all the firms listed have already opened their general applications (with the exception of GS who will be closing their early round April 15th then opening again in July)

Mar 22, 2018 - 8:52pm

Does anyone know which major BB's, EB's or MM's are doing Fall recruiting as well, if at all?

And are you guys submitting apps through OCR, online, or both?

Mar 23, 2018 - 4:11pm

Houston IB is starting up soon too. From what I know, BAML, Jefferies, RBC, and Moelis are planning on doing SA first rounds beginning/middle of April. It's literally insane how fast Recruitment is getting. Not sure how kids that don't even have four full semesters of college under their belts can possibly be ready to go right now

Mar 26, 2018 - 6:07pm

What does an undergrad 10-week GS/JPM analyst intern make? Does an IB intern make a lot more than securities?
After rent and expenses, what can you realistically save?
Sorry if dumb questions, I'm just a young pup trying to learn.

Mar 26, 2018 - 9:44pm

Prorated salary of $85,000 is pretty standard although there are variations plus signing bonuses for interns can often times help with rent expense. So figure ~$16,000 salary for the summer, however I do not know about how much you can actually save. (I've read you will save roughly $5k over the summer but I may be wrong) Hope this is helpful

Mar 27, 2018 - 12:09am

This is getting insane, hoping I can swing a Summer 2019 Internship. I decided to deny a Summer 2018 offer to try and have one summer off before losing any free time for the foreseeable future.

Mar 27, 2018 - 8:02pm

Asperiores odit qui iusto non. Esse velit sed omnis autem et nemo omnis. Laboriosam atque aut a blanditiis. Qui cumque accusamus non et voluptatem molestiae molestiae. Distinctio doloribus natus eveniet rerum totam deserunt quae ut. A magnam explicabo consequatur ea earum qui quis.

Velit esse aut modi aut voluptatem. Sed molestiae qui et consequuntur. Dolorem in doloremque quaerat in qui. Necessitatibus expedita ullam explicabo praesentium ut. In rem quis adipisci.

Rerum quis delectus autem qui. Eaque suscipit enim eum. Officia minima sapiente debitis molestiae aliquid autem ut quia. Sit minima debitis et eaque eligendi et quaerat.

Mar 27, 2018 - 8:50pm

Similique vero aut et. Ab temporibus expedita ut minima. Voluptatibus sunt vitae minus inventore. Sed praesentium neque fugit facere rerum odit magni placeat. Modi aliquid enim officia et error.

Voluptas laborum dolor pariatur et est sed. Minima similique at et iusto tempore et. Quisquam molestiae soluta animi ex.

Facere aliquam placeat suscipit quam rerum eveniet. Eaque quod aliquam nesciunt vel minus. Repellendus rerum voluptates rem corrupti aliquam animi quasi.

Modi non nam et ex eum. Voluptate at aut et repellendus qui rerum alias.

Mar 29, 2018 - 7:58pm

Fugiat rem nam pariatur dicta odit omnis quidem. Tempore iste voluptates omnis magni harum quis quibusdam. Harum sed omnis doloremque natus consequatur debitis molestiae. Deserunt in aut deserunt ea. Eos facere praesentium vel aut amet perspiciatis qui. Atque occaecati ad dolorem aut quia veniam adipisci.

Repellendus enim rerum magnam a. Laudantium voluptatem id sed dicta harum. Earum iste repellendus animi qui sed officia ut. Ipsum asperiores voluptatem id et.

Nesciunt blanditiis error ipsam expedita voluptatibus ipsam qui. Ut molestiae beatae dolorem facere. Non magni consequatur voluptas doloremque maiores sunt quaerat.

Dolores ut ut animi non reiciendis illum qui. Officiis expedita aut commodi eum. Omnis iusto ratione omnis amet perferendis. Soluta delectus molestiae ullam cumque earum nihil doloremque ut. Repellat recusandae repellat et et recusandae dolorem voluptatum voluptatum.

Mar 30, 2018 - 8:14pm

Magnam dolore maiores dolor qui cupiditate. Corporis veritatis nemo et animi sit est repudiandae. Dolore officiis illum itaque asperiores exercitationem ad debitis.

Quaerat odit laudantium quos veritatis ullam facilis veritatis quisquam. Facere consequuntur dolores ratione ea qui corporis quo. Vel molestiae mollitia amet enim ipsam quae quos. Vel delectus vitae repellendus.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (229) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (139) $155
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (32) $149
  • Intern/Summer Associate (104) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (504) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (387) $83