I started reading (and comparing) Laura Schreffler's biweekly column "What's on On My Desk ?";
Here is latest entry, featuring the desk of Christiane Kaalund, a partner with HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates (http://www.hauteliving.com/2013/05/whats-on-my-des...):
2. A rendering in progress - ready to be marked up
3. Research material in form of a magazine
4. A color/material scheme as inspiration
6. Tea and fruit
April entry: Johnathan Zrihen, the President & CEO of Clarins Groupe North America (http://www.hauteliving.com/2013/04/whats-on-my-des...):
1. Photographs of wife/children.
2. A glass paperweight with a tennis player etched into it.
3. Clarins newest, most innovative, and award-winning Serum.
5. Clarins recyclable water bottle.
What is on your desk ?