Comments (1674)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 29, 2020 - 5:10pm

Based on last year, I've heard it's hirevue-> superday. No phone calls or interviews in between. However, the hirevues screening is pretty selective and not everyone gets them. It's not like MS who gives a hirevue to anyone with a heart beat that has above a 3.0 GPA.

Jun 29, 2020 - 7:31pm

I would apply as soon as you can given rolling apps. From my experience last year, I recieved hirevue about 4 weeks after applying and received superday around 4 weeks after hirevue. You get 2 tries on the hirevue like most banks and if you use the 2nd try can take as much time as you like to prep for the questions

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Jun 30, 2020 - 5:17pm

Can you apply to more than one location for the same position? If so, do you only get interviewed for one location?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 12:16am

I am at a target, have been to all of my school's BofA events, have networked with several bankers across multiple offices and divisions, received their emails before, and have been in contact with my school's HR rep, but I got no fucking email smh.

My guess is as good as any, but I assume HR reps are emailing their individual schools on their own time.

The Bank of America website also mentions it but is vague, just saying "Applications for 2021 programs will open later this summer – check back soon."

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:21am

Can confirm the delay at my target, not sure why I got updated when it seems like others didn't but rest assured it is not opening today (7/1).

Array

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:20am

I can confirm that the app is going to be delayed from a pretty inside source

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 8:35am

Damn

Array

• Intern in IB - Ind
Jul 1, 2020 - 12:52pm

Current NY IB SA here... this is purely speculative and 100% my opinion but I wouldn't expect apps to open before July 24th, which is the (likely) last day of our internship. Recruiters are very heavily involved in running our program so they probably don't have time to deal with the process for next summer yet.

Again, no evidence for this, just my opinion.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 5, 2020 - 11:06pm

Emailed HR for my school after the email on June 30. Heard back that apps will open "on/around August 1."

Jul 9, 2020 - 2:30pm

just got an email applications for GCIB internships are opening July 9th at 5pm ET

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 9, 2020 - 4:51pm

anyone know if its rolling?

Array

Jul 9, 2020 - 5:06pm

It's shit like this that makes me absolutely hate this site (and shows why it's such a nuisance). How one kid can say "I spoke with the hEaD oF rEcRuiTiNg and they said August 1st" and how others can say "I go to HYP and they emailed and said 5 PM today" makes no fucking sense. Thanks Patrick Curtis for starting this absolute shit show

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 9, 2020 - 5:14pm

Heard S&T up or no??

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 9, 2020 - 5:29pm

Does anyone know if you can still apply even if you did a superday through diversity and haven't heard back at all?

Array

• Intern in Other
Jul 9, 2020 - 7:45pm

Website frozen/not working for anyone else?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 9, 2020 - 7:47pm

on the "experience" tab, are we actually supposed to list only 2 experiences?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 10, 2020 - 6:05pm

Is anyone sure that there isn't an assessment we have to do? The confirmation email I got told me thanks for completing the first part of my app and that I'll receive an email shortly on another step I have to complete. That makes it sound like we have to do some sort of test or questionnaire otherwise wouldn't they just say "if you are good fit, we will reach out to you"? I know it's an automated message either way, but it still sounds like there's something else that everyone who submits an app has to do.

• Prospect in 
Jul 11, 2020 - 9:58am

Anyone know if we can use our .edu emails as the primary one in the app

Array

• Prospect in Other
Jul 12, 2020 - 6:20pm

Is SF IB taking interns this year?

Array

Jul 13, 2020 - 5:38pm

Can you go through the process for multiple locations in IB. I applied with NY as my first choice but have had recent networking success in Palo Alto, which was my 2nd choice. Am I out of the process for Palo Alto or do I still have a chance? I know for some banks you're only considered for one location.

• Prospect in ER
Jul 14, 2020 - 11:38pm

Don't think there is any additional assessment, I think they will take some time to review apps as mentioned they seemed to thankfully push things back this summer. FWIW I heard the SF IB recruiting has kind of been winding down outside of the formalized process, but I am not sure if this applies to all groups.

Array

Jul 19, 2020 - 7:26am

I think this kind of depends on which office you are applying to as well. I received an email from LA analysts about a week ago recommending to apply online – feel like having a conversation with the recruiting analyst(s) plays a bigger part on the West Coast.

I am not sure of NYC unfortunately, but if someone is willing to refer you then there should be no reason to refuse – only seems to help.

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:19pm

Anyone apply to GCIB Rates and currencies origination?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Jul 20, 2020 - 12:33pm

Does anyone have any insights in terms of timeline for NY office?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 22, 2020 - 2:45am

I know this has been discussed in other threads but I wanted to ask specifically in the case of BAML - is it frowned upon to apply to both IB and Capital Markets?

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 23, 2020 - 11:03pm

I was told by an MD that first-rounds would come out in the last week of July with superdays in early August. So we should expect next week for the first set of emails.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 25, 2020 - 4:00pm

I talked with an associate in the West coast. He said they won't start reviewing resumes until earliest mid August. Is yours NY?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 26, 2020 - 8:52pm

anyone has info about NYC hirevues? I've heard conflicting info saying end of August, mid August, or this upcoming week lol

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 28, 2020 - 9:53pm

Spoke to an MD today who said that there isn't a fixed estimate right now on when the interviews (hirevues) come up.

Jul 29, 2020 - 1:58pm

Just got a rejection. I'm an international. Have IB experience at a BB. Seems almost automatic. Didn't apply as early as most (like a week after it opened). Could it be they aren't sponsoring? A friend also got dinged. International as well. Didn't apply early. Or was this just a normal rejection?

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (257) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (134) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (567) $130
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (548) $82

Leaderboard See all