Pages

SA and Full Time Recruiting 2020 thread

John-Jacobs1's picture

Wanted to better organize the 2020 recruiting here instead of my previous post. @AndyLouis

Current 2020 SA Info:

champagnepaki:

Not really. Sure the WSJ article from this past Fall brought awareness and the process will probably be a little slower this year, but all of my contacts are indicating or openly sharing with me that things are still going to ramp up hard this Spring.

I just went on office visits to virtually every BB/MM/EB a few weeks ago, and was given the scoop on recruiting as part of my university's program for select students pursuing careers on the street.

The general consensus is things are still accelerated. I know a lot of places are going to start phone screens next month.

Here's what I've gathered from my trip, this is 100% from reps/HR at these banks:

• Moelis & Rothschild 2020 apps are open already
  • As you are aware, Gugg processes have already begun
  • Barclays has already opened their diversity apps and interviews are in March/April
  • Citi S&T will kick off, and be done in March at my school
  • CS apps will be opening soon, they are not slowing down from Spring recruiting
  • BAML, JP Morgan, and GS all are slowing down but definitely aren't gonna be "relaxed"
  • MS process kicks off in March at my school
  • WF actually moved to Fall
  • A lot of MM's are sticking to routine schedule: Jefferies, Houlihan, etc. are sticking to Summer/Fall

What I've gathered is that those pursuing SA '20 need to be ready for their interviews by the end of next month. Hopefully you've been networking, because you'll need your contacts in the coming months for resume pushes and the like. People who haven't networked at all when Spring comes around are basically screwed and are gonna have to rely on being the huge minority that get through from virtual resume screens alone.

2020 FT Info:

thecoolkid1234:

FT will always late july/early august for networking events for EB with first rounds happening early to mid August.

Interviews occur around late august to early September for BB.

There will be occasional interviews that doesn't follow this norm and could be much later (Citi FIG around eary October) but generally timeline above will hold true.

Will update this post occasionally.

2/6/19: CS apps are live

Comments (252)

Feb 2, 2019

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll get it going by reminding people BAML Sophomore Program (in April; Step Ahead for Banking/IMD/Markets) HireVues are due tomorrow.

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Feb 4, 2019

No problem, thanks for the info. Should be very helpful once the 2020 cycle picks up steam.

Feb 5, 2019

Is that program only for diversity sophomores?

Feb 3, 2019

bump

Feb 2, 2019

edit: lazard, cs, moelis, roths, and now gugg are open

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Feb 10, 2019

Can't seem to find roths, is it on their website?

Edit: Found it on glassdoor

Feb 21, 2019

Any ideas on the interview timeline for these^?

Feb 4, 2019

bump, any new info?

Feb 5, 2019

While many banks are accelerated, it's still early in the process. No need to try to fill this thread now - it will become active as recruiting approaches and processes kick off.

Funniest
Feb 3, 2019

Processes have already kicked off it's not 'early'

Feb 6, 2019

Credit Suisse just opened yesterday.

Feb 4, 2019

thanks, updated the main post with the info.

Feb 7, 2019

Do banks do diversity recruitment for freshman or is the best bet to cold-call?

Feb 9, 2019

HL just has kicked off its 2020 SA process at my school.

Mar 27, 2019

Do you know when they'll start first round interviews?

Feb 13, 2019

Any tips on how someone at a non-target with no previous IB experience should approach FT 2020 recruiting? I have contacts at most of the EB/BB but mostly in ER. Am I screwed?

Feb 4, 2019

In a similar boat as you and going for FT positions as well, would also be interested to know.

Feb 19, 2019

Feb 19, 2019

What can you do to decrease the difficulty? Just a lot of networking and prep?

Mar 2, 2019

how much harder is FT recruiting for int'l students studying in the US?

Mar 6, 2019

FT recruiting even with an ibd internship from a large bank is brutal trying to move up a tier or changing cities. Bar is significantly higher for a couple spots at most in a class. The process can be very quick at places so it's imperative you have a connection to boost your odds.

I would contact a bunch of people before the summer, update once during the internship, and then after, especially if you have a return offer.

Feb 14, 2019

WSO's COO (Chief Operating Orangutan) | My Linkedin

Feb 2, 2019

Feb 3, 2019

Feb 2, 2019

Feb 5, 2019

Barclays and Citi are going to be wrapping S&T superdays in late March/early April at my school (target). Does anyone know if IB recruiting at targets for these banks are following a similar timeline?

Feb 2, 2019

Seems to line up. Citi will begin and finish S&T by mid-march at my university. Citi IBD at my however is only doing info sessions in March so far. I don't know when they plan to interview yet.

Barclays IBD just did first round interviews on campus for the diversity super-day in April at my school in the last 2 weeks.

