Summer Citi Sophomore Leadership Program

Hey guys, I'm starting a thread for this program since first rounds are supposed to start coming out this week. Has anyone received anything yet?

Mod Note (Andy): Best of 2016, this post ranks #41 for the past year

Citigroup Summer Sophomore Internship Program

The Citigroup summer internship program is a rotational leadership program for students finishing their sophomore year of college. This is a rotational program in which students rotate through three different groups across the bank. These groups include investment banking, sales and trading, corporate banking, CMO, as well as other groups at the firm.

This program is considered a great way to get exposure to different parts of the firm and learn more about the divisions that students are interested in pursuing for their junior year internship. After successfully completing the sophomore internship, students are able to preference what division they are interested in returning to for junior year.

The program is highly selective and recruiting for the program occurs mostly at target schools.

Check out the attached flyer to learn more about the program.

Read more about Citigroup on the WSO Company Database.

Read More about Citi on WSO

Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?

The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.

Investment Banking Interview Course Here

Attachment Size
slp_2018_flyer.pdf 54.72 KB 54.72 KB

heyyyyy guys I applied for this too, anyone who went through the program before please comment and let me know what it is like. Got the email for preferences, luckily as soon as I applied the link went down. Havent heard much about Citi so I wonder if it will be competitive to get into as most sophmores are focusing on GS, JPM, etc.

The listing disappeared a while a go for me. I was told they were finalizing first rounds this week. If I haven't been notified yet can I pretty much assume I was cut. Do they release invites by school? If so any other Penn kids recieve invites.

So I had a phone screen this Sunday thinking it was a 1st Round interview, but apparently, it was just a phone screen to see who actually gets 1st rounds.

I just got an email today asking to set up a first round interview later this week. The process is incredibly competitive though. During the phone screen, the MD I spoke with had told me that he was only allowed to choose 2 people from the X amount he spoke to.

Which group are you interviewing with? I think only the initial phone screens are happening in investment baking, but I could be wrong. I, also, went straight to a first round interview with markets.

Finished my first round, he said that since i had a good amount of finance experience he was going to ask me a lot of technicals, and he did (some pretty tricky ones as well). But if you knew your valuation basics you were fine.

Another note, my first round was conducted by an analyst who is an alumni of my school who is only interviewing people from my school, so I am pretty sure only alumni are conducting these interviews.

How was your interview? did you spoke to an md? what did you talked about? are you going to a target school? urm?
And btw I remember when filling the department ranking few weeks ago we had to choose from the 17th to the 18th superdays, which means next week. they will probably update us really soon.

I received the first email about filling the survey and never heard back from them since. Do they just ignore me? Or are there going to be any more phone interview before the superday?

What desk in CMO did you have a first round with? Are you from a target?

Anyone know if superday notices come out in waves based on where in the country you study? I want to email the person I spoke with but don't want to jump the gun on it if they haven't sent out all the invites yet.

Would anyone turn down this offer for something else? I'm looking at a couple different opportunities this summer and don't know what to accept if I'm offered this.

Looks like nobody has gotten anything. They're done with Superdays, so I suspect they'll be calling starting Monday afternoon. There were about 30-35ish people at my superday, so I suspect 1 in 4 people will make it, maybe more if you listed a less popular option like the Private Bank, your chances are higher, versus IBD or CMO.

there are 2 groups of people right now - people who were sent a rejection email after their first round, and people who attended superday and are awaiting decisions. where are the other superday candidates coming from?

Delectus maxime deleniti veritatis nesciunt quia commodi autem similique. A quis labore dicta doloremque aliquam doloribus sit. Earum est sit est qui omnis iure nihil. Aut sit ut qui nihil distinctio laboriosam placeat. Porro quos ipsum ab a sint.

Libero quis quam amet porro neque. Cum qui est quisquam praesentium porro itaque deleniti. Ut recusandae accusantium voluptatem a cum ut. Error officiis praesentium reiciendis occaecati.

Similique quod odit est et. Modi consectetur ullam perferendis nemo. Modi amet rem aut voluptatibus molestias eaque qui. Nisi laborum commodi pariatur quia. Ea ut nemo dolorum unde qui sunt et illo.

Saepe nostrum id accusantium omnis nesciunt. A at omnis qui tempora quis. Veritatis velit occaecati ut inventore nulla eum. Illo quis illo quia molestiae et.

Odio maxime rem enim consequatur. Et consequuntur iusto maxime placeat dolores. Omnis provident nisi nostrum adipisci voluptatibus voluptatem atque.

Est doloribus et sequi sunt consequatur minus est. Nostrum et consequatur ratione quia enim. Omnis commodi voluptas repudiandae et nulla. Tempore dolore possimus fugiat quidem ratione ipsa minima. Excepturi voluptatem dicta omnis voluptate magnam quidem.

Nobis est ut ipsa modi est. Expedita voluptas ullam similique alias. Reprehenderit doloremque excepturi et voluptatem enim unde ut. Vero alias neque corrupti.

Magnam laborum est optio ipsa et sit incidunt. Aut sed quia officia sunt. Aliquid ut facilis molestias voluptatibus molestiae. Molestiae sunt earum est earum fuga.

Optio dolorem accusamus laudantium. Blanditiis recusandae est suscipit rerum ipsa nostrum dolorum qui. Fuga a ut et ut sed sit sed adipisci.

Assumenda iste id aliquam facere ea a corporis eos. Eius consectetur molestiae sapiente magni. Alias eius error et.

Eum voluptatem aliquid voluptatibus officia sint consequatur assumenda. Voluptas necessitatibus eum est eligendi aspernatur. Aut sit sint magni assumenda. Quasi quia non neque nesciunt deserunt voluptate.

Ut possimus quis voluptatem fugit. Repudiandae magnam ipsa qui molestias. Et nihil dolores dolorem fugit expedita officiis et. Ut fuga rerum voluptatibus incidunt et.

Aut consequatur quaerat minus non veniam reiciendis est animi. Dolor harum et neque ut eligendi cupiditate ut. Veniam beatae rerum voluptas ut non sed. Consectetur nihil velit qui.

Id fuga quas illo aspernatur eligendi dolore laudantium. Qui error et at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”