Moelis SA 2021

Subscribe

I haven't seen one so starting one for Moelis' Summer Internship 2021 program. Does anyone have any updates with this regard? My contact says that they will review resumes on a rolling basis but interviews begin in late April - early May. Any other updates?

Comments (389)

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 7, 2020 - 2:08pm

Not sure myself. Know they already gave out offers to a few diversity candidates from their Young Leadership Development Program, but wondeirng how many spots are left.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 8, 2020 - 8:21pm

Can confirm they hired a couple of diversity candidates, and I believe interview's for regular applicants should kick off anytime now. Will be interesting to see how the FT offers for the incoming summer 2020 analysts class will affect the size of next year's cohort

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020 - 8:50pm

Spoke with an analyst, said first rounds in late April, superdays/offer in mid-May

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020 - 9:10pm

Spoke directly with HR. Can confirm everything people are saying about interviews beginning late April and lasting through May. Only thing I'll add to that is that interviews for regular pool (non-diversity) are not being extended on a rolling basis, as in before the last week of April (the application deadline). Was able to confirm this with HR.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 8, 2020 - 9:20pm

I spoke with an analyst at Moelis. they mentioned that while they aren't extended interviews on a rolling basis, they have definitely started reviewing applications.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 9, 2020 - 10:13am

What difference does it make whether or not they've started reviewing applications, if they aren't extending interviews based off of that?

Array

Apr 16, 2020 - 2:37am

Did anyone else have someone from Moelis reach out and say thanks for applying for 2021, we’d like to have a phone chat? I am so confused as I thought Moelis does not start interviewing until May. Do banks usually do this?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020 - 9:34pm

Moelis did resume-drop chats at my school a few weeks ago (target). Had an analyst reach out early last week for a chat, this may be similar

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 16, 2020 - 4:41am

Is it a bad sign that no one reached out to me? The analyst I networked with told me moelis usually put candidates in contact with two people so there is no need for me to talk to more people

Array

Apr 16, 2020 - 5:08am

i was told by someone on their recruitment committee (a second year analyst) that non diversity first rounds weren’t to be given out until end of april/early may. Are you guys saying you got interviews? Or contacts are reaching out to give you heads up notice you will get one?

Apr 16, 2020 - 9:51am

It doesn’t say it’s an interview, it just said phone chat. I’m just confused on as to what it means because interviews don’t start until May

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020 - 9:55am

did they reach out on their own to you/is this someone you've never spoken to before? had a moelis analyst respond to a request for a networking call this week when they hadn't responded in the past for a while

Array

Apr 16, 2020 - 10:01am

I had never spoken to her before, but I did network with other analysts

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 16, 2020 - 9:56pm

Hey I noticed a few people talking about the Moelis "phone calls." I had mine already a week or two ago so I can shed some light. They are networking calls, not interviews. Moelis hasn't started interviews yet. Treat it like a normal networking call. I noticed a few other banks reaching out to set up networking calls (not interviews).

I've had these calls for 3 separate banks so far.

How it usually works is you are on their "list" via attending a recruiting event before, a resume drop before, etc. etc. and they are reaching out in advance to make networking easier for you.

Array

Funniest
  • Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 21, 2020 - 12:08pm

Update from Moelis HR: "Due to the unprecedented situation of the covid-19 crisis, all SA applicants will automatically receive offers."

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 22, 2020 - 5:41pm

For those of you who got those networking calls, did you already submit your application before getting those invites?

Array

• Prospect in _none
Apr 22, 2020 - 11:32pm

What date are their first rounds in may

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 24, 2020 - 4:55pm

May 12 - Start of first round interviews
May 19 - Start of superdays
Everything should wrap up by May 27th

Array

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 24, 2020 - 9:30pm

Any update on Houston SA process?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020 - 10:05am

Heard in one of the online info sessions that Non-core students would be a separate process from target schools. Would anyone have any other information?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 28, 2020 - 1:25am

Recruiter for my target also confirmed LA office interviews should start mid-May. So should be same for target and non target, in that case.

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 27, 2020 - 11:45pm

Does anyone know when interviews for non-targets will come out? NYC

Array

Apr 28, 2020 - 12:10am

received the email that people should be informed by May 1st. I have a first round with Chicago Wednesday with possible superday this Friday. Does anyone know what to expect for 1st round interview?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 30, 2020 - 2:28pm

Is there going to be more waves of first rounds for NY?

Array

• Prospect in Other
Apr 30, 2020 - 4:08pm

The virtual information session for Moelis stated that first rounds will begin May 12. That my be the non-target first round date. Also does anyone else's application say "Status: In Process"?

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (256) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (142) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (134) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (564) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (545) $82

Leaderboard See all