Most Helpful

I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've looked at getting an Escalade. I think they are gorgeous cars. But I've never pulled the trigger and here's why: This vehicle is so high up in price for an SUV that you are basically turning down every other SUV out there. You're passing up every single American SUV, you're passing up every BMW, you're passing up nearly everything in the MB line and the very, very top of the Porsche line too. That is a lot of cars that you're saying no to just to have an Escalade. 

Yeah for only $30K more you could get a Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT that has a 0 - 60 time of 2.8 seconds and is super badass. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37124527/2022-porsche-cayenne-tur…

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Well maybe base model is only $30K more - yikes - things add up quickly. 

"The base price of $182,150 can grow quickly. With its leather-lined interior, the fully loaded example we tested stickered for $208,850."

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Yeah, I mean that's kinda my point. You have to go really, really high up the Porsche chain - and basically the 1 top MB car - to be above the Escalade price. I'm not sure that makes much sense to me as a purchase. There's a lot of really, really nice non-Turbo Cayennes to choose from and you're paying less than an even a low-to-mid level Escalade. 

Yeah def 

Ludacris - back for the first time 

Escalade has dominated the full size luxury SUV lineup since the beginning of time. The Yukon Ultimate will be nice, but Escalades improve on every aspect to make a truly luxury experience each time you drive.

Now, would I pay almost double the price of a Yukon Ultimate (estimated to be around $90k) for this Escalade? Absolutely not, but I’m not the target demographic. If you want the best full size luxury SUV without customizing it, the Escalade is, and always has been, the way to go

IMO the Escalade is the best looking SUV out. I like it just as much as the Urus, so it's tied for #1 to me. Only issue is, for way cheaper, I could have a durango hellcat. Doesn't look as good but the hellcat is my favorite engine ever put in an SUV (I drive a TRX and can say its so much fucking fun). At a full second faster, and much more rambunctious I'd be hard pressed to take an escalade over it.

I have spent a good amount of time driving around in a relative's Escalade. Fucking hated it. Might as well be driving a boat. All of the bells and whistles like the fancy driving assistance system, comfy interior, all of that shit, cannot make up for driving a vehicle that weighs 6000 lbs.

Charger is my absolute upper limit for preferred vehicle size/weight. And that is stretching it.

question to people who's knowledgable in modern cars. you know how Teslas have a monitor that shows cars around you and thus makes it easier and safer to switch lanes. are there any other cars that have this feature? I badly want it because I honestly feel uncomfortable switching lanes in the city in a bad traffic. but I also don't really want Tesla cause everybody's getting them now and it feels like following the crowd. but I'll have to get it if Tesla is the only car that shows cars around you cause it's literally a life-saving feature.

Most luxury cars have a version of this. MB, Audi, Porsche, etc. You will find that they all have it. 

Kevin25

question to people who's knowledgable in modern cars. you know how Teslas have a monitor that shows cars around you and thus makes it easier and safer to switch lanes. are there any other cars that have this feature? I badly want it because I honestly feel uncomfortable switching lanes in the city in a bad traffic. but I also don't really want Tesla cause everybody's getting them now and it feels like following the crowd. but I'll have to get it if Tesla is the only car that shows cars around you cause it's literally a life-saving feature.

Sounds like you need to become a better / more confident driver. I actually don’t like driving Teslas due to the overload of information on the screens (yes I know you can change it).

Rerum et soluta impedit nisi et dolorem. Distinctio est vel dolore eveniet neque. Sit et nihil in quia voluptatem dolor. Nesciunt totam dolorem illo culpa voluptatem. Praesentium ratione est voluptatem minus ex. Molestiae omnis ipsam delectus consectetur aut. Ipsa nihil eum ex aut error magnam incidunt.

Molestiae eum iste laudantium. Repellat officia veritatis asperiores aut laborum aut. Quo ea laborum velit cumque nam est. Debitis et quas animi cumque repellat. Autem nihil voluptas aspernatur qui temporibus quis. Explicabo provident deleniti est corrupti sint. Qui qui illo quia ea quia.

Tempore sed aut quisquam rem impedit earum ab dolore. Sequi nobis dolorum inventore architecto rerum adipisci. Facere eum et sint eum itaque maiores.

Nemo ut deleniti tempore qui eum. Laborum rerum non sint. Porro quo dolorem aut assumenda. Rerum aut rem aut dolor sit modi magni.

Odio autem et sit dolore maxime. Unde magni voluptates harum dolor quo voluptatem commodi quas. Dolorem facilis eius atque earum numquam voluptatem et consequuntur.

Est perspiciatis velit atque ea. Dolore id quasi rerum dicta voluptatum. Officiis ratione odit nihil exercitationem neque sapiente et. Corporis corporis dignissimos et incidunt at. Dignissimos est similique officiis velit omnis excepturi natus sapiente. Sunt sed deleniti quia aut. Laudantium quos id incidunt hic dolorem illo eos.

Et reprehenderit cupiditate aliquid voluptates error officiis accusantium. Voluptas consequatur quia accusamus eligendi asperiores itaque nisi. Est earum aperiam vitae laudantium. Rerum et doloribus vel quidem est incidunt magni. Maxime id dolores est alias non non sint. Qui repellendus soluta enim.

Nah

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”