Point72 Experienced Academy 2021/2022

Starting a thread for the process starting in Fall of 2021.

Has anyone heard back after filling out the application? (Question asked on 9/4/21). 

Comments (148)

Sep 5, 2021 - 9:20am
ghurkin1, what's your opinion? Comment below:
Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge

Starting a thread for the process starting in Fall of 2021.

Has anyone heard back after filling out the application? (Question asked on 9/4/21). 

2022 Point72 Academy Experienced Program - Worldwide position?
I finished the questionnaire a few days ago.

• Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge
Sep 5, 2021 - 1:29pm

Yes I got that one too. DO you know what other steps would entail?

Sep 5, 2021 - 3:22pm
ghurkin1, what's your opinion? Comment below:

No clear idea, I researched it today and the interview process seems to be different from SA's.

However, case-study seems to be a possibility.

Sep 17, 2021 - 11:34am
HF.123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Did you get the questionnaire after sending the application? I just got the standard thank you email.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 6, 2021 - 6:39am

I'm applying to the recent grad position in London. Do you guys know if the questionnaire is selective, and how long it takes to hear back after submitting it?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 8, 2021 - 6:38pm

I assume it is at least a bit selective since the email says they've reviewed your profile and receiving the questionnaire is not automatic, although I guess it's more about checking some boxes because there's no instance of someone on WSO who didn't receive it despite applying. We'll see how long it takes to hear back.

• Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge
Sep 15, 2021 - 11:27pm

Have NOT heard anything yet. When did you get the case study?

Oct 24, 2021 - 3:02pm
supremecommanderchimp, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How long did they give you to complete and did they give you a specific company or did you choose your own? About to go through the same test and would love to connect in the DMs. 

Sep 17, 2021 - 6:06am
SilverB, what's your opinion? Comment below:

The questions on questionnaire are all the same for everyone or different? 

Most Helpful
Sep 30, 2021 - 8:51am
Thedamnswan, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just submitted my case last night. Not too bad. For those that didn't listen in on the info call the other week the process seems to be: Application -> Questionnaire -> Case -> Case Debrief -> General Interview(s) (Super Day-esq) -> Offer (starting Feb 2022)

Good luck everybody! 

Oct 9, 2021 - 11:21am
RCHCapital, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Wonder if you've heard back yet? Or does anyone here know how long it took for them to reject or proceed you to next stage? Cheers.

• Research Analyst in ER
Oct 7, 2021 - 2:37pm

No response yet. From what I've read, if you are successful with the case, there will be a screening interview with HR, then case debrief, then super day. 

Oct 8, 2021 - 12:46pm
mertdeveci, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just got rejected after sending the case. Anyone heard back after submitting the case model and write up?

• Research Analyst in ER
Oct 8, 2021 - 12:53pm

I was also rejected. I'm pretty surprised there at least wasn't another round following that, seems like a lot of work without any discussion, doesn't make a lot of sense. Oh well. 

Oct 8, 2021 - 12:55pm
mertdeveci, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Agreed. Spent a week day and night on the model and the report and did not even get the chance to defend the opinion or got any feedback. Does not make sense. 

Oct 15, 2021 - 10:29am
Systematic Guru, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Still waiting. I think it's not bad and maybe between the end of the day and monday (included) i will receive the famous invitation for the case study.

Oct 12, 2021 - 6:34pm
IBDfromPharm, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any London applicants waiting to hear back from case study?

Oct 15, 2021 - 4:01pm
petefriggles, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yes, same boat here.

Submitted 7 days ago, hanging in the limbo rn.

Worked 30 hours non-stop on the case, as I am currently at another fund working fulltime / 80hrs+ a week.

Oct 15, 2021 - 5:50pm

Let's hope for the best, I submitted it 7 days ago as well! However, I did find the case extremely difficult as I come from a non-finance background, so not feeling confident at all. However the case they sent me did explicitly say NON-FINANCE lol

Oct 15, 2021 - 2:13pm
kraken765, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Passed case study. Passed recruiter round. Dinged after case debrief.

Disappointed, but glad timing works out for me to be able to accept a PE offer that pays more / is less cut-throat.

Oct 15, 2021 - 2:46pm

Sorry to hear that. Would you be able to elaborate on what the case study debrief was like? Was it an understanding/challenge of how we came up with our assumptions?

Oct 17, 2021 - 9:10am
FromAPracticalStandpoint, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Also passed case study, but dinged after recruiter interview.

