Greenhill 2021 SA
Had a first round Greenhill RX interview today? Did anyone else have an interview with them???????????
Had a first round Greenhill RX interview today? Did anyone else have an interview with them???????????
| +86 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 28 | 17h |
| +50 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 9 | 19h |
| +44 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 16 | 15h |
| +39 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 24 | 1h |
| +37 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 1d |
| +33 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 12 | 1h |
| +31 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 4 | 3h |
| +22 | UBS’s Investment Bank Is Building an AI Slop Factory | 2 | 21h |
| +21 | How early is to early? | 9 | 2d |
| +20 | MS NYC Generalist Program Group Rankings & Placement Process | 11 | 1d |
Career Resources
Do you go to an ivy?
yes, why?
Does greenhill have good exit opportunities/is considered an EB. genuinely curious
Not anymore, just take a look at their stock chart the past 5 years. Most would accept an offer from Tobin & Co over GHL in this current environment.
When I read a comment like this I think of a clueless college kid who has based their entire understanding of IB off of what they read on WSO
A quick linkedin search will yield better results than listening to random college kids posting on this site. Apparently, the most recent classes of M&A analysts have exitted to top funds like Silver Lake, Thoma Bravo, L Catterton, CD&R, and etc. RX exits include Cerberus, Centerbridge, and Angelo Gordon.
The other comment is clearly a troll. But no, GHL hasn't had a great run over the last few years. Wouldn't really consider it an EB right now but it still provides a very high quality analyst experience with great comp. Exits are only strong because the size of their class being so small.
I talked to HR yesterday. She said interviews will be rolling out shortly. Anyone receive anything for M&A?
M&a interview this week. Any idea what to expect?
TECHNICAL
what city?
Just got my invite for the M&A 1st round, can you give any more specific insight on what you were asked technicals-wise so I can prepare, assuming you were interviewing for M&A?
Thanks!
When did you hear from them?
2 days ago
Any super day invites yet?
they said they would take like a week to get back on the phone
are you diversity?
nah
what were the questions like and just also how did you prepare?
was it all hard core RX or... Thanks and good luck man/girl!
Had my super already! It is pretty technical, and I would recommend knowing WSO restructuring as a bare minimum, and then understand the Houlihan case.
Thanks! Do you Remember any type of question?
I have a first round for this cycle, do you remember the questions or do you mind if I PM?
Hi! I'm having my 2nd rounds for sa2022 this Monday and I'm pretty nervous... Can you perhaps PM me the questions they asked if you don't mind :')
Had my first round last week with M&A CHI. Non-target and should hear back this upcoming week regarding next round. All technical questions, but nothing too crazy if you've studied the guides.
Can I plz know when you applied?
so did rx first rounds go out?
Anyone knows the status of the SF office with regards to recruiting?
Apparently they're only taking 1 analyst this year
I was told it was more. Have they released super days yet?
Has anyone heard about 2nd round or superday with the SF office?
SF superdays aren't out yet from what I understand. I'd appreciate an update if anyone hears otherwise.
Does this mean they aren’t doing 2nd rounds? Or have those already happened?
is there a second round or is it straight to superday from first round?
.
When was your first round?
Any updates on NYC?
Have first rounds started yet?
I have a first round tomorrow
Dang, I got recommended to the head of recruiting in NY and didn't hear anything. Do you think they're still sending out first M&A rounds, or am I SOL?
I have a first round for RX next week. How did you prepare?
there is no guide for rx- good luck
Canadian?
NY Office
received offer already, if that helps with the timeline for anyone
for which office?
I’d like to be kept up to date too. Waiting to hear back from an interview.
Anyone with first round interviews for NYC M&A this past week hear back about a superday?
haven’t heard back. when was your first round?
Mine was last Friday. Wbu?
bump
I haven't heard back either, interviewed with them last Wednesday and hopefully will hear back sometime this week
NY M&A first round last week and still haven’t heard anything. Was under the impression we would hear back in a week or so
Target?
Nope. Non-target
when did u apply? and did u network heavily?
Applied probably 4 weeks ago. Did not network very heavily and was somewhat surprised to get a first round
Non-target, non-diversity, networked heavily and got an offer for NYC but signed elsewhere so good luck to all those in the process.
P.S. know your why greenhill inside and out
when was your super?
where did you end up signing out of curiosity
Citi
Anyone has an update on Chicago?
Any updates for SF?
Updates on NYC?
Nope, did you hear back for super? Had first round last week.
No-haven't heard back yet either about super
anyone super for SF?
Have they even selected supers yet? I haven't heard back from over a week ago.
Bump. Anyone know if SF has continued their process?
How long did it usually take to hear back from first round? I had mine on Tuesday
Anyone super for NY today?
