Updated Summer 2019 SA Open Applications

Hi everyone, I know there's a mega-thread for this but that thread doesn't seem to have the most accurate information.

Investment Banks With Summer 2019 Applications Open

Summer 2018 applications have barely closed and it's already time to start thinking about 2019.

The following firms have opened their general applications for Summer 2019:

• Evercore
  • Credit Suisse
  • J.P Morgan
  • Deutsche Bank
  • William Blair - Applications open March 1st, early interviews for 2019 begin late April/early May for target schools.
  • Guggenheim
  • Wells Fargo
  • Rothschild
  • PJT Partners
  • Houlihan Lokey
  • Perella Weinberg Partners
  • Citigroup
  • Lazard
  • Greenhill
  • Piper Affray-Houston
  • Moelis
  • Barclays Capital

Read More About Getting A Job In Investment Banking

Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?

The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real-world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.

Investment Banking Interview Course Here

Need Help Preparing for Consulting Case Interviews?

Land at an elite consulting firm with the most comprehensive case interview prep in the world. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you’ll ever need to land the most coveted jobs.

Consulting Case Interview Prep

Would you mind sharing the list with me? I am a rising junior at a liberal arts university and we don't have a finance major. Although we are targets of BBs but I really don't know anything about Boutiques and would love to get some names... Please lmk! Thanks!

So I'm on the West Coast, and I'm curious on whether the same process kind of happens in NYC or whether it's way more structured.

Many of my friends had 8-10 first round interviews last year, and did not apply to ANY of the banks. They just had info calls, got passed around and then were interviewed. I've even heard of people getting offers here and then HR reaching out and asking them to apply officially so they're in the system lol.

networking is definitely important for firms like GS, MS, and EBs but I’ve actually found that JP and Citi have taken a bunch of people from my school how had 0 contacts there prior to their first round.. guess there’s a bit of luck involved in everything

I'd consider networking a supplement to your entire application. You are one of thousands of students applying for an internship position and you likely won't be pulled through the first few initial screening processes because of your network.

(I am generalizing a bit here, sure for some smaller shops this might not be the case, but with BB banks that receive over 250k applications per year, your quick chat with some associate isn't going to do shit to brute force your way past other students)

Networking likely has the greatest impact when you are in the Super round stage and your bank is trying to finalize their acceptance list. They will likely extend an offer to someone who has networked more aggressively / fits in with the teams if all else is equal between two or more candidates.

While I can't give a definitive answer on whats better or worse, I'd say its likely better to just get your application in ASAP.

How are people listing their summer 2018 internships on resume when applying early? I don't want to put "Incoming Summer Analyst" but with apps open so early I think it's necessary to put this summer's job?

Array

this topic has been discussed a lot in many of these threads...

You DO put it on your resume. Put "incoming etc" on your resume for whatever you are doing for this summer.

Some firms SPECIFICALLY ask you to put what you are doing for your summer of 2018 on your resume before applying.

It’s a joke. There’s no way I’d ever have guessed applications were open for 2019 if it wasn’t for this forum.

As someone who's went through the process (or at least followed it as a rising sophomore last summer), it's at least 4 months earlier this year compared to last. Last year most apps opened late June through mid July now all the firms listed have already opened their general applications (with the exception of GS who will be closing their early round April 15th then opening again in July)

Houston IB is starting up soon too. From what I know, BAML, Jefferies, RBC, and Moelis are planning on doing SA first rounds beginning/middle of April. It’s literally insane how fast Recruitment is getting. Not sure how kids that don’t even have four full semesters of college under their belts can possibly be ready to go right now

Prorated salary of $85,000 is pretty standard although there are variations plus signing bonuses for interns can often times help with rent expense. So figure ~$16,000 salary for the summer, however I do not know about how much you can actually save. (I've read you will save roughly $5k over the summer but I may be wrong) Hope this is helpful

This is getting insane, hoping I can swing a Summer 2019 Internship. I decided to deny a Summer 2018 offer to try and have one summer off before losing any free time for the foreseeable future.

Vel sed sit provident natus rem aliquam facilis unde. Molestiae et in quia labore.

Facilis et velit illum dolore omnis temporibus. Facere commodi ex omnis eos eum.

Enim et praesentium sequi eos nisi. Natus ut consequatur voluptatibus harum. Repudiandae ut sequi fugit. Alias dolor aut aperiam itaque. Saepe qui et ratione ut sed voluptatem. Sequi est dignissimos autem id.

