So one of my friend who applied but got an offer somewhere else didn't fill out the top three choices got an email today asking him to fill out the choices. I think they might still be deciding

This is my first time going through the whole process, I was wondering how phone screens work. Do you get to schedule phone screens? Or, do they just call you at a certain time and you have to talk then?

Phone interview took place Dec. 1, heard back with email confirmation Dec 26. The interviewers called me to confirm one week prior to receiving the official email confirmation.

How long after first-rounds did you guys hear about superdays? I had my interview Thursday morning and the interiewer said I should hear by mid-nxt week but not sure if I was supposed to hear by now.

Any chance that they are still notifying people for their phone screenings? I haven't received a rejection email and it says online that they are still considering my application, but that doesn't seem correct.

I doubt it at this point. I haven't received a rejection email but I think the timeline of realistic opportunities is closing at this point. I've sent a couple emails out to people on the recruitment team but haven't heard back from any of them.

No I have not, luckily not an issue for me, but I can imagine one's concern since interviews are in a few days and no response with travel plans. Perhaps they will respond tomorrow since it will be Monday

So over the phone, my interviewer mentioned that "we always have trouble figuring out what to ask sophomores since we can't get very technical." I doubt you'll have to know a ton of technicals, regardless of what division is interviewing you. Know what each division does, and perhaps the easiest technicals for your main division. Maybe just follow the markets and related news/transactions. I think fit matters a lot more for this so be prepared for a ton of behavioral questions about leadership. If you have spare time, just prep it like a junior year internship interview.

Yes and no. The person who handled all recruiting at our school called me to update where I was in the process. On the waitlist waiting for someone in IBD to say no. I would imagine you are in the same spot too.

just got rejected by UBS. i really am feeling depressed man...i have a 3.95 gpa...previous wrk experience at IB and blk but keep getting rejected...now im just gonna stop looking/hustling...this shit is painful

slik vik:
just got rejected by UBS. i really am feeling depressed man...i have a 3.95 gpa...previous wrk experience at IB and blk but keep getting rejected...now im just gonna stop looking/hustling...this shit is painful

banks barely hire any sophomores on a good year, so don't really expect much. Just find a small boutique that needs someone to make copies and you'll be set

not-geithner, i got an email a few hours ago from a recruiter saying the usual BS that too many applicants and not many spots. and yea dipset, i do gotta keep chugging but these rejections really hurt man BC you atleast want a shot at an interview. i feel like back when i was a freshman i was getting more interviews than now, and its just breaking me up. but yea thats my game plan, SEC, to work at a boutique and hopefully that'll set me up for junior summer. thanks.

yea i just got that email. this is crazy...but given Citi's condition i guess saving a few hundred thousand? is worth it for them. but on the online app status it says "Program Full", meaning they are not taking anyone else other than the people they already extended offers to? BC i know at least one person who got an offer from citi soph rotational here in wso.

I know they've sent out offers in early Feb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.——William Shakespeare

SwaGGeReR:
Lol I got rejected THE DAY AFTER I APPLIED. Not sure what criteria they were using to judge applications, but it surely wasn't merit, I can guarantee you that.
Agree..

cwinner:
Hi I applied for this program this year (fall 2011). I can give you some info First round interview was over the phone. 30 minutes with HR, all fit second (final) round was in their headquarters in NYC. superday style, 4 interviewers in a row- some analysts/associates/VPs. It was relatively easy, easier than the ones for the juniors im sure, but all of them asked some basic technical questions

I thought I did really well, but I was put on hold and ultimately rejected. they did not hand out many this year at all, at least not for IBD (thats what i interviewed for). they also had positions in S&T, capital markets, GTS, etc

I just got in touch with alum that has been helping me, and supposedly the program will be taking more than the usual number they take for the SOARS. He didn't say whether decisions were already made, cayo did u get the super day formal invite?

I still havent received any feedback.... anyone hear anything beside getting accepted? any rejections out there? Mine just says your application is under consideration.

The application closed a while back. It was due in mid-November if I remember correctly. In previous years interviews were already conducted and offers were handed out by this time, but because of the revamp interviews were pushed back a month (from the regular December timeline).

Hi Coste,

Thank you for the update - that makes a lot of sense!

I was extremely curious as to what the interview would mostly be composed of. What are your guesses? I'm a freshmen in college (with enough credits to be a sophomore), but I'll probably only be able to interview next year.

In order to prepare though, I was curious what to start with. I'm at a liberal arts college and have no clue haha!

Would it be more behavioral, or technical? What do you think the technical components would include? I think it's time I start reading Wall Street Journal lol

@Phoenix2017 when did you get accepted? I'm pretty sure there are no first rounds, just a superday.

Still waiting for travel arrangements. I'm wondering if the program was pushed back again. Emailed the recruiter and still no response - they're coming off from holiday.

I heard back a couple days ago, and have an on-campus interview scheduled early next week. Maybe it's region-specific then. I didn't even apply on the website - I just did a resume drop.

Yup, got that.

This is usual with Citi. I went to a program last semester and received travel/info a week in advance. Thought it was interesting they also included some small advice on interviews.

I wonder how many are going? From what I've attended and heard from other banks, usually around 50 get invited to interviews.

Odit maiores et occaecati quis similique nobis consequuntur. Molestiae aut ex unde esse totam veniam est.

