Credit Suisse Summer 2020

Does anyone have any news/rumors on any changes CS (NYC) will make to Summer 2020? Obviously nothing is confirmed yet since they haven't sent out any additional updates but I'd imagine there must be an announcement soon given recent moves by other banks.

is this for all offices? do you guys foresee full remote program? FT offers like moelis/citi?

I don't prefer it persay, but my hype for the internship kinda died when this whole pandemic started. I think either way we're gonna get a different experience from years past. That also doesn't include the logistical challenges for some people having to sort out housing for a shorter amount of time. Although the situation is fluid, I, like many others, just want more concrete details on what is happening this summer.

NYC global markets - only received the first email as outlined above which said "more details to follow". Did not receive anything with specific dates. Have heard a number of other banks have pushed to July 6th so would not be surprised if this is true, but still awaiting confirmation on date and FT offer policy

Not crazy...takes a couple extra days to head back to headquarters, walk through that red tape back there before giving the go ahead back in the US. Works that way with large business transactions/risk also, not surprised to see them moving a bit slower on this.

Pure speculation, but I feel like since they are slightly smaller or less prestigious than Citi, MS, GS, JPM they probably want to do just enough to keep up with those big top few firms and not hurt their future recruiting, but don't want to burn cash for the sake of it, therefore they'll be reacting to Goldman's and JPM's decisions rather than blazing the trail

hey if he did he did, he is looking out for tha gang, i respect it

will CS follow the suits of Citi and Moelis to give 100% FT offers?

Funniest

No. In fact, quite the opposite. After the internship ends we will singlehandedly fire all of you.

not sure how I feel about the delayed end date, my classes begin five days later

They did mention this though, “Despite any adjustments we make to the program, our summer interns are the primary funnel for our 2021 full-time class and we want to see you succeed in getting there.”

Does not mean that everybody gets a FT, just that there will be FT offers which we know

"...Our primary goal is to enable you to learn and grow by first-hand experiencing our firm’s culture, people, businesses and the impact we make globally. Despite any adjustments we make to the program, our summer interns are the primary funnel for our 2021 full-time class and we want to see you succeed in getting there.

The current planned start date with Credit Suisse is Monday, July 6th and the program is currently slated to go through Friday, August 21st. We will notify you shortly with updated details of the summer program and also instructions in making travel arrangements...."

NYU housing ends on the 15th. Is Airbnb the only option in regards to staying that extra week since they extended the end date?

This is the only bank that sounds like they are planning to have people in the office at some point in the summer the SA period?

Exactly this is a shitshow, and now some "Analyst 1" is going to come out and rant about how we're all "whiny" and "ungrateful" fuck off and go back to turning your comments

I agree. Either the BB's were not communicating as much with each other as we thought they were or CS is taking a more optimistic viewpoint of the whole situation. Either way it is super strange

CS summer analyst from my school said they did last summer...made it sound like it was given out to everyone, idk, maybe not

Is it fair to say that FT offer rate will be lower than previous years given the economic downturn and resulting slowdown in ECM, DCM, M&A, LevFin, CRE + other types of lending, and other profitable business arms of the firm?

Unfortunately, this is one of the few years where it isn't fair to say anything. Literally anything can happen, could be all auto-offers or could be 20% return rate. Unfortunately only time will tell, all the theorycrafting and hypothetical scenarios in the world won't help. It's just that unpredictable of a climate homie

They're taking quite awhile to get back to us after last week's email... Anyone else think they ma change their mind and do a virtual internship?

There is no point in speculating! Presumably, they haven't made a decision, or else they would have let us know.

They're going to have to send out a new contract and more official docs, maybe they want to delay sending those out until they're more certain that we will go in person on July 6th...Right now anything really is possible, maybe in a few weeks they have a better sense and are more confident, reach back out with the contract or with another alternate plan (virtual?).

Right now the plan is their best guess, but they honestly probably don't really have anything else to tell us...

Agreed, same situation with a friend interning in the London office. Right now plans are still physical, which really seems like an impossibility. Hopefully the fact that they haven't announced virtual is good news though, it means that the not giving out of FT auto-offers was based on the idea that we'd still be able to come into the office and actually get a chance to prove ourselves in an actual internship. With the eventual realisation that the internship will have to be a bs virtual internship that disadvantages many candidates and doesn't provide a meaningful way to differentiate between interns, auto-offers may very well be extended. Wishful thinking, but CS has got an awesome culture and on a comparable level to Citi so it's possible

Today, I received an email from HR that it is now considering virtual internship program. HR, however, highlighted that it is still just an option that CS is discussing at the moment. Nothing mentioned about automatic full-time offer.

What location and group are you? I'm supposed to be at NYC office and didn't receive this email...curious if they're just waiting until later to send to us, or if will have different plans for different offices

So NYU has cancelled summer housing for 2020 and refunding all deposits. I have no idea where I'm going to live for the summer if they go forward with in person on July 6. What are you guys thinking for housing? I am very surprised they have not updated us yet its been close to two weeks.

