Pages

Updated Summer 2019 SA Open Applications

Hi everyone, I know there's a megathread for this but that thread doesn't seem to have the most accurate information.

Right now it looks like the following firms have opened their general applications for Summer 2019 SA-
Evercore
Credit Suisse
J.P Morgan
Deutsche Bank
William Blair
Guggenheim
Wells Fargo
Rothschild
PJT Partners
Houlihan Lokey
Perella Weinberg Partners
Citigroup
Lazard
Greenhill
Piper Affray-Houston
Moelis
Barclays Capital

If any others you know of have, please comment below

Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job

Members that upload a resume get 2.3x the number of interview invites through the Talent Oasis. Learn more.

Comments (494)

Mar 13, 2018

William Blair opened applications March 1st, early interviews for 2019 begin late april/early may for target schools.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 22, 2018

Damn, that's early! Am I crazy for thinking they're missing out on a ton of talent? Feels like these timelines are prohibitively early.

Mar 23, 2018

Yeah haha, I'm still interviewing for a position for this summer and now I might have to interview for 2019 also. It's wild that they can quite literally both be in the same week.

Apr 11, 2018

damn

May 14, 2018

Already interviewed. Just got offer. Non Target. No connections.

May 16, 2018

When did you apply? Also, just saw your other posts, mind if I PM you?

Jun 9, 2018

You are a beast. PMd you

Jun 20, 2018

Help me.

Are you sure it's a Republic?

Jun 20, 2018

PM me

Mar 14, 2018

When do you think we will hear back for places like William Blair/DB and CS?

Mar 16, 2018

I know William Blair deadline is June 1, while DB and CS both use online assessments that usually come quite quickly after application and then if you get an interview it probably won't be too long.

Apr 26, 2018

Good friend was just offered a SA position at DB in Global Markets for summer 19.

Array
Mar 22, 2018

First rounds will be in June, with superdays in July/August

Mar 22, 2018

Both CS and William Blair? Is this only for target schools?

Mar 22, 2018

Only blair and it is for both target and nontarget

May 11, 2018

Got an offer for SA. non target

May 13, 2018

Congrats, man! I hope this gives some hope to the other non-targets out there thinking they won't be able to get an offer.

May 13, 2018

I hope it does too. If I listened to everybody that told me i couldn't do it, I wouldn't be where i am. I did 0 networking. I don't have any family there. I am a non target. I just submitted my resume to the online portal. Got a phone screen, 2nd phone screen, superday in chicago and offer the same day. I don't need a guarantee to go for something. I just need to know i have a chance.

May 14, 2018

Are you an international student? If so, where else did you interview?

Mar 15, 2018

Might as well add GS to the list

Mar 15, 2018

Add Guggenheim partners

Mar 15, 2018

Should add Wells Fargo to that list as well. How many banks are you guys planning to apply to in total? 15-20? 25+? 30-35+?

Mar 15, 2018

Are their applications open on their website?

Mar 15, 2018

Yeah, I'm planning to apply by the end of next week.

Mar 15, 2018

35+ but im only a freshman atm

Mar 15, 2018

Yeah, I made an excel spreadsheet of at least 35-40 banks+ to apply to for junior yr SA recruitment. A lot of the banks tho don't have many non-diversity sophomore openings though unfortunately for you. What university do you currently happen to be at?

Mar 15, 2018

uva brah you?

Mar 15, 2018

northwestern haha

Mar 15, 2018

o nice homes

Mar 15, 2018

thanks man are you from va? in state?

Mar 16, 2018

helll yuh u a freshman doe?

Mar 16, 2018

nah i'm a sophomore

Mar 16, 2018

o das straight b
gud luck

Mar 16, 2018

Thanks you too lol

Apr 2, 2018

Mar 17, 2018

yea i had a corporate finance internship-- used it to learn a little more about finance and basic valuation... it was paid as well, but the knowledge is ultimately what matters most

Apr 2, 2018

Mar 23, 2018

Best Response
Mar 22, 2018

I heard banks stopped recruiting at UVA after yall got got whipped by UMBC

Apr 2, 2018

Mar 23, 2018

Lol they ruined like half our traders brackets

May 4, 2018

Lol I did the same thing. I'm at UC Berkeley Haas Hows it going for your search?

May 4, 2018

It's been alright haha hbu?

Jun 4, 2018

Would you mind sharing the list with me? I am a rising junior at a liberal arts university and we don't have a finance major. Although we are targets of BBs but I really don't know anything about Boutiques and would love to get some names... Please lmk! Thanks!

Jun 9, 2018

BRah just read the top of this page

Mar 16, 2018

So I'm on the West Coast, and I'm curious on whether the same process kind of happens in NYC or whether it's way more structured.

Many of my friends had 8-10 first round interviews last year, and did not apply to ANY of the banks. They just had info calls, got passed around and then were interviewed. I've even heard of people getting offers here and then HR reaching out and asking them to apply officially so they're in the system lol.

