Jefferies SF/Houston FT 2024
Anyone part of these processes? Difficult to network no alumni have gotten back to me
Anyone part of these processes? Difficult to network no alumni have gotten back to me
| +89 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 53 | 2h |
| +87 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 19 | 18h |
| +78 | You should probably leave IB | 26 | 1d |
| +45 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 10 | 1d |
| +43 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 4d |
| +41 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 30 | 22h |
| +25 | Banking (Un)fortunately Still Needs You: My Case for Bankers in the AI Era | 3 | 1d |
| +24 | How much should you ask questions / seek feedback as an intern? | 9 | 4h |
| +24 | UBS IB #24 in US M&A in 2026 | 10 | 1h |
| +23 | Lateraling as Analyst | 21 | 1h |
Career Resources
Based on previous WSO threads, here are some insights and advice for networking when alumni are not responsive:
Persistence and Follow-ups:
Broaden Your Network:
Utilize Common Connections:
Cold Calling and Emailing:
Leverage Online Platforms:
Tailor Your Approach:
Seek Help from Career Services:
Stay Positive and Adapt:
If you need more specific advice or have further questions, feel free to ask!
Sources: Alumni just don't care, Cornell vs Michigan vs Dartmouth school choices, I need help networking as a Canadian student with non-alumni in the US, A Letter To All Top 10 University Kids Complaining About Recruiting, Cold Call Email Mistake Made - Sharing Response (Advice) Received
same.
Contact informed interviews are out for SF
Interview or superday? Havent heard back for a first round yet. Any idea on the timeline?
First rounds
Had a first round on monday? How did everyone else find it?
are they actually recruiting this late? is this oil and gas?
My interview was with SF tech team earlier this week. Haven't heard back though but yes both teams are hiring.
I had a disappointing conversation with a VP from Jefferies SF two months ago. They spent two hours boasting about their firm and mentioned they were hiring but never followed up. I wish they had been upfront if they didn't think I was a good fit.
At this point, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or how I can improve. It's frustrating to feel like I'm not making progress in my job search. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. Congrats to those who have successfully landed a role at Jefferies SF or any other firm, its not easy and i dont know how you guys do it
Yes, oil and gas Houston. absolute sweatshop but given the deals they have done you will probably get some good experience, still nuts that they are recruiting in June the market must be on fire
Hi Yall, I did my first round with Jeff Tech SF last Thurs, anyone in the same boat or heard back from them regarding R2 or SD? Thanks
These are almost certainly positions opening up because of reneging.
guy i spoke with said it wasnt renegging just that they anticipate good things in the market plus jefferies is growing fast asf but he could have just been capping
Aut expedita animi et necessitatibus. Fuga velit ducimus in cum dolorem qui reiciendis consequatur.
Maxime nam quas cumque eligendi dolores. Doloribus in facere iure. Officiis non beatae sed aut et inventore sequi. Suscipit qui rerum porro deserunt. Aut ut molestias labore sint sit unde aut.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...