MPC

I'm in the same boat and am growing a bit concerned myself.

definitely wait to book housing.... you guys seriously think CS is gonna be the only bank on the street to fly in their interns from all over the world for the summer? you’re buggin...wait til at least the next email because you can get an apartment within a week of move in in New York, if not also other major cities. everyone here needs to take a deep breath or maybe a xan lol..

Damn how come only some people got the email updates? HR didn't send me anything

NYC S&T

Anyone hear from HR or their teams about any differences once we start the summer? Be it logistics, working from home some days, hours, intern programming etc.

Curious if anyone has found out any other info

I reached out to HR and heard back yesterday that there is no update yet but they’re aware that housing options are changing (NYU dorms closed, etc) and are working to update us...still not sure if that means we should find new housing but maybe if we’re lucky we’ll hear before June lol

Wasn't from head of recruiting so maybe not everyone got it yet. Basically just said we know there's some questions, we'll be in touch with more details, if you have questions or concerns feel free to reach out

Yeah I didn't get any email today. Should I be concerned?

it was from the recruiter I communicated with so I think she realized people had questions and sent out a quick update. the mass email I received was addressed to global markets interns and the recruiters are group dependent so it wasn’t from the head of campus recruitment

My money is that it will be virtual. They probably didn't have the capabilities before but ramped up in the past couple of weeks to be able to do so. No way they would be one of the few banks on the street making their interns come in.

I would think interns would want the internship in-person. I'm not sure how you judge group culture over zoom, let alone network... Especially given that CS hasn't handed out automatic full-time offers, I can only imagine the cringe shit people will be doing over zoom if it is virtual.

I would expect something this week, I've heard further updates mid may but of course idk for sure

Depends...if they go virtual I think we get offers, if they somehow can manage to get us into the office then not

The most comparable firm to Citi is CS so if any firm was to follow through, CS would be the most likely so firms like JP going remote is irrelevant. Was a very realistic assumption before, but the hope has been dwindling day by day unfortunately

But the fact that they said we'd be in office and then switch to virtual might tip the scales in our favor, as opposed to if they said the whole time "virtual". Pure speculation, can hear it both ways, but I think the odds of it at least get a bit higher.

How will they make it up to interns? Completely unheard of for a BB to just cancel an internship and offer nothing in return

Nothing....honestly, a bit weird at this point...it's now less than 6 weeks from the supposed start date and still don't know if I'm making housing and flight arrangements, getting 2 monitors to work from home, or buying a whole lot of beer and a beach chair...

I guess you just got your answer....a monitor or two and definitely the beers

Are other banks being this inconsiderate with their communication?

Supposed start date is first week of July but we'd almost certainly have to cancel any housing plans that we make because the internship will need to be remote (despite what CS says).

No information on group placement? No communication from HR? Still waiting on our "mid-May" update.

UPDATE: Email from Head of recruiting.

Going Virtual, July 6th start, taking away the relocation bonus, no real mention of what program will look like and how we will be doing work. I guess more news to follow. NO mentions of Full-Time offers...

"As we have communicated, we continue to review the current situation with a view towards protecting all of our employees. Given the current challenges, we have decided to move our program this year to be a full virtual internship experience. This means that you will not be expected or permitted to come to the office. While this is a departure from what many of you expected, we believe that it is the safest option and that we can deliver a good learning experience through a remote setting."

This is true. Curious if OT will be taken away/will ever even be done...

Annoying getting that bonus taken away, live in NYC, was going to live at home and pocket the cash, but I guess 10 weeks salary for 6 weeks of sitting at home is aite

Still no update for London, bruh it's getting a bit ridiculous

APAC S&T Intern yet to receive news about format. Anyone same?

Ngl I feel like it's gonna be lower than in the past. Pessimistic side of me is thinking 50-70%.

is it for NY IBD? So Global Markets gets shortened to 5 week and IBD is still a 7 week program?

Dolore voluptas labore quia ea quos odio tempora expedita. Temporibus rerum adipisci et esse quisquam quam. Sed totam quos enim est qui amet perferendis.

Quidem vel rerum accusamus et quia corrupti. Exercitationem nisi nemo rerum eligendi. Soluta voluptatem hic accusantium quos voluptatem quaerat dolores architecto. Molestiae veniam magni nihil odio tempore consequatur.

Eos enim architecto ullam quo sunt magnam pariatur. Et et quidem nihil molestiae qui ut. Vel vel corporis voluptas molestiae a voluptatibus. Sint quasi voluptas nemo.

Fuga culpa vel doloribus sit. Enim deserunt occaecati delectus nobis ullam deleniti cumque nihil. Perspiciatis tenetur nulla occaecati fuga recusandae voluptate totam assumenda.