I heard there's 16,000 applicants, so not surprising just based on numbers

Oct 26, 2021 - 2:55pm
smovic, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any advice for the recruiter and case debrief rounds? I got my recruiter interview tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Oct 16, 2021 - 12:57pm
nbdovuxfjvjgqpvssn, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My process was approximately:

Submit questionnaire > (~1wk) > Received case study with 1wk deadline > Submit case study > (~2wks) > Invite round 1 HR behavioural > Round 1 > (~Couple days) > Invite round 2 case debrief/discussion > Round 2 > (~Couple days) > Rejection.

From my research round 2 is probably followed by a final round. A Superday.

Good luck everyone!

Oct 25, 2021 - 8:35am
distressedlawyer, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Well I can tell you they certainly don't want 40 year old lawyers who want to retool to the investment side. Nobody really does though so I can't blame them.

Oct 26, 2021 - 9:17am
distressedlawyer, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Sure... So I've worked in leveraged finance and distressed credit for 14 years, have worked for two top-10 law firms, and I've also studied fundamental credit analysis and have some financial modeling skills. But you're telling me that they didn't consider my age? I really don't believe that.

Oct 27, 2021 - 10:46pm
AT8, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hey guys, do you have any tips for building the model for the case study? Having a hard time doing it. 

Nov 9, 2021 - 4:00pm
toothdoc, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Did anyone apply for the healthcare investment academy? I think I just filled out the questionnaire for it yesterday, but all it said on the email was "investment analyst academy" with no mention of healthcare.

Nov 22, 2021 - 10:27pm

Consequatur ut exercitationem odio et temporibus fugit. Quasi blanditiis corporis eum et. Debitis aut est et voluptatem provident. Laboriosam qui dolores sit consequatur.

Sed dolores molestias unde quia accusantium error recusandae. Animi delectus qui nesciunt et sed dolorem. Quas incidunt deleniti voluptatum qui dolores. Accusamus ipsum rerum aut reiciendis.

Mollitia vitae ad laudantium ea illo. Eum et fugiat repellendus. Et aut dicta blanditiis facere quia.

Nov 23, 2021 - 5:39am
doctormba, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quod ducimus voluptatem laboriosam. Sit suscipit rerum vel animi quo. Qui quod id doloremque culpa officia. Temporibus et dolores impedit facilis molestiae sunt aut eos. Nulla ut nostrum nostrum non incidunt et excepturi. Explicabo reprehenderit ullam quibusdam.

Sequi architecto aliquid provident laudantium praesentium aperiam id. Distinctio aliquid ut perferendis natus. Qui aut eum sit.

Ex qui incidunt excepturi et voluptate. Quos rem soluta neque. Et officia laboriosam similique ea unde et. Hic voluptate quia necessitatibus quibusdam est voluptatibus. Omnis qui sapiente porro. Est sed dolor commodi temporibus.

Nov 23, 2021 - 5:58am

Repudiandae voluptate veritatis earum hic quia accusamus. Ut id voluptas quibusdam odit. Aliquam ea aut aut sapiente aut laboriosam. Qui atque maxime cum inventore. Ipsam esse dolores consequuntur nobis. Quisquam quia consectetur ut quae perferendis. Est quos alias magni fugiat voluptatem.

Sit et omnis et. Id libero occaecati earum in et ex. Libero eum sint consectetur minima provident. Qui asperiores iure qui placeat iste.

Quia eius illum ut placeat doloremque molestias commodi. Modi non doloremque ut. Eligendi id in numquam quae est. Ex iste vel tempora omnis quae vel qui incidunt. Quia quo ut quis iure facilis. Alias voluptate dolores laudantium saepe perferendis. Dolores sed ipsam aspernatur laboriosam omnis. Tempora et et quis.

Quas minus consequuntur sint. Explicabo ullam quod at quod rerum. Eum maxime aperiam possimus excepturi molestiae cumque. In dignissimos ut ab occaecati. Eius ut aut quia eligendi.

Nov 23, 2021 - 8:17am
doctormba, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Reprehenderit sunt odit sint dolorem velit alias. Harum et perspiciatis quo sunt exercitationem voluptatem. Vel esse est magnam ut repudiandae. Quas fugiat aliquam et vitae ut sed laudantium.

Sed aut voluptatem incidunt officia modi. Totam veniam nulla dolorum quasi dolor doloremque. Est vero sit optio reiciendis voluptas assumenda pariatur.

Dignissimos autem et dicta explicabo. Quibusdam quis et exercitationem quaerat pariatur iusto. Et omnis iure quidem eos minima dolorum.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Holocene / Woodline / Candle
+38HFby Analyst 2 in HF - EquityHedge
IB -> Macro HF
+34HFby amsal
Multistrategy / distressed credit compensation
+28HFby Associate 2 in PE - Other
Starting a HF
+20HFby hedge-mofty
Transitioning to activist HF from SM HF
+18HFby Investment Analyst in HF - Event