Feb 21, 2019

Stop spreading bad info. All the banks that have came to my target (Moelis, Evercore, BAML, Guggenheim, etc) have let us know that recruiting is SET BACK TO NORMAL - with first rounds in August.

Chill out everyone.

Feb 21, 2019

Not hearing the same thing here.

Feb 2, 2019

Not bad info. Guggenheim is doing final rounds on campus at my school in April. Evercore has always been Summer. Moelis apps have been open. Moelis is coming ON campus for first round interviews @ my school next month (not coffee/info session).

Citi is holding final rounds for S&T 2020 at my school in mid-march. CS will be done with first rounds on campus by May.

The only bank that you can be confident will have first rounds in August is BAML, because they're actually being strict about not opening apps until July.

Feb 22, 2019

It really depends. I have a potential superday with Citi in March so SA is still accelerated.

Feb 26, 2019

Citi looks like they opened 2020 apps, but the posting date is 12/18/18 so i'm skeptical

Feb 2, 2019

citi sa 2020 has been open, they're interviewing on campus in a couple weeks

Mar 11, 2019

are citi IBD apps closed?

Array

Mar 1, 2019

bump. any new information?

Feb 2, 2019

have been told first wave of barclays sophomore springboard invites will go out by this friday
source: barclays ibd associate in nyc

Mar 2, 2019

jpm campus recruiter i know posted this on LI the other day that gives some insight into JPM's IB recruiting timeline: https://careers.jpmorgan.com/US/en/about-us/news-a...

Feb 2, 2019

Evercore official apps opening in July 2019 confirmed

Mar 5, 2019

source?

Feb 2, 2019

My school's handshake. Coffee chats are being held in a couple weeks, and the application for coffee chats explicitly states "Summer 2020 applications will open in July 2019"

Feb 3, 2019

He's right, can confirm July 2019.

Mar 17, 2019

I was talking to the analyst recruiter at an HR event and she said the same thing

Feb 19, 2019

--

Feb 26, 2019

where are you seeing them? the website doesn't have a careers section

Feb 4, 2019

Linkedin

Mar 6, 2019

What's the deadline? I might of missed it but I don't see it on the LinkedIn post.

Feb 19, 2019

--

Feb 2, 2019

Just got invited to Barclays Sophomore Springboard in April. Still waiting to hear back on Guggenheim for the March 29 superday

Feb 3, 2019

Gugg has a superday coming up? I talked with an alum who said they haven't made any moves yet besides their sophomore springboard program that is a feeder? Is that what you're referring to or something else?

Feb 2, 2019

sophomore focus program, it includes superday on the 29

Mar 6, 2019

Baird 2020 SA applications are open.

Mar 7, 2019

Believe this was already mentioned, but update from WF recruiter:

"Recruiting at our core schools will take place in the fall. Right now we are targeting to have their application go live on 8/1 and then to conduct interviews in late August/early September."

Mar 8, 2019

Gugg NYC came to my school in Nov and sent an email that said they're pushing back to Fall - but just saw that they opened their 2020 apps? Did they accelerate?

Feb 3, 2019

They are def not pushing to fall considering their SA 2020 apps been open for almost a month now.

Mar 8, 2019

RBC has been open since August. Doesn't mean anything. Spoke to someone there and was told it'd be pushed back to fall

Array
Mar 9, 2019

So are Barclays Summer Analyst IB applications out for 2020 yet? Havent found them.

Feb 3, 2019

No, not out yet

Apr 10, 2019

When do barclays 2020 apps open?

Mar 11, 2019

MS apps are open for SA

Array

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Feb 3, 2019

Rothschild first and final rounds in August/September apparently now...weird they def pushed it back unless the notice I got was more of a formality or just for my school

Feb 26, 2019

got the same email for my school as well. they definitely decided to push back

Feb 3, 2019

Hmmm interesting

Apr 2, 2019

So people could wait and apply till around June and it'd be the same as applying now?

Feb 3, 2019

No their apps are already closed for SA 2020

Mar 15, 2019

What is the timeline for non-campus recruiting? When do apps open?

Mar 15, 2019

Are we talking about NYC (US) or London (EMEA)? Or both? Thanks.

Feb 2, 2019

This discussion has been focused on 100% NYC/USA so far mate

Mar 15, 2019

Has anyone done MS SA hirevue questions by any chance?

Feb 2, 2019

yeah, two questions, 30 sec prep time, 90 sec answer time. the questions are on another thread verbatim but know a deal and a time you struggled or had a problem

Mar 15, 2019

Do you know if everyone gets a hirevue at MS ??

Mar 15, 2019

everyone gets a hirevue -- it's part of the initial application.

