FT Partners Superday FT 2022

I had a first technical round and then on to superday. Does anybody know the typical recruiting structure for FT partners? Like will there still be a technical focus at superday even though I had an initial strictly technical round? Also does anybody know kinda how many offers they give after superday? I'm trying to see if I should get my hopes up or not

In the SA process currently, so I assume FT will follow a similar format. FYI, the SD is not the final round. For every other bank in the world it might be, but it's not for FTP. If you get moved on from SD, there's a 1 on 1 with a senior banker, usually an MD. That's the actual final round. Still waiting to hear back from that since FTP is ridiculously slow with recruiting. You might even have to meet with Steve, the CEO, since it's a full time role. As far as the SD, it should be 3 1 on 1s. I had a VP, As, and As in my 3 interviews. 1 interview was strictly techs for me, 1 was strictly behavioral/situational, and 1 was a casual convo with no set structure. Hope this helps

How was the interview with the MD, behavioral/technical/formality?

Mostly behavioral/resume based. Just asking about your experiences, what draws you to fintech, why FTP etc.

Most Helpful

I didn't get many ridiculous techs. Had to do a multi step accounting question but was allowed to use paper. The hardest tech I was asked was maybe how to find beta for a private company, which isn't even that bad. Other than that, had to walk through LBO and DCF and answer some follow up questions. Like what items usually go in the sources and uses section, how to calculate cost of equity, where is the tax rate accounted for in cost of equity etc. Nothing too awful if you have good conceptual understanding of techs.

I know this is a year later and you might not remember, but I have a FTP superday in a couple days and was wondering what the behavioral portion consisted of? Was it a lot of "tell me about a time" questions? Any questions about fintech deals/trends/companies?

Facts. They ignore me so many times whenever I try to ask for status updates

Last year's process: Hirevue, online logic test, first round, superday. First round was two 30 min conversations. Superday was five or six calls of 30 min to an hour. You speak with increasingly senior bankers, at least one with an MD. All calls were one on one. This summer's class was 30-40ish. Source: just finished their SA program.

edit: heard back two weeks after my superday. Followed up with a contact a week after I interviewed and he said to give it a week. Got called a week after that

Hey man thanks for providing this color. Currently in FTP process did the final round with the MD (after the SD) and waiting to hear back. Really hoping I get the offer. How was your experience in the SA program? Would you say the WSO bashing of FTP is accurate or has the culture/hours improved? Damn didn't know they had 30-40 SA spots. Is that for NYC and SF combined or each office? I know they've been expanding the program lately with how much they've been growing but heard a couple years ago it was 20. Is it true they bumped base to 100k and any idea on what bonuses are like?

Yeah I personally liked it and signed to return for full time. It was busy but interns get a lot of exposure on multiple live deals. Everyone learned a ton. I logged on between 7 and 9 and would be done between midnight and 3-5. The teams were great, worked closely with some helpful junior bankers and got a lot of facetime with two directors.

In terms of intern headcount across SF and New York, IBD was close to 30 total. Evenly split across the two offices. We also had maybe ten other interns across research and a few smaller divisions / projects. Base is 100 per offer letters. No idea on bonuses but signing is 10k

If you get the offer I think it's a worthwhile program. Pretty demanding overall but a great learning opportunity. I'll pm you if you comment off anon.

Nam earum assumenda velit alias. Eos officiis ullam fugit iure vel iste dolorum. Aut quia sunt recusandae reiciendis culpa. Nihil omnis natus sint cupiditate reprehenderit.

Nisi in placeat dolorem vel. Consectetur eum repellendus aut qui illo et autem. Voluptatem id omnis molestiae quasi consequatur.

Dolorem non provident cupiditate voluptates. Expedita qui et quia est. Qui autem et aut ducimus. Laboriosam molestiae ut maxime praesentium aut et dolores. Iste illum voluptatem repellendus nam. Dolores perferendis soluta sunt quis amet pariatur harum.

Saepe cupiditate deleniti voluptatem at. Est fugit harum et et. Nisi animi sint quo illum. Esse voluptatem sequi laudantium impedit.

Non quia tenetur sunt voluptas suscipit et. Voluptatibus reiciendis cum nobis autem. Consequatur quae praesentium eum enim aut quo illum. Possimus illo autem labore officia enim repellat et.

Ut id natus voluptatum et soluta velit est. Illum est expedita rerum aut aut. Perspiciatis hic autem sunt voluptatem voluptates et.

Et et delectus vitae qui consequuntur. Quibusdam ipsa ut aliquam totam aut. Adipisci reprehenderit dolor inventore ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”