SA and Full Time Recruiting 2020 thread

Wanted to better organize the 2020 recruiting here instead of my previous post. AndyLouis

Current 2020 SA Info:

champagnepaki:

Not really. Sure the WSJ article from this past Fall brought awareness and the process will probably be a little slower this year, but all of my contacts are indicating or openly sharing with me that things are still going to ramp up hard this Spring.

I just went on office visits to virtually every BB/MM/EB a few weeks ago, and was given the scoop on recruiting as part of my university's program for select students pursuing careers on the street.

The general consensus is things are still accelerated. I know a lot of places are going to start phone screens next month.

Here's what I've gathered from my trip, this is 100% from reps/HR at these banks:

• Moelis & Rothschild 2020 apps are open already
  • As you are aware, Gugg processes have already begun
  • Barclays has already opened their diversity apps and interviews are in March/April
  • Citi S&T will kick off, and be done in March at my school
  • CS apps will be opening soon, they are not slowing down from Spring recruiting
  • BAML, JP Morgan, and GS all are slowing down but definitely aren't gonna be "relaxed"
  • MS process kicks off in March at my school
  • WF actually moved to Fall
  • A lot of MM's are sticking to routine schedule: Jefferies, Houlihan, etc. are sticking to Summer/Fall

What I've gathered is that those pursuing SA '20 need to be ready for their interviews by the end of next month. Hopefully you've been networking, because you'll need your contacts in the coming months for resume pushes and the like. People who haven't networked at all when Spring comes around are basically screwed and are gonna have to rely on being the huge minority that get through from virtual resume screens alone.

2020 FT Info:

thecoolkid1234:

FT will always late july/early august for networking events for EB with first rounds happening early to mid August.

Interviews occur around late august to early September for BB.

There will be occasional interviews that doesn't follow this norm and could be much later (Citi FIG around eary October) but generally timeline above will hold true.

Will update this post occasionally.

2/6/19: CS apps are live

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (485)

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Feb 2, 2019 - 7:45pm

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll get it going by reminding people BAML Sophomore Program (in April; Step Ahead for Banking/IMD/Markets) HireVues are due tomorrow.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Feb 5, 2019 - 11:15pm

While many banks are accelerated, it's still early in the process. No need to try to fill this thread now - it will become active as recruiting approaches and processes kick off.

Array
Mar 6, 2019 - 4:03pm

FT recruiting even with an ibd internship from a large bank is brutal trying to move up a tier or changing cities. Bar is significantly higher for a couple spots at most in a class. The process can be very quick at places so it's imperative you have a connection to boost your odds.

I would contact a bunch of people before the summer, update once during the internship, and then after, especially if you have a return offer.

Feb 20, 2019 - 11:12am

Barclays and Citi are going to be wrapping S&T superdays in late March/early April at my school (target). Does anyone know if IB recruiting at targets for these banks are following a similar timeline?

Array
  • Anonymous Monkey
Feb 21, 2019 - 7:12pm

Seems to line up. Citi will begin and finish S&T by mid-march at my university. Citi IBD at my however is only doing info sessions in March so far. I don't know when they plan to interview yet.

Barclays IBD just did first round interviews on campus for the diversity super-day in April at my school in the last 2 weeks.

• Anonymous Monkey
Feb 21, 2019 - 7:10pm

Not bad info. Guggenheim is doing final rounds on campus at my school in April. Evercore has always been Summer. Moelis apps have been open. Moelis is coming ON campus for first round interviews @ my school next month (not coffee/info session).

Citi is holding final rounds for S&T 2020 at my school in mid-march. CS will be done with first rounds on campus by May.

The only bank that you can be confident will have first rounds in August is BAML, because they're actually being strict about not opening apps until July.

• Anonymous Monkey
Mar 6, 2019 - 11:43am

Just got invited to Barclays Sophomore Springboard in April. Still waiting to hear back on Guggenheim for the March 29 superday

Mar 6, 2019 - 1:15pm

Gugg has a superday coming up? I talked with an alum who said they haven't made any moves yet besides their sophomore springboard program that is a feeder? Is that what you're referring to or something else?

Array
Mar 7, 2019 - 6:09pm

Believe this was already mentioned, but update from WF recruiter:

"Recruiting at our core schools will take place in the fall. Right now we are targeting to have their application go live on 8/1 and then to conduct interviews in late August/early September."

Mar 13, 2019 - 4:04pm

Rothschild first and final rounds in August/September apparently now...weird they def pushed it back unless the notice I got was more of a formality or just for my school

Array
  • Anonymous Monkey
Mar 15, 2019 - 3:49pm

yeah, two questions, 30 sec prep time, 90 sec answer time. the questions are on another thread verbatim but know a deal and a time you struggled or had a problem

Mar 20, 2019 - 10:08am

They are going to be doing an early application program with a deadline first week of april, interviewing/superdays in May/June. Then another regular application program with interviews in the fall. They just came to my school for an info session.

