Comments (1119)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 23, 2020 - 4:15pm

Bump - Will GS accelerate if I have a superday at another BB?

• Intern in Risk Mnmgt
Jun 23, 2020 - 4:22pm

If I have an offer that explodes July 8th... Would it be possible to get a Superday within that first week of the apps opening up?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 29, 2020 - 1:06pm

I'd say there's a good chance. An alumni at the firm told me to apply by midnight on July 1st and expect to hear back very quickly for first rounds and superdays. Assuming all of this still stands, I'd assume that they can definitely accelerate! Goodluck

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 9:25pm

A recruiter reached out to me urging me to apply ASAP. did anyone else get this

Aug 6, 2020 - 2:57pm
mathapplesr, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Probably not because of COVID from what I heard (from friends). I work at a different bank though so don't take my word for it.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 5:27pm

Will the goldman sachs accelerate superday if i have an offer from a competing BB/EB? (think EVR/PJT/DB/MS)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 5:33pm

Probably won't take DB too seriously

• Prospect in IB - CB
Jun 30, 2020 - 7:11pm

According to a campus recruiter, barring unforseen circumstances the app will open tommorow

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 8:41pm

If I have an offer for a mid office division in GS, and an offer for IB at an EB, do you think they would accelerate my process for IB in GS?

Jun 30, 2020 - 9:04pm
IncomingIBDreject, what's your opinion? Comment below:

International ?

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 9:47pm

Did anyone get this error: "We have noticed that you are trying to apply to a combination of Positions that is not valid"?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 12:01am

I'm also getting this error. Anyone know a fix other than using a different email?

Jun 30, 2020 - 10:11pm
IBmonkey1538, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just double-checking. To submit app's for multiple positions, we do it on the same submission by selecting add another position as opposed to submitting a completely separate application. Is that the way to do it?

Jun 30, 2020 - 11:55pm
FiatCrux, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yes

Array
  • Prospect in Other
Jun 30, 2020 - 10:14pm

did anyone else not receive confirmation email for submission?

• Intern in RE - Comm
Jun 30, 2020 - 10:23pm

I received an individual one for each office I applied to.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:04am

Didn't get emails either. On my portal it says app received tho

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:53am

Also didn't receive and used a personal

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 10:32pm

Is it good enough to land an IB interview if a 3rd year associate pushes my resume to the HR?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:21am

I go to a target and from what I've heard GS is one of the strangest places jn terms of networking and getting interviews. I've heard stories of some kids who networked a lot (6/7 or so solid connects) not land an interview. I also heard that one guy got an interview without even having one call

Jul 1, 2020 - 2:33am
ITNAmatter, what's your opinion? Comment below:

path less traveled

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:23pm

Assuming we put 2021 as the recruiting year?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:34pm

For people who are having issues -- it's because you have another incomplete application you clicked on. You can't delete that application. You have to use a new email address & make a new account to submit

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:35pm

did GS tell you making a new account is best way to go about it? just curious cuz I did notice the unfinished "other" application

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:08am
user6969420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Tomorrow. Only a few locations have opened

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:53am

Per division yes. They worded it weird, but I believe they mean you can apply up to 3 locations for each division you choose. You could submit 3 apps for IB, 3 apps for S&T etc. You can't submit 9 apps for IB though.

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:55am
user6969420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

This is a SA thread Bub

Array
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:10am

is it open

path less traveled

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:40am

classic IB contains coverage groups whereas financing is more LevFin and financial sponsors

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:55am

I don't think you can apply for classic and financing groups for the same location? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:39am

Fucked up forgot to add a second location to my app, should I submit another app with the new location or?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 2, 2020 - 5:30pm

I think you can only submit one application for 2021 SA.

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:42am

I'm currently an incoming student in a masters program. There seems to be no option to add a "to be determined" gpa and a place for past schooling. Anyone have any idea what to do?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 2:33am

Assuming you get to the Hirevue stage for multiple locations, does anyone know whether you'd have to do them separately for each one? Or does each location have the same question set and your first Hirevue will be sent to all applications?

Jul 1, 2020 - 1:08pm
in_tune, what's your opinion? Comment below:

It used not to work at 8am London time, works now.

Jul 1, 2020 - 2:35am

anyone ever create multiple accounts with different emails and apply like 5 times? Gonna run it, chances are too small for the non targets

path less traveled

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:15am

wtf won't someone notice theres multiples of the same resume lol

Jul 1, 2020 - 4:27am
FrenchChad13, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I can't see IBD for London yet. Also my university grades are not out yet, how am I going to do? just give the official paper which says that grades are not ratified yet?

