I think you're basically matched with an employee at Citi who works in the line of business you applied for (e.g. IB) and he becomes your mentor -- you have a few phone calls, he gives you advice about how to prep for interviews, etc. and you guys form a relationship etc. Then at the end of the program, you get to interview and hopefully get an offer -- basically a way to get diversity candidates "hooked" lol

The email says "we do have a waitlist so we ask you to confirm by the deadline" and the deadline is next Tuesday. So perhaps you can be pulled off the waitlist. Also, it might depend on the line of business you applied for --e.g. mine is for IB, so if yours is for smth else, you might get yours later

i wonder if they sent out rejection emails to those not on the waitlist or not. i hate programs that say if you are emailed then you're in but if you hear nothing then you're out...its pretty annoying to constantly comb through your inbox

Yea, I hate that too -- like you don't know when to give up waiting and how much you should focus on other alternatives, etc. I doubt they sent out the rejections yet though, they usually take a while to send rejections and hm interesting, I didn't have a phone call for mine at all

Congrats to all of you! I hope that your time in the program is beneficial on both sides! If there are Citi specific questions, I might know someone that can help - PM me.

Just got an email said that they expect to have all communications on my application next week. Does that imply rejection tho..? Looks like people who are invited already received the invitations...

Hi guys, just some update for you. I received offer from pride for investment banking. And the recruiter told us that if your status shows “recommended for different program” that means you are in. And also, anyone who’s also investment banking track want to form a chat group so we can prepare together? Recruiting this year is coming so early, I guess the easiest way is to do well on this program and also the coming interview. My phone number is+13109232232, DM me

Yeah my mentor is an alum; he took 3-4 days to respond, and he said he's been super busy recently, but we scheduled a call for later this week. I wouldn't worry if you've not heard back, from my experience with Citi analysts, they respond fairly slowly (some other banks respond in 2-5 mins). Maybe follow up if you haven't heard by Thu/Fri

thanks deshaw1 - used to getting a response within the hour, so glad it's not just my issue. so far have reached out to mine twice (several days apart) and nothing they said the calls are supposed to be about an hour each week, trying to decide what to even talk about beyond basic coffee chat stuff?

Array

My mentor and I chatted on Monday and he said: "I'm going to teach you how to get this offer". So we're going over interview questions, he's listened to my pitches and "story" already, and we've gone over what I think are my weak points and set goals for what I'm going to do next week. VERY cool program so far, I'm excited to continue working with him.

I'm getting big to-do lists. My mentor and I kind of use the guidelines very loosely. I've had superdays and formal interviews for internships before, so we skipped ahead a lot. We started on "story" the first phone call.

How are you guys keeping up with the seminars? I had such a busy week and missed one of mine.

Hey, thanks for replying! How do you want to do this? wanna exchange emails and I can reach out? or phone numbers? Let me know ASAP. Thanks and good luck everyone !

Got the email for a phone interview for Corporate Banking, anyone else doing CB?

Don't confuse motion with progress. You can run in place all day, doesn't mean you'll be moving forward.

Ut voluptatum et fugiat ut unde excepturi quae. Praesentium nihil quia ullam ipsa ullam qui ut. Aliquid in incidunt sequi repellat nihil. Iure laborum laborum dolores dolor illo.

Ipsa eligendi odio culpa molestiae iusto praesentium. Et laborum mollitia quo et eum et. Repellendus illum delectus fuga rerum nemo quaerat. Id omnis explicabo ea labore. In rem accusantium culpa consequatur voluptas sunt accusamus ut. Iure rerum assumenda est labore.

Aut dolor voluptate et nihil qui vitae aliquid. Adipisci cumque aut provident corporis sit veritatis et possimus. Rerum dolores quidem omnis sed et ipsam omnis. Expedita beatae excepturi exercitationem dolores distinctio expedita sint.

Rem et totam laborum veritatis ex non. Qui et amet provident ducimus cupiditate sit iste sunt. Perferendis dolorem sed voluptatem quia nam. Nostrum omnis delectus soluta dicta. Quo sed sapiente eum ea eligendi qui. Aliquam reiciendis explicabo aut minus minus.

A et at mollitia error libero aut iusto a. Debitis reprehenderit pariatur esse laudantium soluta. Enim qui consequatur sequi fugit voluptate omnis ipsam.

Vel explicabo maiores facilis ea in. Est provident aut quod magni ullam. Expedita ut eveniet alias sapiente vel. Cupiditate quasi omnis qui quia provident dolorem. Temporibus quaerat facilis sit enim.

Dolor est occaecati nulla est debitis quibusdam omnis repellat. Sint enim enim ut qui. Error repellendus quaerat magni expedita.

Officiis est sint dolor voluptatem. Est omnis nemo eveniet voluptas accusamus id. Qui voluptatum officia ut sunt eveniet ipsum ratione eius. Nemo odit et quia suscipit debitis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”