IB SA Recruiting is a Joke Now
- Semi-Target (very strong with finance--OCR by almost all the BBs)
- Corporate Banking Internship for 2022 at a bulge bracket
- Student investment fund extracurricular ($10mm+)
- IB Externship last semester
- Networked a ton
- Resume format is WSO format
No first, , , , and more, and they've wrapped up with first rounds. I did get two superdays, both due to alumni connections. No offer.
The point is, never tell me this is based on merit. IB recruiting is all about rolling the dice and getting lucky. I have no respect now for any recruiters, any bank, any banker, or any alum at my school now because if they won't (not can't--won't even though they can) help me get a first round then what's the point?
But, what do I do now? The door is closing for IB.