Recommend me some TV shows
Ideally the show I'm looking for contains most of these attributes:
(1) draws me in within the first 5 minutes of the first episode (I have a low attention span).
(2) mentally stimulating
(3) good sense of humor (eg. Arrested Development is good, How I Met Your Mother and The Office are extremely fucking lame and I hate anyone who enjoys those shows)
A good example of what I'm talking about is House of Lies. It's both smart and hilarious. Suits is also good (mainly b/c of Harvey, the main character is kind of a faggot although I admire his intelligence).
Here are my opinions on other shows that I've watched or attempted to watch:
* Dexter - first season was incredible. 2nd and 3rd were good. I got bored once he got married
* Burn Notice - good although I stopped watching it a while ago
* Sherlock - decent
* Game of Thrones, watched 4 episodes but couldn't get into it
* Mad Men - watched 1.5 episodes and couldn't get into it
* White Collar - I hate that old guy and don't give a fuck about his relationship with his fat wife
* Breaking Bad - wasted 30 mins before saying "fuck this" (should've seen it coming though b/c I didn't find the premise even remotely interesting)
* Californication - gave it like 20 minutes I think
* Workaholics - stupid and not funny
* Seinfeld - Classic
Also I don't watch anime anymore but my high school self enjoyed the hell out of Death Note and Elfen Lied.
Ok given what I just said, recommend me some shows. Actually you can go ahead and recommend me movies too. Non-fiction is ok too.