May 2, 2018

-

Mar 16, 2018

I think it's a mix of structured and not. You won't get an interview through applying online, you need someone to push for you from networking. However, from there you will go through the phone screen/Superday process. I'm a sophomore at a non-target (for most banks however target for others)

Mar 16, 2018

networking is definitely important for firms like GS, MS, and EBs but I've actually found that JP and Citi have taken a bunch of people from my school how had 0 contacts there prior to their first round.. guess there's a bit of luck involved in everything

May 12, 2018

Can confirm for GS and MS esp in early process. Not sure about EBs tho - I know quite a few people who got first rounds with EVR/PJT/LAZ/Moelis with zero networking, so I think skills and experiences matter more for EBs.

May 16, 2018

Can also confirm early process MS is all networking. I think regular process apps open in July?

Mar 16, 2018

Hey can you confirm that this early process with GS has a phone interview? I know most of the regular process is hirevue->superday

is the regular process hirevue-> phone interview -> superday ? @DiscountedSmashFlow

Mar 16, 2018

I have no idea how the general process works for the early applicants, as my school has a separate team. I know the regular process (as I applied for 2018 as well) is hirevue->phone->superday

I don't know if the early process has hirevue, but I could only assume there would be a phone->super day combination

Mar 16, 2018

Okay thanks, sorry thought you knew/ were talking directly for GS.

I was just talking in regard to GS early process. I am surprised you did a phone for regular process. I have only heard hirevue -> Superday

Mar 17, 2018

When GS came to my school they said hirevue ---> phone ----> superday

Mar 17, 2018

for the early process @lost_canadian ? or for the regular process? or did not specify...

Mar 17, 2018

for the early process but I would assume for the regular as well

Mar 22, 2018

I know of several people who got into MS and GS internships without any networking. If you throw down your resume on a target school's career center, you've got a better chance than you'd think.

May 14, 2018

I actually just got an offer for summer 2019. Did 0 networking, at a non target just applied raw online. did 1 internship at a (blackrock/vanguard/pimco) and then a mm PE internship. It's very possible

May 14, 2018

Not many if any nontarget kids have an previous internship at a blackrock/vanguard/pimco...or a mm PE internship. Did you get those yourself or had connections?

Jun 13, 2018

No connections

May 14, 2018

Do you go to NEU by any chance? Mind if I PM you?

May 16, 2018

the firm you got an offer at is not GS/MS/EBs

May 17, 2018

Your point is? I had pending interviews I canceled with GS Guggengeim and a superday with JPM because I got an offer a year and a month in advance lmao. I still did no networking. It's very possible. Plus the firm not only has more deal flow than all those firms you listed in my location, but the comp is the exact same, if not better because it's a partnership.

May 17, 2018

Point is william blair is far from those firms. Another note is that most people here have New York offices in mind. The timeline isn't exactly the same at other locations. Unless you're diversity, that's also a different timeline.

May 17, 2018

All I'm saying is that it is not impossible. I got superdays at those firms too without networking and being a non target. Plus anybody in banking will tell you that Blair is not much easier to get into. I'm not trying to toot my own horn man, I know it sounds that way. I'm just trying to give people hope and let them know it's far from impossible you feel me? Also not saying an offer from blair is on par with Lazard or Morgan Stanley haha

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 16, 2018

Do you think its worth waiting a little bit longer to network even more before applying, or apply first and then network?
Its so early in the year, that some bankers are not used to pushing resumes so early nor are some of them aware of the new accelerated process.
I have no idea what to do...

Mar 16, 2018

Highly interested in the answer to this question.

Mar 16, 2018

As am I.

Mar 16, 2018

Ive spoken to a lot of analysts and associates and honestly it doesn't seem to matter. It matters when you get your resume pushed to HR but they won't care if you apply before or after networking. If you do apply before, I'd say network your ass off quickly after so that you get your resume pushed before they fill all the slots for that cycle.

Mar 16, 2018

I'd consider networking a supplement to your entire application. You are one of thousands of students applying for an internship position and you likely won't be pulled through the first few initial screening processes because of your network.

(I am generalizing a bit here, sure for some smaller shops this might not be the case, but with BB banks that receive over 250k applications per year, your quick chat with some associate isn't going to do shit to brute force your way past other students)

Networking likely has the greatest impact when you are in the Super round stage and your bank is trying to finalize their acceptance list. They will likely extend an offer to someone who has networked more aggressively / fits in with the teams if all else is equal between two or more candidates.

While I can't give a definitive answer on whats better or worse, I'd say its likely better to just get your application in ASAP.

Apr 24, 2018

I agree. I would also get Dastidar's capital markets book (other people have talked about this) to supplement info and plug holes. Quick useful read.

Mar 16, 2018

JP has also begun networking sessions / campus visits for 2019 SA recruiting.

• On a related yet slightly off topic note -

Its insane how SA recruiting is being pushed earlier and earlier. Good luck to you all and godspeed.

Mar 16, 2018

Is this only for US? Does anyone know whether European recruiting will start in July/August as usual?

Apr 21, 2018

same question. what cities are you interested in?

Mar 16, 2018

Is Goldman open? Couldnt find it on their website- it said July 1st is when applications open.

