I applied for an analyst position at J.P. Morgan. I immediately got an automated reply telling me to continue on HireVue. I did some digging through WSO and I still have some questions.
- Are you allowed multiple tries? It seems J.P. Morgan allowed this for the Wealth Management Jr. Analysts, but I'm not sure if they've changed it.
- Would it be just behavioral questions, or will there also be technical questions?
- Is the timer 30 seconds or 90 seconds? I found conflicting information on this.
Also, if anyone remembers the type of questions they had that'd be super helpful. I'd also love questions that weren't from HireVue, just for practice. I'm looking to actually record myself and practice tonight.
JP Morgan Hirevue Interview
First, it is important to note that different divisions/regions have their interviews structured differently.
WSO user who interviewed for several divisions for JP Morgan and claimed that:
The interview was the same for each interview. I was allowed to record each question 3 times and faced 5 questions.
Here are a couple interview tips from Hire Vue.
For interviews that you are able to re-record answers, you can pause and review after each attempt. You can pause for an unlimited amount of time. Previous guidelines were 30 seconds for each question, with three minutes total.
There's a practice sample question then you get one attempt with each actual question (all behavioral and timed).
Hirevue Interview Practice Questions
Below are some practice questions you can use:
- Why this position? Why are you a good fit for this position? Why this company?
- Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker/customer, and how you handled the situation.
- Talk about your experience in changing roles quickly to achieve an object.
- Why are you a great fit for this position?
- Tell me about a current event that interests you and why?
- What unique experience or expertise could you bring to our team?
- What leadership experience or extracurricular activity on your resume is most important to you and why?
- What efforts do you make to stay on top of the markets on a regular basis?
Offical JP Morgan Hirevue Sample Questions
This is not an exhaustive list.
- Why J.P. Morgan?
- Which skills did you gain during your internship that will make you a good fit for this role?
- Can you tell us about a time you've acted as a leader?
- Why do you think you will succeed in this role? What makes you a good fit?
- What has been your greatest challenge? How did you overcome it?
- What are your best qualities?
- Can you tell us about a time you worked in a team to solve a problem?
- Can you tell us about a time you had to resolve a conflict at work? How did you achieve that? What happened?
- What interests you about current affairs now? Why?
Example Answer to "What are your best qualities?
If facing 30 seconds you should touch on two qualities so that you have time to do a brief SOAR method with them. Read more about the SOAR method in our sample finance interview questions.
I think that one of my best qualities is that I am very receptive to feedback. During my internship last summer, with a local wealth management firm, I was tasked with giving a "mock client" presentation based on request data from the client over the past year. During my first presentation, I made a slide deck and spent 15 minutes talking at my client. After the session, my managers gave me positive feedback on the content but emphasized that I needed to make it more of a conversation in order to find out what their needs were as clients. Going into my next presentation, I was able to make it more conversational and gain a better understanding of the client's needs.
Depending on your division of interest, you will have 5 - 7 questions with 30 seconds to respond. Depending on your division of interest you may have one or three attempts to record your responses.
Learn More About Getting A Job With JP Morgon On WSO
- J.P Morgan Asset/Wealth Management Video Interview
- JP Morgan Private Banking SuperDay
- Want To Wear Polos To Work? JP Morgan Approves
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.