Moelis SA 2021

Prospect in IB-M&A

I haven't seen one so starting one for Moelis' Summer Internship 2021 program. Does anyone have any updates with this regard? My contact says that they will review resumes on a rolling basis but interviews begin in late April - early May. Any other updates?

Comments (384)

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 7, 2020

Not sure myself. Know they already gave out offers to a few diversity candidates from their Young Leadership Development Program, but wondeirng how many spots are left.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 25, 2020

I heard they got about 10-12 from diversity recruiting. Heard it from a friend of a friend though, so not sure how accurate that is. Also don't know if it's just NYC office or overall

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 27, 2020

Heard it was 3 guys and 7 girls from a pretty reliable source

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 8, 2020

Can confirm they hired a couple of diversity candidates, and I believe interview's for regular applicants should kick off anytime now. Will be interesting to see how the FT offers for the incoming summer 2020 analysts class will affect the size of next year's cohort

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020

Spoke with an analyst, said first rounds in late April, superdays/offer in mid-May

May 9, 2020

Hi! I heard the same stuff. Has anyone received an invite for the first-round yet, though?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020

Spoke directly with HR. Can confirm everything people are saying about interviews beginning late April and lasting through May. Only thing I'll add to that is that interviews for regular pool (non-diversity) are not being extended on a rolling basis, as in before the last week of April (the application deadline). Was able to confirm this with HR.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020

So you'd recommend trying to network hard with people now and then submit the application right before the deadline?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020

Also heard it was not rolling from guy I know.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020

I spoke with an analyst at Moelis. they mentioned that while they aren't extended interviews on a rolling basis, they have definitely started reviewing applications.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 9, 2020

What difference does it make whether or not they've started reviewing applications, if they aren't extending interviews based off of that?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 9, 2020

it's helpful because that means that it'll be better for you if you submit it now. everyone will scramble to send in resumes near the deadline so your resume can get lost in the pile. right now, they'll have more time to review.

Apr 12, 2020

Bump

• Prospect in 
Apr 12, 2020

Has anybody heard anything/been invited to their virtual networking sessions?

• Prospect in Other
Apr 13, 2020

yea networking event

• Prospect in 
Apr 13, 2020

For NY?

Apr 16, 2020

Did anyone else have someone from Moelis reach out and say thanks for applying for 2021, we'd like to have a phone chat? I am so confused as I thought Moelis does not start interviewing until May. Do banks usually do this?

Apr 16, 2020

Apr 16, 2020

Just mentioned she was an analyst involved in recruiting.

Apr 16, 2020

Yes

Apr 16, 2020

del

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 16, 2020

Did u network with anyone before this?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020

Moelis did resume-drop chats at my school a few weeks ago (target). Had an analyst reach out early last week for a chat, this may be similar

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 16, 2020

Top candidates should have been reached out to by now

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 16, 2020

Is it a bad sign that no one reached out to me? The analyst I networked with told me moelis usually put candidates in contact with two people so there is no need for me to talk to more people

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020

Yeah in the same position here networked with two people and they said I should be fine. Are you target by any chance?

Apr 16, 2020

non target but Ik people in my school who got the email without networking. wbu?

Array

Apr 16, 2020

i was told by someone on their recruitment committee (a second year analyst) that non diversity first rounds weren't to be given out until end of april/early may. Are you guys saying you got interviews? Or contacts are reaching out to give you heads up notice you will get one?

Apr 16, 2020

Same. I talked to a VP literally yesterday and he told me they're thinking of starting interviews mid-May. Kind of sweating right now then.

Apr 16, 2020

It doesn't say it's an interview, it just said phone chat. I'm just confused on as to what it means because interviews don't start until May

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020

did they reach out on their own to you/is this someone you've never spoken to before? had a moelis analyst respond to a request for a networking call this week when they hadn't responded in the past for a while

Apr 16, 2020

I had never spoken to her before, but I did network with other analysts

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020

Is it alumni? I've had some alumni reach out to me as well - not for Moelis but other BBs who saw my resume and wanted to connect. I don't know if this is the case, but if the email you received is in someway related to getting an interview, I'm gonna be so anxious for not getting one lol

Apr 16, 2020

Not alumni. The call is today, I'll let you know if they mention anything about interviews

Apr 16, 2020

delete

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020

Hey I noticed a few people talking about the Moelis "phone calls." I had mine already a week or two ago so I can shed some light. They are networking calls, not interviews. Moelis hasn't started interviews yet. Treat it like a normal networking call. I noticed a few other banks reaching out to set up networking calls (not interviews).

I've had these calls for 3 separate banks so far.

How it usually works is you are on their "list" via attending a recruiting event before, a resume drop before, etc. etc. and they are reaching out in advance to make networking easier for you.

Apr 17, 2020

Yea they had an event at my school and later sent a link over having a virtual chat/phone call.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 21, 2020

which banks and are you target?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 17, 2020

Confirmed first round interviews for NYC will be end of april from second year

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 21, 2020

Can we expect interviews from next week seeing that apps end this Friday?

