We will meet again in 2016

Post in this thread and I will bump it on 1/1/2016 in time for the WSO 10 year anniversary.

Will you still be on these forums? Will you be finally working in finance? Will you finally be done with finance? Will you realize some of your life goals? Will the world end in 4 months making this thread moot? Will Game of Thrones still be the best show on TV? Will a second term Obama force you to leave the country? We will find out 4 years down the road.

As for me hopefully by 2016 I'm still around to bump this thread.

First!

I'll be showering every morning in buy-side fairy dust and have my chirstmas stocking stuffed with Linkedin (long-ish) stalked emails from little college monkeys begging for internships. My facebook page will be featured on "best of the 2000s" MTV show. Zuckerberg will be wondering how Jesse Eisenberg has more money than him. He'll be the first one Bill Gates lets out of the giving pledge and force him to sign the earning pledge for his creditors.

Till then...

bearing:
Post in this thread and I will bump it on 1/1/2016 in time for the WSO 10 year anniversary.

Will you still be on these forums? Will you be finally working in finance? Will you finally be done with finance? Will you realize some of your life goals? Will the world end in 4 months making this thread moot? Will Game of Thrones still be the best show on TV? Will a second term Obama force you to leave the country? We will find out 4 years down the road.

As for me hopefully by 2016 I'm still around to bump this thread.

Here's hoping that in 2016 my job title starts with a "C" and I'm still richer than my lawyers.

Here's to hoping that I haven't gone off the deep end yet. Oh, and that I'm kicking ass and taking names in b-school.

Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

Here's to hopping I'm applying to Top B-Schools after dominating a rotational somewhere.

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

shorttheworld:
I'm off to Brazil to work on a start up so we shall see what route I take between here and there
What happened to Fuqua, stw?
I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

APAE:
shorttheworld:
I'm off to Brazil to work on a start up so we shall see what route I take between here and there
What happened to Fuqua, stw?
he was like "Fuq this, I'm going to Brazil"

[quote=shorttheworld]got offer to live in beautiful land of beautiful women, no kids no wife no gf never lived outside the country. jumped it.

plus 'international entreprenerial experience' has a certain b school adcom

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

[quote=shorttheworld]got offer to live in beautiful land of beautiful women, no kids no wife no gf never lived outside the country. jumped it.

plus 'international entreprenerial experience' has a certain b school adcom

Will you still be on these forums? - Yes

Will you be finally working in finance? - Hopefully done with a 3 year stint with a GSE, onward to MA or Ph.D in Statistics with focus in Probaility

Will you finally be done with finance? - Possibly!

Will you realize some of your life goals? - Yes, illiniprogramer lvl of thriftiness and bank acct(high yield)

Will the world end in 4 months making this thread moot? - No, haven't you ever seen the Documenta Ancient Aliens, it's just Poseidon using his trident to clean the beaches

Will Game of Thrones still be the best show on TV? - No, because hopefully the director of Spartacus will make a new series of something preferabley of Achilies.

Will a second term Obama force you to leave the country? No, would like to study at LSE though

Will Patrick still own this website? - No.

Will Wallstreet have gone though another crisis - Yes

huanleshalemei:
2016... there will be radical changes, and I will probably network/entertain plp all the time and no question I have can be answered here.
Overconfidence is hazardous to your career.

SirTradesaLot:
huanleshalemei:
2016... there will be radical changes, and I will probably network/entertain plp all the time and no question I have can be answered here.
Overconfidence is hazardous to your career.

Overconfidence? Quite the opposite... I will be on Mars/Moon/Mercury, anybody on earth can tell me where I can find water?

That's my 2016.

The Auto Show

By 2016 I'd like to have received a promotion or two in my current job and look to start grad school. More importantly, I'd like myself, family, and friends to still have happy and fulfilling lives.

“Yes, money has been a little tight lately. But, at the end of my life, when I’m sitting on my yacht, am I gonna be thinking about how much money I have? No. I’m going to be thinking about how many friends I have, and my children, and my comedy albums. I mean, I have a yacht, so I obviously did pretty well money-wise.” - Michael Scott

Interested in the healthcare industry? Join our group! http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/group/healthcare

By 2016 I want enough passive income to survive on my standard "bare minimum" (inflation adjusted 15k/year post tax). If I'm still sitting in a cube, upon reading this I have to quit my job.

Still not sure if I want to spend the next 30+ years grinding away in corporate finance and the WSO dream chase or look to have enough passive income to live simply and work minimally.

2016? Bro, the world ends in December.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

So if this world doesn't end this december, what's the ratio like between the people who celebrate and the people who cry?

--Money can't buy happiness. it can only buy orgasms. --Who the hell says I want happiness? Orgasms all I need.

Ron Paul:
SouthernHopeful:
Here's to being halfway through my 2 year IB stint and starting to interview for PE!
it's gonna be a megafund right? otherwise you'll never bang megabishes
Are you accusing him of being a chubby-chaser?

Dolorem quia sunt illo iste. Dolor officia placeat rerum sed id. Porro id adipisci ad accusamus. Saepe saepe architecto inventore est expedita similique qui.

Consectetur numquam sed excepturi debitis provident quia labore. Molestias corrupti recusandae autem asperiores. Eos quos enim et et maxime quasi. Aut est ipsam aut perspiciatis nam aut modi.

Qui ut nobis autem veritatis temporibus neque. Temporibus exercitationem aperiam velit accusamus eos tempore ut repudiandae. Voluptatibus ratione et dolor.

Enim vel odit earum animi nemo dolorum dolorem dicta. Nisi minus consequatur tenetur beatae fugiat corporis. Et recusandae modi quia libero. Aut quidem ex consectetur consequatur consequatur optio accusamus.

Ipsum nemo sint iste atque. Quo perferendis voluptate voluptas qui error et. Beatae quod et ad aut corrupti. Provident numquam sed provident voluptas deleniti beatae aut ullam. Consequuntur est consequatur reprehenderit illum quia corporis.

Magni porro illo quam voluptas aut. Architecto voluptatum aut et tempore non nulla. Ut voluptatem molestiae repellendus et.

Aut quisquam commodi iure voluptas deserunt. Et qui et est molestias. Soluta ipsa magni unde voluptatibus praesentium est vel quo. Et rerum dolor architecto necessitatibus repudiandae numquam.

Esse quos et ea ut ea nesciunt aut. Repudiandae saepe et quasi voluptatum quo. Et voluptatum est in quidem consequatur. Esse dolor nihil ad iure esse. Saepe facere nam et aut est est illum.

In optio velit eligendi ducimus sit provident voluptas sed. Sint optio tempore eligendi beatae. Earum qui deserunt reprehenderit consequatur in aspernatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”