Mar 16, 2018

Yeah Goldman opened yesterday and it's open for this early round until April 15.

Mar 16, 2018

Do you have a link you could attach? I looked all over the page and still only found the one that opens July

Mar 16, 2018

Rothschild 2019 is open now

Mar 16, 2018

Does anyone have an any insight on the Goldman Sachs early action Application process? Like if we apply within that window, do we have to have all of our networking done with them already? Its only a month, which is fucking wild lmao. I wonder how quick HireVues will come out after applying.

Mar 16, 2018

Is this for diversity kids or can anyone apply for the early action process?

May 13, 2018

-

Mar 16, 2018

Is this a formal application process? I don't see it anywhere online.

May 13, 2018

-

Mar 18, 2018

@deshaw1"

Hey what was your "formal" email from recruiters announcing it? Was it a link to apply or just an announcement?

Also how did you get the formal email from a recruiter? Do you know a recruiter etc.../have done a program with the firm before?

Would you mind pmming or sharing info w/me regarding that email? Np if not

Mar 19, 2018

if you still need it i can forward u the info

Mar 19, 2018

yeah that would be awesome - do you mind PM'ing it to me? a pdf or snapshot of it

Mar 19, 2018

hey i think i've hit my daily PM limit so pm when you can and ill send it to you

Mar 19, 2018

thanks, let me know @yxxwww

Mar 19, 2018

yeah could you pm it as well to me?

Mar 19, 2018

pm me, im over my daily limit

Mar 19, 2018

im over my pm limit as well lol

Mar 19, 2018

Mar 17, 2018

is full time recruiting pushed up this year as well?

Mar 18, 2018

Doesn't seem like it, since FT recruiting is essentially dependent on how many SA get return offers. That being said, I believe there's a thread on here for 2019 FT recruiting that would be worthwhile to check out

Mar 18, 2018

I

Mar 17, 2018

The firms I listed have opened applications for US and I'm not sure if it includes international positions. I've been told you can put a line item for your upcoming internship on your resume and put like "incoming analyst" or whatever just don't put bullets.

Mar 18, 2018

I

Mar 17, 2018

Unfortunately, I have no idea about international placement. GS has another process (regular) that begins in July and runs through August.

Mar 17, 2018

When do all of these applications close? And would it be better to apply ASAP?

Also, do we have to apply now? As in this spring instead of this summer?

Mar 19, 2018

Goldman closes their early process on April 15th and then will reopen in the Summer. I'm not sure if other places are going to close and then re-open for the summer. If you're ready to apply, the earlier the better.

Mar 17, 2018

You can add PJT Partners to the list as well. App is up on their website.

Mar 18, 2018

How are people listing their summer 2018 internships on resume when applying early? I don't want to put "Incoming Summer Analyst" but with apps open so early I think it's necessary to put this summer's job?

Mar 19, 2018

this topic has been discussed a lot in many of these threads...

You DO put it on your resume. Put "incoming etc" on your resume for whatever you are doing for this summer.

Some firms SPECIFICALLY ask you to put what you are doing for your summer of 2018 on your resume before applying.

Mar 23, 2018

I'm studying abroad this summer - should I put that under education? I'm a freshman and my resume is looking a little dry and I don't know what to add.

Mar 23, 2018

yea man why not makes you look interesting - try to tailor it to making it sound it businessy/financey

Mar 19, 2018

Houlihan is also open now

Mar 19, 2018

where? online or ocr?

Mar 19, 2018

I do not see it online.

Mar 19, 2018

It's online currently

Mar 19, 2018

Can you link me? Do not see it on the 54 open positions. Maybe I am crazy.

Mar 19, 2018
May 13, 2018

-

Mar 19, 2018

I have heard it's gonna open in the next few weeks

Mar 19, 2018

Does anyone have any insight as to when MS will be opening up? Are they sticking to July or are they going to open earlier?

Mar 19, 2018

I heard May from an HR Rep.

Mar 19, 2018

At a target school, we were told June.

Mar 19, 2018
Mar 21, 2018

Interesting that in the link you provided MS encourages candidates to apply as early as possible. When GS was doing its rolling application, I remember them emphasizing to apply when you feel most comfortable. This just goes to show you that the spots will get filled up pretty quickly.

Mar 19, 2018

Anyone know when UBS apps will open up?

Apr 26, 2018

UBS apps are open

Mar 20, 2018

I am very new here and I am applying to literally everything Banking related not just IB. I am a sophomore from Florida State and I am an international student. I got into Bank of America Diversity event but that is it. Anyone know when Bank of America, Citi, Suntrust, and raymond james open?

Mar 20, 2018

I saw that Raymond James just posted something about a week ago for the 2018 Investment Banking Internship so I don't think 2019 apps will be open yet. I believe it's open to sophomores but I could be wrong.

Mar 23, 2018

Raymond James is recruiting. Their 2019 position just closed on OCR.

Mar 23, 2018

They haven't posted anything for non targets online as of yet, their "apply here" for the IB SA program is currently a dead link

Mar 21, 2018

SunTrust will be recruiting in the fall.