112 Comments
 

I just finished that Koru/Pre-Interview questionnaire, fingers crossed on the timeline. What email did you get after the survey btw? In mine it highlighted a strength, but didn't say anything about suitability for the job or sth.

 

Same for me. Just told me my strength and that was it. I'm curious how they use those to help determine who get's an interview or not.

 

Would you guys mind sharing if you guys were URMs/had connections? I got the pre-interview but I'm pretty nervous at not having gotten anything after, no hate - just trying to see where I stand.

 

Last year, they called a couple of people the same night so I was wondering if they did the same this year as well

 

Also got the corporate finance offer a couple days ago, HR said there'll be a week of training and we'll pref groups then. No guarantees as to which groups though since it depends on each group's workflow.

 

I applied for Global Transaction Banking and just got an email from an HR recruiter today setting up a phone interview. I guess GTB moves way more slowly than corp fin? Didn't get a pre-interview survey or anything.

 
Best Response

The corporate finance division is the only one doing the pre-interview survey and it's their first time trying it. Different divisions have different timelines so don't worry about the timing of everything. Good luck!

 

Is this open to all applicants or is it focused on diversity candidates? It doesn't specify on the website, but I wanted to know what the results look like.

"They are all former investment bankers that were laid off in the economic collapse that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have no marketable skills, but by God they work hard."
 

I did a phone interview with Global Transaction Banking two days ago and haven't heard back, I guess they are just slower than other divisions

 

I think it went ok. One interview was way better and more behavioral than the other but its hard to tell what theyre looking for. How about you? Have you heard back?

 

Had a friend who did the dbAchieve program last summer. It ultimately helped her realize that IB wasn't right for her before she went into junior year recruiting, which was helpful. She worked around 60 hours per week which is definitely great in terms of work-life balance, but didn't get any modeling experience (which is understandable--why would they give that kind of responsibility to sophomores when they have juniors on board)? Overall, no matter what you end up wanting to do, it's a great opportunity to get a taste of what banking is like.

 

How long did it take for the recruiters to reach out with an offer? I had superday for corporate finance on Friday, and was told by the interviewer that I would hear back either on that same day or Monday, but it's already Wednesday and I have yet to hear anything.

 

Nostrum quia modi assumenda qui dolorum nisi autem. Expedita velit ut veritatis dolor. Repudiandae quo quia perferendis dolorem. Culpa odit eligendi cum non ullam. Dolores quibusdam non iste aliquid blanditiis. Et explicabo illo consequatur eaque in quibusdam minima.

 

Vel perspiciatis natus nostrum et. Qui ipsa ad delectus rerum. Ducimus suscipit doloremque veniam corporis est impedit animi. Laudantium qui est est.

Dolore facere est recusandae reiciendis facere mollitia. Aut cupiditate facere numquam. Distinctio culpa et et pariatur. Maiores laudantium iusto quaerat in qui possimus. Similique nemo similique sunt assumenda illo omnis quas. Esse veritatis explicabo recusandae accusamus asperiores rerum possimus sunt. Porro rerum rerum qui repellat voluptatum.

Alias labore et incidunt. Aliquam sed cumque ut aliquam ut eligendi. Voluptatum autem facere id dolor possimus at nostrum temporibus. Inventore numquam earum deleniti nihil. Aperiam autem recusandae sed voluptatem assumenda laudantium amet. Odit explicabo culpa numquam nihil dolores tempora placeat quia.

Maxime qui veritatis sit qui. Maxime esse nemo qui amet asperiores quam at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”