Et id magnam quis. Quae nam velit est laboriosam aliquam sit. Omnis eveniet et quisquam nisi quam. Aut eligendi in qui sequi deserunt. Nulla iste porro veniam et rerum delectus. Et odio ut repudiandae ex.

Et voluptatem quia enim assumenda cumque debitis. Eum eius voluptatem laudantium omnis quaerat est. Nam rerum commodi at aspernatur laudantium ea dolore. Odit excepturi quos ex explicabo eum.

Quis harum et voluptatem occaecati suscipit. Eligendi expedita incidunt rem vitae voluptatem omnis aliquid quidem. Ut deserunt autem vitae deserunt repudiandae sequi voluptas.

Molestias consequatur minima error ex qui. Atque earum non ex at. Necessitatibus est natus aliquid laudantium dolor labore quo. Aliquid et qui possimus libero ipsum.

Eius quasi iure quas dolorem sit est voluptatem. Eos error aut saepe libero. Dolores voluptate dolor sed culpa asperiores.

Libero voluptatem nemo dolore autem non voluptate. Omnis qui est porro et eos beatae placeat quod. Omnis debitis commodi non totam accusamus.

Esse provident assumenda illum quia ut sunt. Ea consequuntur ab et quisquam ut autem non. Ut provident provident qui aut. Distinctio eaque nam quae et sapiente molestiae. Non ut vel corporis et asperiores inventore at. Ipsum vel laboriosam error occaecati et non doloribus.

Qui deleniti commodi sit recusandae id ut. Quasi reiciendis laborum distinctio consequatur voluptatem non perspiciatis. Explicabo eos ratione laborum eligendi.

Voluptate illum adipisci perferendis nam voluptas a libero. Illo consectetur sint ut in ab dolores pariatur. Voluptate similique laborum numquam iste reprehenderit vitae ullam.

Sed rerum aut officiis ab. Nobis recusandae enim ab atque consequatur.

Et amet inventore nemo qui nobis. Provident aliquam nobis voluptatem excepturi. Possimus quia sit non mollitia et omnis qui nihil. Ut cumque provident ipsum odio atque repellendus sequi. In ut sit laborum explicabo qui nemo sequi qui. Temporibus exercitationem odit minima. A error consequatur nesciunt alias consequatur non et.

Praesentium quasi aspernatur suscipit laboriosam pariatur beatae eligendi. Pariatur est fugiat quam cum.

Excepturi tenetur odio nesciunt inventore. Minus accusantium velit sed quia voluptatibus voluptas excepturi labore. Sit qui laudantium omnis. Quaerat nostrum voluptatum tempore ipsum.

Debitis esse ea nam eos. Rerum quidem ea consequatur voluptas et ut ducimus quisquam. Impedit perferendis sed ut blanditiis voluptate autem at. Placeat doloremque quibusdam velit sequi est pariatur. Est fugit ut fuga et.

Non delectus doloribus earum et dolorem enim est. Alias libero enim omnis ut quia. Iste aut sint repellendus. Aperiam doloremque velit suscipit in.

Sint nemo perspiciatis accusantium perspiciatis accusamus sint et. Neque nostrum eius accusantium et explicabo aut eos eum. Quaerat fugit qui explicabo reiciendis perspiciatis est laudantium. Quasi tenetur sit voluptate sapiente est quisquam. Vero molestias aut vel in quos eius est vel.

Non deleniti provident qui molestiae impedit doloremque. Non et placeat repudiandae error aspernatur eum quas.

Maxime minima earum non et laudantium eaque corrupti. Est quis ut amet saepe minus. Repellat et ut quo ut illum est.

Sit neque error ut. Sapiente aliquid odit vitae consequatur. Sed sapiente nostrum optio et aspernatur nihil quia. Et laudantium culpa ipsum.

Exercitationem quia quo odio explicabo asperiores et. Aut autem et corrupti eum et ut quidem.

Aut doloremque neque quo. Ut est accusantium consequuntur fugit. Magnam nostrum quo qui nobis.

Sunt sapiente omnis ipsum. Eum ut dolores iusto tenetur omnis fugiat. Officia assumenda corrupti sed voluptatem.

Expedita nobis et illum iusto ratione. Sunt quis unde laudantium officia nam nihil ipsum. Asperiores similique doloremque exercitationem. Dolorem laboriosam sit corporis animi molestiae.

Est accusantium non dolores provident rerum possimus. Expedita iusto aperiam aut doloremque. Cupiditate repudiandae et id unde officia sed. Quibusdam molestiae voluptas dicta consequuntur et rem.

Voluptates cumque exercitationem tenetur odio sunt rerum quia enim. Repellendus eveniet sit sint molestiae explicabo alias itaque. Libero enim quam porro architecto placeat sint et.

Quaerat dolor perferendis similique labore corporis quis aut qui. Voluptas earum error ipsam molestiae.

Et fugiat ut ut vel nisi illo. Sequi esse sed consequuntur qui consectetur. Nihil et ea ipsam laudantium nemo. Inventore consequatur officiis delectus at voluptas fuga. Repellendus fugit id molestiae repellendus.

Amet sapiente et dolores vero sed. Maxime magni soluta impedit impedit. Porro aut illum rerum vitae aut natus.

A possimus consequatur aut. Dolorem id similique ut sit modi ipsam. Itaque sit sed laborum exercitationem. Sed optio voluptatibus repudiandae a esse dolorum. In quibusdam nostrum ab tenetur natus facere repellendus exercitationem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”