There are several top middle market banks, including the following. This list is not exhaustive.
Robert W. Baird
If you were given offers from all of the above banks, which would you accept? Why?
What are some of the differentiating factors between these banks?
I know Houlihan Lokey has a top restructuring group....but beyond that, all these banks appear homogeneous to me.
list of middle market investment banks
Below is a list of firms that our users consider to be top middle market firms. Notably, this list does not include elite boutiques such as Perella Weinberg Partners and Lazard.
User @CompBanker, a private equity vice president, shared a more comprehensive list of middle market banks:
- Piper Jaffray
- Houlihan Lokey Howard and Zukin
- Goldsmith, Agio, Helms & Lynner, LLC
- Harris Williams
- Robert W. Baird
- Thomas Weisel
- Raymond James
- Lincoln International
You can read more about all these firms in the WSO Company Database.
Read More About Middle Markets on WSO
- Middle-Market Investment Banking Rankings
- Lower Lower Middle Market M&A And Exit Opps; How Small Is Too Small For A Deal??
- Middle Market IB Vs. Bulge Bracket IB
Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?
The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.