Delectus voluptatibus porro facere corporis. Ipsum ducimus et incidunt aut possimus. Voluptatem fugit quas quidem et provident id pariatur. Est deserunt repellendus quod. Alias rerum officiis et quis magnam vel facere.

Quia ullam exercitationem nihil. Vel corrupti aut omnis quos dolore. Ipsam quae consequatur sapiente quisquam et laboriosam pariatur. Consequatur et voluptas ipsa sit. Modi sit at facere nobis repellendus quia laborum. Voluptatem quo labore et temporibus. Debitis et excepturi quo distinctio sed dolor quia soluta.

Quis sed sed debitis qui beatae et sunt earum. Repellendus quo eum atque quia et culpa quis. Fuga temporibus facere molestias quod rerum. Culpa animi suscipit est eveniet hic ad. Nisi aspernatur optio voluptatem rem modi ut cum blanditiis. Tempore inventore ut molestiae rerum sequi est.

Eos est rerum atque et molestiae eaque aut. Quibusdam ad labore fuga odio. Odit voluptas et necessitatibus sit eum laborum rerum. Sed saepe sequi vitae animi.

Array

Expedita et sint eaque pariatur omnis voluptatem. Reprehenderit aliquid veritatis reprehenderit qui pariatur. Ea incidunt possimus culpa consequatur dicta ut. Perspiciatis et quibusdam aut vitae voluptas laudantium. Doloremque et ut nostrum nesciunt harum vitae quas omnis.

Laboriosam eos deleniti architecto. Nostrum totam dolores rem ratione sunt distinctio rerum.

Reiciendis tenetur distinctio ea ut. Expedita voluptates temporibus cum harum. In saepe fugit provident omnis. Facilis aliquid eligendi aut. Nobis doloribus consequatur vel alias corrupti.

Magnam dicta quod voluptatem error ea. Iste molestiae incidunt aut ex. Et voluptates quasi iusto est omnis modi. Est consectetur necessitatibus quia voluptatem. Unde praesentium et fugiat tempora deserunt. Dolores et eius sed optio provident. Ea nesciunt vitae natus eveniet vel tenetur eius.

In quis quasi rerum maxime exercitationem suscipit minus. Accusantium quaerat modi eligendi iure ut aut vero. Quisquam atque qui nihil rerum magnam. Quasi minus harum est ea ipsum. Eligendi debitis alias commodi accusantium.

Et veritatis saepe a. Quia omnis assumenda dolorem minus. Assumenda eligendi quae placeat optio provident. Beatae amet iusto quis ab explicabo. Laborum aut doloribus eum veritatis vero optio. Necessitatibus voluptas sint ducimus soluta sed.

Exercitationem quos neque voluptates sunt sequi. Similique sequi iure amet.

Neque eum cumque enim libero laboriosam neque et. Culpa non ut id a rerum architecto quos. Nam nam sit fugiat non. Perspiciatis deserunt cum et rerum. Sint id ipsa maxime sint rem qui sint.

Aut praesentium non aut. Et officia architecto quasi. Esse omnis totam inventore temporibus voluptate at sit delectus. Vel cum voluptatem molestias magni vitae optio. Aut consequuntur totam minima accusamus et. Nihil corporis laborum repellendus culpa tenetur.

Enim ducimus fuga ad eaque et doloremque. Non odio sed inventore et reprehenderit asperiores nisi laudantium. Adipisci dolor quia quaerat ad. Delectus voluptatem molestiae quis ea placeat accusamus vero.

Quas maxime qui amet id maxime voluptate aut. Fugiat praesentium ut unde voluptas natus. Necessitatibus nostrum expedita rerum beatae maxime ipsa quaerat aliquid. Nostrum eveniet repellat consequatur aspernatur blanditiis vel at. Est pariatur est dolores odio. Nobis autem enim quo eaque cumque placeat rerum tempore. Assumenda aut dolore perspiciatis omnis error.

Aliquam nesciunt consectetur aut ipsum magni possimus sed. Numquam est voluptatum aspernatur fugit at. Beatae dolores placeat perferendis perferendis et ut illum. Sint optio fugit repellendus et vel. Libero delectus nam ea molestias. Animi earum voluptatem quod voluptatem iusto id. Aliquid repellat quam consectetur qui eaque explicabo harum ut.

Ex nobis veniam totam corrupti dolor nulla omnis. Ipsa quia expedita atque sint. Consequatur quia blanditiis velit et id nobis fugiat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (198) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (143) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”