Yes. Had super for NYC m&a today
Anyone receive an invite to NY super today?
Bump. Anyone hear back?
had mine the other day
If you didn't get a first round for NYC, I assume your done for?
I just heard back today
Shit. Maybe there is another wave lol.
with an offer or for a next round of interview? Also I assume for NYC M&A?
Anyone heard back from Greenhill Chicago? Had a first round a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.
Any more first rounds for NY RX?
Anyone heard back from first rounds yet from last week?
.
Yo Greenhill is fucking dookie, everyone I've spoken with does NOT like their experience and would have done it differently if they could - keep in mind.
One of the best cultures/low facetime on street and comp on par with their competitors sans Centerview.
It's what I've heard, honestly salary doesn't mean much to me especially coming in because I just don't really care about a ~$10k discrepancy over my worklife and dealflow. Experiential data only goes so far, but of the 4 people I've spoken to, I decided to not apply.
Has anyone had an SF super?
Has anyone had greenhill super for M&A yet? if so any tips?
Does anyone who did a superday for M&A know when we are supposed to hear back?
When are M&A NY decisions supposed to come out?
Heard back today !!
Congrats! When did you have your superday out of curiosity?
Is the SF office only taking 1 summer analyst?
1-2
think they're done?
Anyone did a first round for NY M&A last Friday?
Is NYC M&A done? I applied today
Anybody know if RX super days are finished (for New York)?
Hi I got a first round this week, SF office. Would love to get help from the people who did interviews with the SF office. Thanks!
I thought they were done?
Sint aut et ipsa rerum dolores. Rerum placeat at sit fugiat harum ipsum. Voluptatibus tempora nihil quia ad rerum magnam sit. Quia omnis aut aut corrupti cumque laboriosam.
Assumenda qui sed qui non odio fuga quibusdam id. Ut non quae et labore consequatur dolore veniam. Omnis iusto ad aliquam id voluptas id.
Ea eveniet molestias doloremque qui non dolor quis. Autem placeat sunt fuga eligendi necessitatibus qui maxime. Doloremque laudantium non autem ut consequatur velit. Dolor accusamus est nostrum culpa illo numquam. Eius sed qui magnam est quaerat sapiente necessitatibus.
Accusantium numquam alias recusandae ipsam exercitationem voluptas est. Quaerat accusantium debitis quidem itaque a similique. Sit ratione cumque corrupti asperiores doloribus quaerat distinctio. Nostrum doloribus quidem ut tenetur fugit aperiam consectetur.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Accusamus rem fugit iste possimus. Alias vel qui cum iusto. Perferendis eos consequatur sit est. Perspiciatis delectus consequuntur est. Molestias aut et molestiae modi voluptatem aut.
Sunt esse esse necessitatibus repellat dolores. Accusamus voluptatem voluptatem recusandae quasi quis vel. Et exercitationem quis vero reprehenderit.
Aspernatur rerum sapiente accusamus dolores suscipit. Quo pariatur molestiae repudiandae qui expedita dolorem pariatur architecto. Pariatur et ea vel et. Tempore maxime nam officiis architecto velit harum.
Quia culpa rerum porro sed autem reprehenderit. Eos nulla perspiciatis nostrum cupiditate neque eum omnis. Voluptate quae quaerat delectus labore.
Asperiores rem earum quia ea molestiae ea voluptate. Natus et quia libero. Alias quasi occaecati mollitia cum necessitatibus molestiae ab. Quaerat et sit et asperiores impedit. Atque consequatur rerum dignissimos autem alias quo. Molestiae qui aut aliquid ab accusamus.
Debitis cum iure quia aut quia. Quis quos eius repudiandae facere neque modi. Maiores ut unde saepe sunt magnam qui impedit. Modi laboriosam quas debitis officiis fugit omnis. Eveniet officiis saepe non sit.
Repudiandae placeat quaerat nobis exercitationem tempore necessitatibus ut. Veritatis maxime temporibus voluptatem dolor aut repellat alias. Et qui quae necessitatibus est. Ut est at alias a tempore. Nemo dicta et eaque blanditiis nihil.
Quam possimus libero natus. Nisi nihil explicabo qui veritatis. Voluptatum facilis molestias corrupti in veritatis dolor ut eveniet. Et voluptatum vitae sint dolores.
Ipsam provident velit dolorem culpa sit. Et modi vel officia dolor et harum omnis. Quidem doloribus accusantium omnis omnis laudantium. Adipisci possimus in voluptatem harum ullam rem.
Architecto vero accusantium ut modi nobis. Molestias animi alias blanditiis nesciunt fuga rem. Expedita aut laudantium nam sequi aut doloribus.
Architecto voluptatibus sint eos unde possimus. Quas quis deleniti tenetur dolores aut quos. Ratione ut provident alias sed.