Jul 1, 2020 - 8:24am
1_2_3_4_5, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Do NY applicants get asked to do a hirevue? Was expecting to get hirevue but have not gotten yet. Just submitted like 30 mins ago

Array

Jul 1, 2020 - 8:54am
IncomingIBDreject, what's your opinion? Comment below:

It's selective not automatic

Array

• Prospect in 
Jul 1, 2020 - 8:37am

For Merchant Banking NYC, one of the options is "equity investing". Is that growth equity or something else?

Jul 1, 2020 - 5:03pm
WSO666666, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Hi! I got the reply from GS:" Please note that we do not reject any candidate because of his or her need to obtain appropriate work authorization. And we consider candidates from all backgrounds and are able to sponsor international candidates for work authorization, if successful in the interview process."

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 9:14am

good luck y'all

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 9:19am

just applied and realized I wan to switch one of the positions i applied for, can I withdraw and reapply or does it count as one of our apps

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 10:30am

anyone knows what the process would be like? hirevue immediately after submitting the app?

Jul 1, 2020 - 11:33am
BigYahud, what's your opinion? Comment below:
  1. I'm taking a summer class that ends today and grades will be finalized within two weeks, but I wanna apply today. I already know what I'm getting so can I assume that grade when applying? Also do they ask for transcript on the app?

2. Is there a cover letter?

3. Best advice/suggestions after I eventually submit the app?

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:57pm
liquidiot, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I've had multiple GS people tell me directly to just get your app in within the first 12-14 days and you'll be just fine (assuming HireVue completed at this point as well). WSO people are so aggro for no reason...If you want to be super safe, apply within the first week

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:05pm
jdawg100, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Incoming sophomore, just wanted to know if I can still apply for their sophomore IB program through this app

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:37pm
TackoDonkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

can anyone else not fill out the disability status? I can't sign the box or write my name. lol kinda ironic

Array
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:17pm
qpw, what's your opinion? Comment below:

yeah same here, i submitted my app without filling it tho

Jul 1, 2020 - 6:30pm
arbit-RAGE, what's your opinion? Comment below:

It's one of the questions on the page, above the actual "paper" that you typically fill out in applications.

You most likely selected your disability status but didn't even realize it because you were distracted by the paper. Happens to everyone - I've helped like 3 people with this problem today.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 1, 2020 - 2:29pm

General offer then coverage group specific after offers have been made

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 2:34pm

SF offers are group specific according to their insight day, so as long as you say in your interview that you're recruiting for TMT exclusively, then that will be the position. In the application, no, but during interview stage yes.

• Prospect in 
Jul 1, 2020 - 7:08pm

If SF moves faster, then would this impact our application for New York? For example, if we get a superday or offer from SF, would NY avoid offering an interview? I heard that the locations don't want to compete for candidates.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 4:42pm

Has anyone in diversity program received a HireVue?

Jul 1, 2020 - 5:07pm
2021analyst, what's your opinion? Comment below:

bump

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 5:38pm

stupid question sorry but would "Recruiting year" be 2021 or 2020?

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:11pm

Does anyone know if regional offices (non-NYC) take sophomores for IBD?

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:14pm

Appreciate the reply. Do you which regional offices? I'm not sure whether I should split the 3 applications among other divisions (e.g. GIR, IMD) for NYC office or other regional offices for IBD.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:18pm

When will Apps be reviewed/hirevues be given out?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:31pm

has anyone who recieved an offer during accelerated process heard anything/got official offer letter?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 8:00pm

Nemo sit rerum qui ullam repellat incidunt ut nisi. Magni officia molestias doloribus esse. Ut natus sequi dolor aut.

Veritatis rerum esse ea cupiditate esse. Quibusdam voluptatibus tempore tenetur unde optio dolorum. Rerum consequuntur et et autem. Dicta consectetur pariatur ut ut qui recusandae aspernatur. Explicabo consequatur facilis qui. Non quod et alias eum.

Non adipisci et dolores deleniti molestias. Mollitia dolor voluptas quis blanditiis ad totam. Necessitatibus sed eaque nam laboriosam assumenda quae tempora explicabo.

Consequatur incidunt dolorum magni nihil harum. Aut minus molestiae et rerum in. Autem dolor accusamus eos ut hic impedit commodi. Non ab nisi at doloribus et aut.

