Applied to SF office 03.22.23. Received and submitted questionnaire 04.03.23 (questionnaire was due 04.09.23). They said that I'd hear back within 10 business days after submitting. No updates yet. 

they're all the same; top vanilla MM HFs. The academy is just something you do for under a year to learn the trade before becoming an analyst

Most Helpful

Some comments in previous topics probably got removed because there were people doing things they shouldn't.
If you got to a case study don't despair, you might have better odds than you think.
Just looked and I didn't know they ask for your transcripts too, must be rough for some older candidates.
My advice is to understand the expectations of a good case study response.
Take a look at presentations for well known valuation or investment competitions to get an idea of what you're expected to do.

The estimated base pay is $72,039 per year. The estimated additional pay is $19,333 per year. Additional pay could include bonus, stock, commission, profit sharing 

Hello guys,

Submitted application 2 weeks ago, i received the questionnaire a few days later and now i am waiting.

In case i make it to the case study, i am like our friend here who had no skills in valuation/modeling. Would like to know where can i learn how to perform the valuation or any tips if some of you made it through the entire application process.

Thx all!

Idk I have a feeling this was a way for them to get some free models. So many people got the model invite and how am I supposed quit my job and start with them June 1?

I applied in the same cycle and was dinged off the questionnaire two days ago, but from I’ve seen in past threads (from a year or two ago) are a case debrief round, then superday, then offer. 

How did you go about answering what you would do to make money without college and how you got interested in L/S? Obviously don’t want to dox you but general framework would be helpful

If BD reaches out you won’t get an academy seat. It’d be on a pod pretty sure.

Sorry what is BD? But for IB analysts (after your 2-3) you wouldn’t participate in the academy you go straight into a pod? Got contacted by a recruiter and interested 

urban:

Just submitted my case, wondering if anyone knows how long turnaround is if you do make it to the next round?

Same here. Have you heard back yet?

If anyone could provide any color on how long it typically takes to hear back post case submission, would be super helpful

Did anyone have to do a modeling test and Wonderlic assessment?

I applied for the academy, got the questionnaire and then was dinged about 3 weeks ago… earlier this week I got an invite for Wonderlic assessment and modeling test, which seems to be the first step for L/S… Very confused now. Maybe  i forgot I applied to additional positions but I don’t have any email confirmations for any position other than the academy

Whole things not well done imo.

I applied —> filled out the questionnaire—> got dinged —> reached out to HR about why I got dinged —> they said it was a “mistake” and gave me the case study —> spent like 50 hours on it —> got dinged

Not saying my case study quality is a function of time put into it or that it was better than others, but seems like a crap shoot. Gl

I think the recruitment process is ongoing. I applied a week ago, got the questionnaire a couple of days ago and just submitted yesterday.

In fugiat tempora et est. Est inventore enim doloribus quo fuga possimus sed eius.

Voluptatibus dicta aut qui est quia sapiente occaecati voluptatem. Incidunt neque et quaerat optio rem. Quia molestiae odio culpa. Voluptates ipsum rem reiciendis rerum. Hic rerum placeat veritatis ut sequi ut dolor. Tempora deserunt qui natus eum. Nobis officia consequuntur enim nemo exercitationem.

Eum quod consectetur distinctio maxime quia nihil. Commodi molestiae harum voluptatem odit exercitationem repellendus.

Molestias recusandae quas aut in recusandae quis sit. Ad praesentium molestiae inventore explicabo officiis voluptas id. Natus et nam fugiat velit rerum amet sit tenetur.

Laborum cumque alias consequuntur ipsum dolor sint. Doloribus velit est omnis rerum repellendus est. Voluptatibus aperiam praesentium repellendus. Quas eos qui aut error similique placeat exercitationem.

Dolor enim quo blanditiis adipisci. Enim consequatur porro ut assumenda quisquam. In consequatur ex atque eligendi labore.

Eaque sed ut qui ab fuga ratione. Aut esse maiores vel aut aut veniam. Neque omnis deleniti et sapiente quod veritatis veniam. Sit quas incidunt nemo qui. Illum minus ut placeat voluptatem dolor quam dolor.

Aut minima pariatur ipsam quam eaque dolorum dolor. Odio porro sed commodi qui ipsam reiciendis vel vitae. Culpa inventore facere rerum repellat quidem ipsum quisquam. Autem animi officia maxime ipsam dolores suscipit. Sunt et non magni voluptatibus. Qui minima quis nisi et velit accusantium. Libero est laboriosam voluptatem qui dolorum consequuntur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”