WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (1119)

• Intern in Risk Mnmgt
Jun 23, 2020 - 4:22pm

If I have an offer that explodes July 8th... Would it be possible to get a Superday within that first week of the apps opening up?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 29, 2020 - 1:06pm

I'd say there's a good chance. An alumni at the firm told me to apply by midnight on July 1st and expect to hear back very quickly for first rounds and superdays. Assuming all of this still stands, I'd assume that they can definitely accelerate! Goodluck

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 9:25pm

A recruiter reached out to me urging me to apply ASAP. did anyone else get this

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2020 - 3:30pm

So confirmed apps still opening July 1st at midnight?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 5:27pm

Will the goldman sachs accelerate superday if i have an offer from a competing BB/EB? (think EVR/PJT/DB/MS)

• Prospect in IB - CB
Jun 30, 2020 - 7:11pm

According to a campus recruiter, barring unforseen circumstances the app will open tommorow

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 8:41pm

If I have an offer for a mid office division in GS, and an offer for IB at an EB, do you think they would accelerate my process for IB in GS?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 9:47pm

Did anyone get this error: "We have noticed that you are trying to apply to a combination of Positions that is not valid"?

• Intern in RE - Comm
Jun 30, 2020 - 10:23pm

I received an individual one for each office I applied to.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:21am

I go to a target and from what I've heard GS is one of the strangest places jn terms of networking and getting interviews. I've heard stories of some kids who networked a lot (6/7 or so solid connects) not land an interview. I also heard that one guy got an interview without even having one call

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:01pm

Anyone know why LA and Toronto are not in the location choice?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:34pm

For people who are having issues -- it's because you have another incomplete application you clicked on. You can't delete that application. You have to use a new email address & make a new account to submit

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 30, 2020 - 11:35pm

did GS tell you making a new account is best way to go about it? just curious cuz I did notice the unfinished "other" application

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:53am

Per division yes. They worded it weird, but I believe they mean you can apply up to 3 locations for each division you choose. You could submit 3 apps for IB, 3 apps for S&T etc. You can't submit 9 apps for IB though.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:55am

I don't think you can apply for classic and financing groups for the same location? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:39am

Fucked up forgot to add a second location to my app, should I submit another app with the new location or?

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Jul 1, 2020 - 1:42am

I'm currently an incoming student in a masters program. There seems to be no option to add a "to be determined" gpa and a place for past schooling. Anyone have any idea what to do?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 2:33am

Assuming you get to the Hirevue stage for multiple locations, does anyone know whether you'd have to do them separately for each one? Or does each location have the same question set and your first Hirevue will be sent to all applications?

Jul 1, 2020 - 2:35am

anyone ever create multiple accounts with different emails and apply like 5 times? Gonna run it, chances are too small for the non targets

path less traveled

Jul 1, 2020 - 4:27am

I can't see IBD for London yet. Also my university grades are not out yet, how am I going to do? just give the official paper which says that grades are not ratified yet?

Jul 1, 2020 - 8:24am

Do NY applicants get asked to do a hirevue? Was expecting to get hirevue but have not gotten yet. Just submitted like 30 mins ago

Array

Jul 1, 2020 - 5:03pm

Hi! I got the reply from GS:" Please note that we do not reject any candidate because of his or her need to obtain appropriate work authorization. And we consider candidates from all backgrounds and are able to sponsor international candidates for work authorization, if successful in the interview process."

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 9:19am

just applied and realized I wan to switch one of the positions i applied for, can I withdraw and reapply or does it count as one of our apps

Jul 1, 2020 - 11:33am
  1. I'm taking a summer class that ends today and grades will be finalized within two weeks, but I wanna apply today. I already know what I'm getting so can I assume that grade when applying? Also do they ask for transcript on the app?

2. Is there a cover letter?

3. Best advice/suggestions after I eventually submit the app?

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:57pm

I've had multiple GS people tell me directly to just get your app in within the first 12-14 days and you'll be just fine (assuming HireVue completed at this point as well). WSO people are so aggro for no reason...If you want to be super safe, apply within the first week

Jul 1, 2020 - 12:37pm

can anyone else not fill out the disability status? I can't sign the box or write my name. lol kinda ironic

Array
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:30pm

It's one of the questions on the page, above the actual "paper" that you typically fill out in applications.

You most likely selected your disability status but didn't even realize it because you were distracted by the paper. Happens to everyone - I've helped like 3 people with this problem today.

Jul 1, 2020 - 1:02pm

To everyone interested in SF - the recruiter I spoke with recommended getting apps in within the first few days of July 1st, as they move faster than NY w/ interviews! Hirevues for NY come out in approximately 2 weeks I think?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 2:34pm

SF offers are group specific according to their insight day, so as long as you say in your interview that you're recruiting for TMT exclusively, then that will be the position. In the application, no, but during interview stage yes.

• Prospect in 
Jul 1, 2020 - 7:08pm

If SF moves faster, then would this impact our application for New York? For example, if we get a superday or offer from SF, would NY avoid offering an interview? I heard that the locations don't want to compete for candidates.