Funniest
  • Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 21, 2020

Update from Moelis HR: "Due to the unprecedented situation of the covid-19 crisis, all SA applicants will automatically receive offers."

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 22, 2020

For those of you who got those networking calls, did you already submit your application before getting those invites?

Apr 24, 2020

No

• Prospect in _none
Apr 22, 2020

What date are their first rounds in may

Apr 24, 2020

when do moelis first rounds come out?

Array

Apr 24, 2020

Apr 24, 2020

how do you know so precisely?

Apr 24, 2020

as in you get the notification on the 28th. does everyone agree interviews are May 10th if you get one?

Apr 24, 2020

May 12 - Start of first round interviews
May 19 - Start of superdays
Everything should wrap up by May 27th

Array

Apr 24, 2020

yes i think we're trying to figure out how much time we might have in between finding out if we've received an interview

Apr 25, 2020

how did you know?

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 24, 2020

Any update on Houston SA process?

Apr 25, 2020

-

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 25, 2020

Yep! Moelis took a handful of Canadian's for this upcoming summer and I know they'll sponsor again for SA2021.

Apr 27, 2020

What office you looking at?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 26, 2020

Anyone had first rounds for Houston?

Apr 26, 2020

Has anyone applied to the LA office?

Apr 27, 2020

yes. (target)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 28, 2020

Yup.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 28, 2020

Target kids love saying target even when it's completely unneccesary lol

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020

Heard in one of the online info sessions that Non-core students would be a separate process from target schools. Would anyone have any other information?

Apr 27, 2020

has anyone received an invite to a first round ? for NYC also what can we expect in the first round

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020

you did? when did you apply and are you a target?

Apr 27, 2020

deadline was yesterday and I go to a target. I haven't heard back yet but first rounds are tomorrow so I was wondering if they may have sent them out earlier

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020

Any updates on LA office?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 27, 2020

talked to associate yesterday. apps closed yesterday, sounds like 1st rounds begin in mid-may for non-targets

Apr 27, 2020

Is it the same timeline for NY non target?

Apr 27, 2020

This echoes what a VP said a few backs as well.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 28, 2020

Recruiter for my target also confirmed LA office interviews should start mid-May. So should be same for target and non target, in that case.

Apr 30, 2020

delete

Apr 27, 2020

Any updates

Apr 27, 2020

Was told there would be an update by this Friday (May 1)

Apr 27, 2020

-

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020

first rounds out for nyc for target starting 29th, la is later

Apr 28, 2020

When did you get the email? At a target (not for moelis) and unsure when we'd be updated

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 27, 2020

Does anyone know when interviews for non-targets will come out? NYC

Apr 28, 2020

received the email that people should be informed by May 1st. I have a first round with Chicago Wednesday with possible superday this Friday. Does anyone know what to expect for 1st round interview?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 28, 2020

Are you a target or a non-target?

Apr 28, 2020

target

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 28, 2020

Are RX questions common for Moelis, either first-round or superday?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 28, 2020

I got debt related questions during my first round

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 1, 2020

Like 400 q guide debt related or Moyer?

• Prospect in 
May 5, 2020

Did you apply for the generalist program or was it for restructuring?

• Prospect in 
Apr 28, 2020

Anyone information on Hong Kong?

May 4, 2020

Bump

Apr 29, 2020

Anyone hear back for first rounds NY? Go to a non-core moelis yet target (HYP) school.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2020

I heard back, but I'm at a target school

Apr 29, 2020

you were notified about a first round?

Apr 29, 2020

Anyone from non-target schools heard back about first rounds?

Apr 29, 2020

Not yet, no

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

Not yet either, networked hard too

May 11, 2020

has anyone heard back?

Array

May 11, 2020

I guess all first-rounds are out. Have some friends got it. And considering small analyst classes our gigs are done here

Array

Apr 29, 2020

I can speak on Chicago office that 1st rounds were today and turnaround is fast with super day candidates on Friday

Apr 30, 2020

-

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2020

When do you hear back for superdays on Friday?

Apr 30, 2020

30 minute phone interview all technicals

May 2, 2020

Are offers out for Chicago yet?

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 6, 2020

Should be

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

Is there going to be more waves of first rounds for NY?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

Definitely. Have heard that Non-target for Moelis NY doesn't kick off until later

Apr 30, 2020

isn't moelis target only 4 schools?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

Source?

Apr 30, 2020

where did u hear this?

• Prospect in Other
Apr 30, 2020

The virtual information session for Moelis stated that first rounds will begin May 12. That my be the non-target first round date. Also does anyone else's application say "Status: In Process"?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

I think everyone's status is "In process" (including mine).

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 1, 2020

I got an offer from Moelis (diversity) and pretty sure my application said "Status: In Process" even after my superday lol

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020

Any word on SF?

Apr 30, 2020

Received first round yesterday, taking place next week.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020
Comment
May 1, 2020
Comment

Array

May 1, 2020
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
May 1, 2020
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
May 1, 2020