Jul 1, 2020 - 9:16pm
whatsib, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Aperiam sint sunt impedit dolor a. Et provident ut dolor eum sed. Voluptatum quod ab sint dolorem officia. Aperiam rerum aut fugiat soluta fuga ea.

Voluptatem quae sint similique est neque voluptas atque iusto. Enim dolorum nihil corporis qui necessitatibus doloremque qui. Autem voluptates veritatis consequatur velit laudantium dolor est.

Possimus ut officiis id iure molestiae velit. Optio minus mollitia voluptatibus a. Et nihil nemo nisi odio sint.

Funniest
  • Summer Associate in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:41pm

Similique fugiat deleniti nostrum porro consequatur. Aliquid voluptas veritatis soluta vitae. Modi et sed nemo sed iusto vitae. Omnis deserunt aut dicta.

Deleniti in nemo rem corporis ut et. Laborum mollitia hic cupiditate dolor. Rerum doloribus quis aliquid ea molestias. Praesentium recusandae officia sequi. Est eius quasi magnam exercitationem eveniet.

Repellat esse veritatis ut sapiente aut mollitia. Similique molestiae quia vel voluptatum. Placeat nihil nobis repudiandae iure et. Aspernatur recusandae vitae sapiente natus voluptas. Doloribus blanditiis reprehenderit iure quidem ducimus sed dignissimos. Est recusandae temporibus nostrum fugit optio vel ut.

Voluptatibus aut dolores ut mollitia. Autem perferendis corrupti est omnis qui et fuga. Ullam suscipit nostrum nisi maiores officiis voluptate voluptates aut. Quia perspiciatis delectus cum quod est aperiam.

Jul 7, 2020 - 4:59pm
whatsib, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Alias consectetur quo saepe dolores sed distinctio. Ab ipsum sapiente eligendi. Quo nihil adipisci fuga ipsam minus quae cum. Placeat aliquam minus eveniet et.

Nihil quasi aperiam aut voluptas nemo dolores vitae. Laboriosam rerum qui vel distinctio illum.

Cum provident natus voluptatem quia est eos. Possimus ullam animi aperiam explicabo quod voluptatibus non. Consequatur eligendi at dicta qui magni et. Cumque nostrum et ratione voluptas maiores dolorem voluptatem. Minus quis et enim qui quia tempora debitis.

• Prospect in 
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:28pm

Tenetur quia sit mollitia error qui dicta nobis. Reprehenderit dicta saepe sit suscipit dolorum. Iure necessitatibus quam reprehenderit qui placeat asperiores. Sit cumque hic sint laudantium vitae sunt.

Ut voluptas dolor fuga debitis alias reiciendis. Assumenda dolor vero non nemo dicta debitis sed. Ipsam vitae culpa dolor veritatis est et. Quisquam voluptatem necessitatibus laboriosam voluptas officia. Esse soluta labore sunt voluptatem ut.

Quis soluta aperiam consequuntur voluptates unde sit doloribus voluptates. Architecto non et animi voluptatem. Qui inventore dolores enim eligendi maxime quod. Aspernatur in et voluptatem ut quas cum quaerat itaque. Vero accusantium harum minus necessitatibus quibusdam quis.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:41pm

Illum consequatur deserunt autem pariatur necessitatibus. Possimus accusamus rerum eos dolores mollitia aut. Sit suscipit qui et autem qui occaecati. Quasi nemo non alias optio dolores doloribus et fugiat.

Labore cum laborum quasi nemo laudantium ut. Distinctio similique eaque perspiciatis praesentium. Vero ex suscipit quidem harum at. Ex neque harum ut dolorem numquam quia.

Nobis tenetur cum accusamus consequatur aut. Animi nobis aspernatur ea rerum aut dolore. Sit facere voluptas aliquid ea illum dolor. Id cumque tempora sed ex neque.

• Prospect in Other
Jul 2, 2020 - 12:26am

Temporibus nostrum quia sint. Provident molestiae magni omnis debitis et. Iure optio nobis inventore.

Nam omnis laboriosam suscipit aut eius. Qui consequatur sed et similique. Ut quas omnis sit dicta sequi eum. Voluptates et voluptas qui quia.

Dolor et at cupiditate nihil vitae. Ratione et aut nisi ex rerum tempore. Et aperiam aliquam non natus.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $661
  • Vice President (36) $393
  • Associates (181) $246
  • 2nd Year Analyst (112) $162
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (17) $156
  • 1st Year Analyst (351) $148
  • Intern/Summer Associate (74) $147
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (272) $91