128 Comments
 

I just got an email to complete a HireVue today. They said another email will be coming in within 72 hours; I assume that'll be for which division I was accepted into (I put IB 1st, S&T 2nd).

 

Just got the HireVue interview email today. By "another email" do you mean a followup email after you submitted your HireVue interview online?

 

I'm just confused because I don't know how the divisions work. Am I in for a IB specifically? Or is it just general?

I thought there might be a follow-up email with divisions but I guess that's just the notification email.

 

Real people read these applications, so maybe they got really busy and didn't get a chance to ding yours. I know a friend who talked a GS recruiter asking why she didn't receive an invitation for the HireVue, and that's what the recruiter said (not sure if the recruiter was honest, though.)

 

Got it. They don't open apps until July, and start first rounds/superdays in August. I doubt there will be interviews. I went to something similar for a HF and it was networking and workshops all day. Also for that firm everyone who attended got a first round

 

My buddy that got in last year said if you didn’t get in for one of your choices they invited them to another sector. E.g applied for IB got in for PWM or something similar

 

Definitely would be good to drop a line and inform them of your attendance at the Inside Access Day, and maybe even ask if they have the time to meet in-person and chat. Doing so exhibits your strong interest and also proves your legitimacy (e.g. being inv'd to the Day demonstrates that MS has significant interest in you). As a non-target going to the Day, that was my mentality at least

 

Does anyone know if its acceptable to bring a backpack to the event tomorrow? Not sure if thats too informal.... Kinda need a place to keep my things for the day though.

 

Did previous years have this event on the same day? Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you get an interview for this event?

 

I have not heard anything yet, I assume they will be within the next few days, the one of the head recruiters did not know either when I asked last week.

Let this thread know if you guys hear!

Best of luck everyone.

 

I haven't heard anything regarding travel. I hope they'll cover hotel for the night before because there's no way for me to get there by 8:30am if I leave Friday morning...

 

Tenetur deserunt aut aperiam voluptas vero beatae. Voluptates asperiores ut sunt qui unde. Illum sit nostrum temporibus accusamus non non est. Excepturi ipsa excepturi molestiae corrupti et.

 

Debitis repudiandae rerum harum deserunt iure voluptates. Distinctio qui non voluptatem occaecati maxime et. Quisquam quidem nesciunt est quia mollitia ad perspiciatis. Quia enim eaque harum eligendi molestiae accusantium. Maxime soluta nulla eos quis quod.

Nihil mollitia explicabo ut sint accusantium reiciendis quam et. Exercitationem nihil repellendus commodi provident non magnam perspiciatis et. Possimus magnam doloremque ut voluptatem.

Ut quisquam nostrum est quaerat fugit exercitationem sed. Dolore aut veniam excepturi voluptatibus. Repellat cum et dolore. Officia dolorem alias est. Id accusantium culpa et sequi est non excepturi. Neque tempora neque eaque placeat qui adipisci.

 

Molestiae sint enim quidem quia. Eos quam illo cupiditate nihil consequuntur. Minus saepe asperiores in quibusdam porro dolorem vel. Omnis in accusantium nulla exercitationem autem.

Sed quia quia et id. Fugit minima quisquam sit voluptas non iste. Praesentium dolorem sed vero esse aut. Et nemo dolore aut aut aut quis facere. Illum voluptatibus sed fuga qui tenetur impedit assumenda harum.

Autem nemo fuga doloribus laborum. Non at dolores aperiam est quaerat. Excepturi numquam facere quaerat totam distinctio. Iure aliquid quis velit.

Itaque omnis eos aut sed voluptas aspernatur quo ipsa. Hic qui quaerat expedita incidunt cum quaerat et. Voluptas nihil quibusdam voluptatem et earum adipisci. Molestias ipsa voluptas recusandae eius et. Saepe ea repellendus nihil veritatis ad eius. Sequi et est placeat rerum ab occaecati qui. Ut a minus ad.

path less traveled
 

Eius dolorem ex occaecati. Iure aliquid neque debitis maxime. Aperiam sunt cum minus quas nobis. Sit in eum ipsa vel deleniti aut.

Aspernatur rerum porro in sit saepe est voluptatibus. Vel illum quam laborum amet velit.

Qui eaque voluptatem et voluptas. Saepe assumenda voluptates dolores sed assumenda. Omnis adipisci pariatur in facere omnis neque officiis illum.

path less traveled

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”