Return Offers and Signing Timing
Now that most banks have give out their return offers, when is everyone’s deadline to sign? Is it common to get bombarded with phone calls / emails “nudging” you to sign? What happens if you sign at the last minute?
Now that most banks have give out their return offers, when is everyone’s deadline to sign? Is it common to get bombarded with phone calls / emails “nudging” you to sign? What happens if you sign at the last minute?
| +220 | Just One More Year | 17 | 11h |
| +179 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 75 | 4h |
| +124 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 3d |
| +90 | Paradise Is Paradise | 8 | 16h |
| +79 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 27 | 1d |
| +38 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 1d |
| +38 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 13 | 1d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 6d |
| +27 | HR is starting to worry me, do I throw a hail mary during an upcoming chat with an MD? | 5 | 1h |
| +25 | Why did EVR succeed vs GHL or PWP that ended up getting acquired? | 8 | 1h |
Career Resources
I was worried about this too as I'm leaning towards signing at the last minute. Idk if it's a bad look or not but tbh it's completely within our rights as this is probably the most career flexibility we'll have in a long time. At the end of the day they just want you to sign, they don't care when (imo).
My deadline to accept is this week and I have yet to do so. So far no calls or emails pushing me to accept. I've only gotten congratulatory emails from some MD's/Dir that I worked with.
Nothing happens if you sign at the last minute. They told me I had 2 weeks to sign but if I needed more they could extend it. They understand it's a big step for little shits like us that are just finishing college.
This is not entirely true. Having been on both sides of the table, they do care when you sign. The reason is that they are managing yield for the class. So if everyone waits until the last day of their allotted window, then this potentially puts them in a bad position in terms of filling spots with the candidates that they want. For example, you might have gotten the offer but they will have other candidates on hold until you decide or they take another offer. So if you take your time and turn down the offer, they will not only lose you but potentially their back-up option. If you are also pretty certain that you will sign, you might as well sign sooner rather than later and make a good impression that you genuinely want to be there. The converse is true too.
have you ever seen a time where the firm will rescind someone's FT offer before the deadline because he's taking too long and the firm already have others on the waitlist?
I don't think that would ever happen unless the bank found a legitimate reason to rescind the offer
Molestiae ducimus dolorem voluptatibus similique quos. Quidem qui praesentium est eum consequatur. Tenetur deserunt qui occaecati consequuntur dolorem libero. Eos aliquam tempore reiciendis et quae. Eveniet odit nostrum et enim minus odit minus. Laborum enim optio nobis earum omnis debitis.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...