Trying to decide between GS Ayco and Deloitte (Summer 2022)

Hey all,

I am trying to decide between two offers for Summer 2022, Deloitte Tax Consulting and GS Ayco PFM. I have some initial thoughts but I'd like to hear what you think:

For Deloitte;

Pros:

In NYC (apart from being in the city, more networking ops, especially if I get a return offer)

Better pay for FT (yes, I'll agree not a huge selling point at the beginning of career)

Like the culture (really stood out to me among everyone I spoke, and I think fitting into the culture is what got me the offer above everything)

Personally prefer consulting

Cons:

Tax Consulting is niche, can be hard to get out of

If I want to move laterally, might have to start over when switching

For GS Ayco;

Pros:

Reputable, can be very helpful at beginning of career

GS Stamp on resume would be huge for recruiting for 2023 FT

Cons:

My understanding is it's basically retail banking

Upstate (In Albany, I would prefer NYC)

I know since it's for a summer internship and not FT I can (and should) continue networking and recruiting for post-grad in 2023, and this means I have more flexibility in the grand scheme of things, but I feel at a crossroads in terms of trying to rationally figure this out. While ultimately my decision at the end of the day, I would appreciate any and all thoughts you may have.

Comments (10)

Nov 28, 2021 - 5:51am

Idk what Ayco is to be honest but I think the stamp is crazy valuable and you might even be able to network into a good SA role for GS next summer.

Not sure were you would go with Deloitte Tax Consulting. To niche imo and not really a stepping stone for IB like Audit or Consulting

• Intern in IB - Cov
Nov 28, 2021 - 1:09pm

I was actually at AYCO out of the Albany office this summer. I think the brand value is nice but Deloitte should probably offer better intern experience. Can PM if u have any further questions.

Dec 22, 2021 - 10:22pm

Would love you hear what you ended up deciding! I'm making a similar decision right now between ayco and a tech consulting role for junior summer.

Most Helpful
Dec 29, 2021 - 12:31am

Cumque ut voluptas aspernatur. Asperiores provident quos odit eius voluptas cumque vero dolore. Velit quisquam voluptatem quibusdam quibusdam perspiciatis officia velit neque. Quae vel occaecati animi consectetur eius error.

Accusamus autem at incidunt aut quasi. Quia vitae laborum quas quia molestiae. Ea voluptatem doloremque vero blanditiis dignissimos officiis commodi.

Perspiciatis et porro ut. Quia eius dolorem enim earum iste aliquid nisi. Ut ut eos est reprehenderit nulla accusamus ut. Maxime dolores saepe in ab ea quod aliquam dolorum. Eos labore id fugit autem velit.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

January 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $604
  • Vice President (22) $385
  • Associates (148) $241
  • 2nd Year Analyst (85) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (15) $150
  • 1st Year Analyst (296) $142
  • Intern/Summer Associate (64) $142
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (225) $90