SA and Full Time Recruiting 2020 thread

John-Jacobs1's picture

Wanted to better organize the 2020 recruiting here instead of my previous post. @AndyLouis

Current 2020 SA Info:

champagnepaki:

Not really. Sure the WSJ article from this past Fall brought awareness and the process will probably be a little slower this year, but all of my contacts are indicating or openly sharing with me that things are still going to ramp up hard this Spring.

I just went on office visits to virtually every BB/MM/EB a few weeks ago, and was given the scoop on recruiting as part of my university's program for select students pursuing careers on the street.

The general consensus is things are still accelerated. I know a lot of places are going to start phone screens next month.

Here's what I've gathered from my trip, this is 100% from reps/HR at these banks:

• Moelis & Rothschild 2020 apps are open already
  • As you are aware, Gugg processes have already begun
  • Barclays has already opened their diversity apps and interviews are in March/April
  • Citi S&T will kick off, and be done in March at my school
  • CS apps will be opening soon, they are not slowing down from Spring recruiting
  • BAML, JP Morgan, and GS all are slowing down but definitely aren't gonna be "relaxed"
  • MS process kicks off in March at my school
  • WF actually moved to Fall
  • A lot of MM's are sticking to routine schedule: Jefferies, Houlihan, etc. are sticking to Summer/Fall

What I've gathered is that those pursuing SA '20 need to be ready for their interviews by the end of next month. Hopefully you've been networking, because you'll need your contacts in the coming months for resume pushes and the like. People who haven't networked at all when Spring comes around are basically screwed and are gonna have to rely on being the huge minority that get through from virtual resume screens alone.

2020 FT Info:

thecoolkid1234:

FT will always late july/early august for networking events for EB with first rounds happening early to mid August.

Interviews occur around late august to early September for BB.

There will be occasional interviews that doesn't follow this norm and could be much later (Citi FIG around eary October) but generally timeline above will hold true.

Will update this post occasionally.

2/6/19: CS apps are live

Investment Banking Interview Course

• 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
  • Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.

Comments (16)

Feb 2, 2019

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll get it going by reminding people BAML Sophomore Program (in April; Step Ahead for Banking/IMD/Markets) HireVues are due tomorrow.

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Feb 11, 2019

No problem, thanks for the info. Should be very helpful once the 2020 cycle picks up steam.

Feb 5, 2019

Is that program only for diversity sophomores?

Feb 3, 2019

bump

Most Helpful
Feb 2, 2019

moelis, roths, and now gugg are open

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Feb 10, 2019

Can't seem to find roths, is it on their website?

Edit: Found it on glassdoor

Feb 11, 2019

bump, any new info?

Feb 5, 2019

While many banks are accelerated, it's still early in the process. No need to try to fill this thread now - it will become active as recruiting approaches and processes kick off.

Funniest
Feb 3, 2019

Processes have already kicked off it's not 'early'

Feb 6, 2019

Credit Suisse just opened yesterday.

Feb 11, 2019

thanks, updated the main post with the info.

Feb 7, 2019

Do banks do diversity recruitment for freshman or is the best bet to cold-call?

Feb 9, 2019

HL just has kicked off its 2020 SA process at my school.

Feb 13, 2019

Any tips on how someone at a non-target with no previous IB experience should approach FT 2020 recruiting? I have contacts at most of the EB/BB but mostly in ER. Am I screwed?

Feb 11, 2019

In a similar boat as you and going for FT positions as well, would also be interested to know.

Feb 14, 2019

WSO's COO (Chief Operating Orangutan) | My Linkedin