• Prospect in Other
Jul 1, 2020 - 6:14pm

Appreciate the reply. Do you which regional offices? I'm not sure whether I should split the 3 applications among other divisions (e.g. GIR, IMD) for NYC office or other regional offices for IBD.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 8:00pm

Quia dicta ut numquam corporis nostrum. Totam fugiat eum est omnis at. Earum omnis voluptates libero molestias praesentium quos dolorem. Quas blanditiis alias saepe voluptate a id.

Nisi nihil vel quaerat. Aut inventore voluptatem accusamus nisi qui. Et eum cum velit fugit.

Dicta eaque est quos et ipsam. Et veritatis et fugiat et impedit. Laboriosam adipisci qui asperiores voluptas velit sed.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2020 - 9:03pm

Quam quia voluptatibus accusamus deserunt corporis. Voluptatibus et velit quo et. Tempore et illum omnis.

Ab quae modi dolores aut. Sit non qui in. Voluptas repellendus provident qui qui neque deserunt. Quis quis debitis eaque aut consequatur blanditiis.

Ut vel magni ipsam nihil. Blanditiis sit pariatur corporis voluptatibus. Et aut dolor voluptatem et deleniti qui quae. Autem enim hic totam rerum.

Ea unde sunt aperiam nihil dolorem vel. Harum iusto repellat et libero aliquam odit. Omnis aliquid deserunt consectetur fugit sit.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 9:22pm

Qui laudantium praesentium at vel. Temporibus nihil quod expedita. Voluptate eius tempora quis explicabo. Enim amet fugit consequatur laboriosam magnam.

Ea qui quaerat reprehenderit. Aperiam illo velit numquam qui omnis cumque aut. Beatae perferendis magnam ipsam quos.

Et aut similique nulla aut nihil praesentium. Deserunt quis quaerat ipsa sint aut dignissimos fugit. Inventore impedit sunt saepe.

Jul 1, 2020 - 9:16pm

Aspernatur odit rem sint assumenda. Officiis eaque nostrum rerum et vitae reprehenderit veritatis.

Cupiditate quisquam pariatur eligendi et repellat. Accusamus illum velit minus. Consequuntur tempore modi reiciendis dolorem possimus.

In ut neque magnam sed ut. Quam laborum dolores ut cumque voluptas dolores. Occaecati adipisci mollitia mollitia numquam est quam. Ducimus beatae repellat qui sit et laudantium.

Funniest
  • Summer Associate in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:41pm

Fugiat aut voluptas aut autem praesentium. Illum et pariatur omnis amet quis soluta. Possimus et a id odio hic libero.

Et et sed maxime sed. Atque vitae facilis architecto et voluptatem vel.

Neque quae vel aperiam ea ut ab nihil. Et excepturi deleniti ea nisi quia labore ratione natus. Labore dolore sunt qui aperiam ut deleniti sunt.

Odit non cupiditate sint consequatur cumque qui provident doloremque. Vel nobis voluptas corrupti occaecati voluptatibus veritatis.

Jul 7, 2020 - 4:59pm

Eum ipsam sint adipisci cupiditate ut qui. Aperiam repudiandae facilis vero id possimus rem est dignissimos. Non consectetur pariatur sed.

Laudantium sint aspernatur non ut sit minus. Maxime cumque dolor molestiae mollitia. Quo et atque quod qui. Qui aspernatur asperiores consequatur placeat eaque voluptates minus. Iusto cupiditate aut nemo.

Cumque numquam voluptates voluptatibus aspernatur omnis reiciendis commodi. Atque animi unde deleniti sit sint ducimus a. Vel laborum quo sit quisquam.

In distinctio harum voluptatem quia officia incidunt. Mollitia quo error reprehenderit ex animi maxime placeat. Tenetur quis cumque numquam. Vero sit suscipit quidem deleniti dolorem placeat voluptatum.

• Prospect in 
Jul 1, 2020 - 11:28pm

Nemo asperiores error ratione est sequi. Est quis aliquam ut corporis quia nesciunt. Fuga aliquid vel aut impedit temporibus neque qui.

Sapiente tempore et qui doloribus. Nemo cupiditate consectetur in. Aut perspiciatis et ab perferendis aspernatur. Omnis provident temporibus voluptas eaque. Dolorum asperiores quae veritatis ab placeat tempora sint culpa.

Aspernatur exercitationem laborum sed velit corporis nihil porro. Unde quam beatae aut praesentium perferendis similique enim. Ut consectetur cum cumque odio fuga laboriosam. Mollitia qui ut laudantium suscipit tenetur architecto. Nostrum explicabo aut laborum temporibus officia. Atque fugiat consequatur rerum et.

Veniam rerum assumenda provident est. Incidunt ut est quia possimus a itaque. Et nam corporis sed quam.

• Prospect in Other
Jul 2, 2020 - 12:26am

Nam iure error nostrum vel et quasi. Cupiditate architecto iusto labore aut et. Quis molestiae quia sapiente earum sit reiciendis est.

Dolores fuga nemo maiores consequatur. Laborum ipsa perspiciatis deserunt aperiam. Qui quam rerum tenetur illo et. Debitis quibusdam nihil iure delectus enim. Quod quia tempora occaecati voluptatibus. Quae facilis vel et iusto culpa omnis.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (31) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (104) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (501) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (387) $83