Mar 15, 2019

Thanks and do you know when we're suppose to hear back after the hirevue done

Mar 1, 2019

Mar 1, 2019

When will credit suisse and citi 2020 IBD apps close / when will they be interviewing?

Mar 15, 2019

Citi according to an article in the WSJ is already done

Mar 1, 2019

Wtf, they filled their entire 2020 SA class already?

Mar 29, 2019

Can accurately say that Citi LA begins their recruiting process in mid April

Mar 16, 2019

Good luck to everyone going through this process. Keep your head up as the lows can be very low, but trust me, they are well worth it when you land a spot

Mar 17, 2019

Has anyone heard back from the BAML "Step Ahead: Banking, Markets & Investment Management Diversity & Inclusion Forum?"

Mar 18, 2019

Long ago. We already had to book travel arrangements.

Mar 19, 2019

As someone new to the IB world and has no knowledge of the recruitment process. Any tips or things I should be doing now to land a FT in the fall?

Mar 18, 2019

Start grabbing coffee and emailing every senior at your school.

Mar 9, 2019

Has anyone heard anything from Lazard yet for IB 2020 Summer Analyst programs?

Mar 18, 2019

Nope, but going to their sophomore event March *(Edit: April) * 5th so if there's still no info I'll post what we're told there.

Mar 20, 2019

Can't be March 5, since day has passed. Diversity day is April 5, women's day is March 29.

Mar 20, 2019

They are going to be doing an early application program with a deadline first week of april, interviewing/superdays in May/June. Then another regular application program with interviews in the fall. They just came to my school for an info session.

Mar 11, 2019

Any update on the Rothschild & co SA applications?

Array

Feb 2, 2019

they've pushed recruiting back to summer/fall. sent an email to us last week

Mar 27, 2019

Anyone knows the timelines for Hong Kong IBD? Especially for Houlihan Lokey and Moelis

Mar 20, 2019

Has anybody gotten first rounds yet for 2020 CS IBD or any other division? When do they usually begin to roll them out?

Apr 2, 2019

I just did the online assessment, I heard from a VP alum that they are mainly doing diversity recruiting right now but will start aggressively recruiting towards fall

Mar 21, 2019

Citi S&T will be have completed most, if not all, of the first rounds by the end of March with superday on the weekend of April 12th.

Mar 21, 2019

Weekend as in a Saturday?

Mar 21, 2019

That legit doesn't really make sense, as this whole month has been dedicated to interviewing candidates from Early ID Program, why would they be interviewing regular candidates at the same time?

Feb 2, 2019

That's just facts yo, Citi S&T will be done recruiting at my school by March 28 (SA20, non-diversity)

Mar 15, 2019

I know IBD is open for Lazard already, ut do anyone know if or when AM lazard is opening ?

Mar 21, 2019

Anyone know if Goldman and JP Morgan are still doing accelerated diversity interviews, even if they are pushing their regular timelines back?

Apr 16, 2019

I don't think they are. I tried to accelerate but HR explicitly say they will firmly stick with their initial timeline, especially they have been THE bank that's outwardly making the push.

Mar 22, 2019

Has anyone heard back for the GS 2019 Los Angeles Insight Day?

Mar 22, 2019

We should be hearing back on Monday right?

Mar 22, 2019

I imagine that would have to be the case because they have to get flights in order. Where did you hear this?

Apr 2, 2019

heard back, what about you?

Mar 23, 2019

I've heard from the recruiter that within next week people will get acceptance emails on rolling basis

Mar 22, 2019

Do you know if they will be extending early superday invites from the insight day this year?

Mar 22, 2019

Anyone heard from Morgan Stanley after the hirevue yet?

Mar 15, 2019

Not yet, applied FI S&T did hirevue 1.5 week ago and still nothing

Feb 2, 2019

had first round with MS FI S&T through an informal invite only event on campus

Mar 9, 2019

Anyone hear back from Baird phone screens yet? Any information on when Superday invitations are being sent out?

Feb 3, 2019

Haven't heard back and no idea on when their superday is, but I have another phone screen for one of their other offices coming up now too.

Mar 25, 2019

Has anyone heard of anything on when CS and Citi 2020 non-core IB apps are closing? I know Citi is open but when does CS open and when do both apps close?

Mar 25, 2019

CS has been open.

Mar 25, 2019

Okay, thank you for that notification. Do you happen to know when the apps close?

Mar 26, 2019

When will Morgan Stanley have its superday?

Mar 26, 2019

Has anyone had a MS first round? I applied two weeks but haven't heard back. I also go to a target school.

Mar 27, 2019

Hey I'm also at a target for MS and haven't heard anything. Which divisions did you apply for?

Mar 15, 2019

Have you heard back yet ?