Array
  • Prospect in AM - Equities
Mar 20, 2019 - 10:20am

Anyone knows the timelines for Hong Kong IBD? Especially for Houlihan Lokey and Moelis

Apr 16, 2019 - 12:09am

I don't think they are. I tried to accelerate but HR explicitly say they will firmly stick with their initial timeline, especially they have been THE bank that's outwardly making the push.

Mar 24, 2019 - 8:56pm

Haven't heard back and no idea on when their superday is, but I have another phone screen for one of their other offices coming up now too.

Array
Mar 27, 2019 - 5:12pm

Have you done the HireVue online video yet? I'm applying to Toronto and was just wondering what to expect. Thank you!

Array
Mar 30, 2019 - 1:51am

First question: talk about recent deal you read about

Second Question: time where you saw something wrong and what you did about it

Also I believe phone screens are occurred for Toronto last week, but not 100%

PM if you have anymore questions

• Intern in 
Apr 16, 2019 - 7:42pm

This isn't true. Citi IBD offers have been given out and they are wrapping up (non-diversity too), S&T superday is early May.

Apr 4, 2019 - 3:18pm

I'm at Deloitte CF this summer. As for their timeline, DNLC applicants get first dibs and then the normal recruitment will be out Aug/Sept (At least for Canada)

Array
Apr 5, 2019 - 2:01am

In non corporis eligendi alias laboriosam possimus qui. Et architecto ut adipisci dolore nihil fuga. Molestiae quia sequi expedita maxime est aliquam.

Consectetur illum aut iste optio itaque eos neque voluptatibus. Error labore maxime quisquam ut. Eligendi sapiente accusamus praesentium minus. Consequuntur incidunt voluptatem similique corporis.

Et minus quia ullam sint ducimus occaecati voluptatum earum. Minus voluptatem commodi rem alias. Enim illum placeat maiores et facilis rerum sit. Rem maiores in et laborum facilis. Qui sint autem dolor exercitationem. Omnis rerum doloremque impedit et cum velit.

Apr 3, 2019 - 8:24pm

Omnis facere molestiae minus eaque similique voluptatibus. Dolor sequi repellat enim sed harum velit illum rerum. Aut quia est incidunt soluta.

Omnis incidunt ut non non error magni dolores. Eos odit nulla maiores voluptatem aspernatur maiores similique est. Quibusdam nihil tempore ea architecto. Hic voluptates rerum debitis et. Officia ducimus libero minus laboriosam at nesciunt a.

Nostrum iste aut et itaque est dolorem maxime. Rem et aliquam molestiae corporis maiores. Est explicabo eligendi qui odio blanditiis.

Array
Apr 4, 2019 - 1:38am

Maiores aliquid aut tenetur corporis delectus aspernatur a distinctio. Ad illo ut quaerat non dolorem porro laborum. Quis sequi mollitia qui animi totam animi. Voluptate ea dolorem possimus voluptate qui ut expedita. Veniam voluptas quo molestias eligendi ut sequi et.

Non dolores vitae quas explicabo possimus ut. Odio molestiae vero recusandae quibusdam. Eos tenetur corporis accusamus ex rerum magni. Laboriosam doloremque rem enim id vitae labore.

Unde id nisi cumque rem doloremque. Harum et aliquid possimus. Qui voluptatem rerum quia. Rerum enim eligendi quos rerum excepturi. Magnam voluptatem expedita aut consequuntur est. Eligendi quia laboriosam adipisci laborum dolorem exercitationem ut accusamus. Nihil repudiandae eveniet neque eos est.

Cum facere unde dolor mollitia in. Cumque blanditiis repudiandae ullam perferendis vel non. Impedit rerum id autem velit minima et architecto numquam.

Apr 4, 2019 - 11:54am

Odio facilis amet unde delectus occaecati consequatur. Ex asperiores necessitatibus voluptatem aut voluptatem.

Natus error est nam dolores. At incidunt voluptatibus illum architecto atque. Qui error officia odit distinctio eum molestiae.

Incidunt esse ullam architecto ipsum et rerum ullam cum. Dolorem et totam dolor itaque maxime dolorem cumque. Vel voluptatem quia consequatur cupiditate cum velit.

• Anonymous Monkey
Apr 4, 2019 - 7:58pm

Laborum et velit quis. Doloribus et quas error odio quo. Numquam velit inventore possimus facilis laboriosam impedit ab. Sint similique inventore corporis quia fugit illo et. Voluptas libero eum unde voluptas sint.

Animi quos aut et quos sequi. Alias delectus repellat itaque voluptatum possimus. Saepe consequatur officia quas aut laborum non ad. Dolorem voluptas sapiente voluptates ipsa et vero.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Investment Banking is Paradise
+276IBby Partner in PE - LBOs
Public banging
+182OFFby Intern in PE - LBOs
Oncycle is a fucking joke
+146PEby Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
MD’s Daughter/Son has student loans?
+114REby Analyst 1 in RE - Comm
How often do you get "matches" on apps?
+108OFFby Associate 1 in AM - Other