JPMorgan's Portfolio Manager
I recently came across a job posting for a Portfolio Manager atand was surprised at the required qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years work experience in financial services industry
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of investment solutions
- Private Wealth Management experience a plus
- Detail oriented
- Process focused
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Enjoy working with people
- Strong aptitude to identify and minimize investment/business risk
A Breif Summary of The Portfolio Management Role
The role of the portfolio manager depends on the structure of the organization you are working for. You can often get a sense of where you'll sit in the hierarchy based on the job requirements of the position. If the job description requires limited work experience and education, most likely you will be assisting a Senior PM rather than taking the lead yourself. This is still an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door if this is a career path you are interested in.
It is similar to the Private Wealth Management role which Wall Street Oasis offers an in-depth look at in another article.
User @Flake offers his insight regarding the above listing:
I would think that a PM would need more than experience. I'm currently in WM for MS and wouldn't mind going into a non-producing role as a PM. Is anyone familiar with this position? Is that lenient when it comes to hiring? What is the role of a PM for a larger firm like JPM?
Read More About Applying with JPM On WSO
- J.P Morgan Asset/Wealth Management Video Interview
- Jp Morgan Hirevue Actual Interview Questions For Online Interview
- Jp Morgan Private Banking Superday
Preparing for interviews?
Check out WSO's suite of interview preparation courses. Whether you want to break into investment banking, hedge funds, private equity or consulting, our interview courses can help you nail your interview or learn more about your target industry.