Delectus hic numquam ex laudantium voluptate. Ratione vel et sequi aut. Aut laudantium voluptatem quia nesciunt consequuntur.

Deserunt iusto rem quis rem possimus. Vel sed quam totam quibusdam sequi.

Est pariatur autem suscipit ea velit dignissimos. Aut voluptatem non voluptas quisquam. Quo molestiae esse provident voluptatem cum dicta nulla. Ut dignissimos enim ut eaque voluptatem nihil sit reprehenderit. Sed odio saepe dolorem itaque repellendus voluptate. Similique sit et ratione repellat numquam consequuntur quo. Consequatur neque ab perferendis reprehenderit iusto quibusdam quia.

Cum optio tempore dolore. Exercitationem ut esse explicabo qui. Et dolorem doloribus aut earum.

Consequatur sunt dolor iste consequatur. Eaque corporis omnis quisquam eligendi voluptatibus quaerat. Amet maiores qui est consequatur.

Eum ea vel ducimus. Ipsa eum aliquam excepturi sunt quisquam similique minus quos. Corrupti eius reiciendis id hic id aut. Ex voluptate et eaque doloribus facilis. Eos repellat numquam accusantium ea voluptatem corporis.

Vel exercitationem est nemo quia. Ratione consectetur eum ullam impedit non saepe et. Sed modi molestias et culpa et. At officiis occaecati debitis temporibus unde deleniti.

Tempore nobis architecto deserunt facere et velit aliquam. Culpa cupiditate voluptatem nobis corporis ea.

Dolores cupiditate expedita quod aut minus possimus ullam. Dolorum quia culpa aperiam animi velit eius. Vel asperiores consequatur natus. Perspiciatis tempore accusantium voluptatem et minima. Et odio ut ipsum quidem voluptatibus. Vel occaecati non soluta distinctio qui id hic. Blanditiis soluta voluptate dolorum eveniet consequatur qui.

Dolore nisi quaerat perspiciatis nulla aut. Commodi et et quis dolor. Voluptatem expedita alias eius quos voluptatem. Voluptatem id laborum eos nam voluptates est.

Voluptatibus eum soluta aliquid quia qui nihil. Enim eos cum eos culpa iste laudantium voluptas. Velit ducimus recusandae dolorem consequatur. Nemo numquam veniam aut occaecati aperiam ipsam. In ea sit quia. Sit voluptatem rerum ipsum qui nam et dolor id.

Unde hic sequi hic quia quos autem. Molestiae qui maiores possimus. Occaecati nihil labore non.

Aut beatae nam reiciendis incidunt pariatur. Id architecto tempore inventore voluptatem id. Dolorem nobis vero exercitationem et quos qui.

Ut nulla animi recusandae odit qui ex molestias eaque. Qui quia beatae sint quam deleniti et impedit sequi. Similique assumenda incidunt fuga id aut et.

Rerum inventore enim et dicta. Voluptatem exercitationem atque enim. Sit doloremque est et vel.

Asperiores vel asperiores animi sit. Error aut dolores porro consectetur quo porro quia. Impedit voluptatibus qui et. Ut et et ea at eum enim error. Corrupti sit voluptas nobis saepe ipsa.

Perferendis blanditiis similique rem facere inventore est. Quis eligendi sed et nobis similique quae. Vero optio nisi saepe similique et quibusdam.

Molestiae sunt quam totam distinctio. Est tempore vel accusamus. Soluta cum et et id quia eos enim. Sunt ut repellat inventore enim necessitatibus nesciunt. Quis molestiae nemo itaque fugiat. Architecto iste et totam neque deserunt laborum.

Quae et quia quam impedit sit ad totam quibusdam. Ipsam ratione voluptas consequatur qui nobis harum aut. Et error voluptatum aliquam beatae aperiam at eaque quia. Qui rerum aut reiciendis cumque enim dolores maiores. Impedit consequuntur inventore qui veniam. Perferendis nobis iste doloribus ipsam est et enim.

Nemo sunt soluta modi temporibus. Eum quos nobis eos perspiciatis. Non qui dignissimos ut consectetur illum asperiores. Illum debitis labore maxime. Nihil saepe repellendus repellendus. Et fuga similique voluptatem consequuntur.

Doloribus omnis nulla architecto sed veritatis eveniet voluptates. Asperiores molestiae accusamus blanditiis. Nostrum nostrum perspiciatis non ipsam. Nihil libero blanditiis qui sint veniam enim est.

Nobis repellat quisquam rerum quo. Ullam voluptatum quo non sit sequi. Sint nesciunt pariatur recusandae.

Itaque doloremque quia laudantium rerum. Laborum officiis consectetur ut pariatur quae iusto dolorum.

Debitis fugiat recusandae est mollitia voluptatem doloribus recusandae. Temporibus voluptates explicabo rerum labore qui. Magnam sapiente culpa similique ducimus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”