Mar 27, 2019

Have you done the HireVue online video yet? I'm applying to Toronto and was just wondering what to expect. Thank you!

Mar 30, 2019

First question: talk about recent deal you read about

Second Question: time where you saw something wrong and what you did about it

Also I believe phone screens are occurred for Toronto last week, but not 100%

PM if you have anymore questions

Mar 11, 2019

Any updates for Nomura SA and its timeline?

Array

Mar 9, 2019

Piper Jaffray IB SA opens in April -- Sourced from Careers website

Mar 28, 2019

when is lazard opening?

Mar 8, 2019

Lazard has already opened.

Array
Mar 28, 2019

isnt that just lazard middle markets?

Mar 25, 2019

Mar 25, 2019

Has anyone heard of anything on when CS, Citi, and MS 2020 non-core IB apps are closing?

Apr 16, 2019

For Citi, they are reviewing apps now and will release first-rounds at the end of this month.
Source: Citi HR VP

Mar 15, 2019

I dont know what you are talking about i know many people who did superdays already

Feb 3, 2019

This isn't true. Citi IBD offers have been given out and they are wrapping up (non-diversity too), S&T superday is early May.

Mar 22, 2019

GS LA Insight Day invitations are out.

Mar 31, 2019

Has anyone gotten an invite for the GS Houston Insight Day? Or Evercore Houston IB Simulation program?

Mar 31, 2019

GS recently came to my campus and informed us that the GS Houston Insight Day will now be on April 12 and invitations will be released on April 5.

Apr 2, 2019

Does anyone know UBS's timeline for SA or am I too late?

Mar 26, 2019

UBS will start later. Probably July.

Mar 11, 2019

Any updates for Deloitte CF and their timeline?

Array

Mar 27, 2019

I'm at Deloitte CF this summer. As for their timeline, DNLC applicants get first dibs and then the normal recruitment will be out Aug/Sept (At least for Canada)

Mar 11, 2019

Thanks! What is DNLC?

Array

Apr 3, 2019

GS Houston insight day just got released

Mar 26, 2019

Hi everyone, can someone please comment which banks have opened their apps? So far I know Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Lazard, RBC are open? Which ones am I missing?

Apr 4, 2019

Pretty sure DB isn't open yet. They should open in July

Apr 7, 2019

It looks as though they are open?

www(dot)db(dot)com/careers/en/grad/role-search/job_search_results.html#country=231&career_level=11

Apr 4, 2019

So far I believe it is:

• Baird
  • Lazard
  • Moelis
  • RBC
  • Morgan Stanley
  • Credit Suisse
  • Houlihan Lokey
  • Key Banc

There might be a couple more but I am not 100% sure

Apr 4, 2019

Thank you Sneaker-Head. Very cool!

Feb 2, 2019

I've submitted 2020 apps to all of the following firms already, most were on handshake at an east coast target. A lot of these banks have already done 1st rounds on campus. The only bank that I know has already wrapped up at my school (can't speak for others) is Citi.

• Moelis
  • Lazard
  • Evercore (Core schools, not general)
  • PWP
  • TPHco
  • Houlihan Lokey
  • Guggenheim
  • Rothschild
  • JPM (CCBSI)
  • Morgan Stanley
  • BofA
  • Barclays
  • Citi
  • Credit Suisse
  • Wells Fargo S&T (IB in Fall)
  • RBC
  • Key Banc
  • Baird
  • SVB Leerink
  • Sawaya Partners

Edit: I commented this in late March 2019. I don't know why it says I posted this comment on Feb 2, 2019.

Mar 9, 2019

Does anyone know a timeline for Houlihan Lokey?

Mar 28, 2019

^^^

Apr 7, 2019

the LA office started phone interviews for M&A and Restructuring.

Apr 16, 2019

Target school for HL. HR told us they are being very flexible, accept candidates starting now up till fall. Technically they are filled on a rolling basis but that's chill. She said apply when you feel ready don't have to rush.

Most Helpful
Mar 20, 2019

Anyone else think this thread is way too long? SA and FT needs to be broken out.
If you're inquiring about a specific company, START A NEW THREAD with title: 2020 Company Name, and SA vs FT.

Apr 6, 2019

^^^

Feb 2, 2019

chill out it's cool to have all of sa20 info crowdsourced here, threads get lost easily. also i agree that "FT" should be taken out of this thread's title this should be just SA

Mar 31, 2019

Has anyone gotten an invite for the Evercore Houston Simulation program?

Mar 28, 2019

have u? i still have not

Mar 31, 2019

no, anyone else?

Apr 10, 2019

pjt started. apps open alr

Feb 2, 2019

yeah pjt is open, goldman came and held first round "coffee chats" on campus today but it was private invite only event u had to apply to

Pages