2022 ADC/APD Summer Programs/Full-Time Applications Thread

Applications are ongoing so figured I'd set up a thread similar to last year so people could ask questions or share updates as they prepare for recruiting season. 

Below are relevant firms.

Summer Programs:

Other firms that hire PhDs include:

• EY-Parthenon
  • Health Advances
  • Navigant
  • ZS
  • IQVIA
  • CBPartners
  • Cello Health Bioconsulting
  • Comment if I'm missing some

On that topic, did you get any confirmation email after completing the game? 

Nope. But you should receive a message after the game saying that it is fine to shut down your browser. That message should come out after you filling out the survey.

They did mention that they would send updates in mid-march and it seems from past years that bcg send offers and rejections at the same time. So just be patient, we'll know soon.

When did these people finish? I did mine Monday but didn't hear back. 

I have a sample size of 1. He told me last Friday that he has an interview with a McKinsey partner today... I would assume that it is for insight since we were talking about insight throughout the entire conversation? Probably I misinterpreted? No idea which office he applied tho.

Rejected for B2B, but invited to summer engagement session and encouraged to apply for FT position. Does anyone have more information about the summer engagement session?

Guess we don’t know proportionally if there is a difference. Bain ADvantage I think takes 50% of people for full time, so BCG may be similar in that all these programs don’t guarantee full-time offers and around half get rejected anyways. But around 90% get rejected coming in the regular cycle so it still gives you a leg up. 

I saw a comment a while ago about McKinsey potentially interviewing for Insight. Wasn't sure if that was actually a thing, did anyone get any communication from McKinsey about the Insight program? I know Bain sent out invites to some workshops etc. for potentials and BCG decisions but it seems like nothing from McK except the Solve test invite right? 

Also wondering if anyone heard back from Bain besides the workshop

I have not but I noticed from last year’s thread that interview invites went out week after workshops (actually Monday after so maybe they’re delayed a little this year)? Everyone this year started recruitment a month before last year so decisions may come at end of this month like they say on website tho. 

Most Helpful

I spoke with one of the consultants in the office I had the workshop for and they said that based on conversations with HR we should hear back in the first half of April, most likely towards the start of the month. Obviously might be different for other offices but hopefully this helps.

I feel like Bain and BCG are looking for ADCs with business backgrounds and/or public/social sector backgrounds. I know of a candidate that got into all 3 programs this year that have social/volunteering experiences but don't quote me on that.

Current STEM postdoc at target school, PhD from unimpressive state school. Some pro bono consulting experience and a decent amount of networking. I applied to McKinsey, Bain and LEK AD programs and got interview invites from Bain and LEK. 

I think these summer programs are after PhDs with consulting backgrounds even if it's pro bono or student consulting organizations. An invitee to L2L I know has 3 years of part-time consulting experience in a student organization/firm working on real cases with real clients.

I got invited for L2LEK and I can confirm what the other poster mentioned. I have a few pro bono consulting experiences on my resume, which may have contributed.

In my opinion, you should check with a recruiter to figure out the cooldown/freezing period for the FT application. If it's 1 year, then you might want to apply now, because you could always reapply next year if this year turns out to be unsuccessful.

Anyone interviewing for Bain ADvantage NYC or get into McK Diversity Connect? I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

To others in the forums, I did Bridge to BCG NYC last year and almost no one got offers (two folks did ADvantage and went to Bain after B2B, another got a full time but she started immediately after). 

• Submitted Connect to ClearView (C2C) application on 4/10
    • Invited for first phone interview on 4/19
    • Attended a case workshop on 4/21
    • Attended first phone interview the last week of April, then the next day invited to second phone interview for early May
    • Received offer 2 days after second phone interview

The first interview was >45 minutes (15 min fit, >30 min case, some time for questions).  The second interview was shorter <30 minutes and in my case it was entirely a fit interview.  Both interviewers were junior consultants (<1 year) with the company with a PhD.

Follow up with SKP-FT: even though the FT job description on their website says "2022 graduates only", they are accepting applicants who are planning to start in 2023.

I got through along with some of my case partners. Experiences might vary based on the recruiting region. Across the board, seems like the chatbot was challenging (I certainly thought so) regardless of outcome.

Bain ADvantage interns: what was the offer rate this year? 

This seems in-line with past years, I've heard ~5% is the offer rate for BCG from Bridge. 

Any other PhDs applying for full-time positions right now? 

Waiting to hear back as well. I completed Imbellus during Insight application (rejected; Keep in Touch program) and I won't have to take Imbellus again.

Esse provident iusto esse laboriosam totam. Autem sunt laborum error consequuntur et sed assumenda maxime. Accusantium laboriosam provident esse sit dolore sit. Reiciendis maiores aut veritatis.

Corrupti reiciendis ut temporibus doloribus aut voluptatem reiciendis. Nobis cumque quaerat id animi. Quasi facere asperiores harum voluptatibus omnis. Deleniti esse ipsa cupiditate dolorem facilis fugit.

Iusto labore fugiat repudiandae eum. Facilis voluptas qui voluptatem placeat. Suscipit ipsa libero omnis nobis non.

Culpa sequi nostrum eum mollitia. Reiciendis quo molestias et veritatis nisi aut sed. Ducimus quam non suscipit ut molestiae at deleniti enim.

Illum minima quia dolor pariatur. Tempora praesentium eos repudiandae exercitationem. A ratione natus numquam qui sit odit quasi quas. Ipsum soluta laboriosam ipsum ex sed dolorem ullam.

Sequi commodi rerum quibusdam est ullam omnis. Id optio accusantium aut. Eligendi est enim temporibus. Vel ea maiores odit earum sed voluptatem doloremque.

A doloremque libero iste maiores possimus. Placeat tenetur ullam cupiditate aut omnis et. Inventore consequatur cum amet qui occaecati voluptatem sint. Nulla in quia nobis distinctio officia omnis. Rerum optio maiores sit alias quidem sit. Occaecati voluptas cupiditate ratione commodi et.

Quia earum nesciunt magni dolor voluptatem ut cupiditate aliquid. Itaque ut aut aut tenetur possimus. Quas aut modi aliquid eveniet doloribus. Id suscipit aut debitis est quo. Eveniet consequatur quo qui velit reiciendis.

Quas omnis corporis quod doloremque nulla. Qui impedit autem aspernatur non ducimus. Neque natus sunt corporis ex. Fugiat voluptates omnis recusandae consectetur molestias. Suscipit voluptatem ipsa earum quia veniam placeat. Aut ut officia tempore esse aperiam.

Cupiditate dolores accusantium asperiores dicta modi voluptatem. Qui mollitia et sed dolores quas error qui nemo. Sed qui sit et facilis quod. Expedita quasi provident fugiat enim cupiditate enim sit et. Laborum incidunt omnis ut id. Aut et molestias ipsum vel dolorem libero blanditiis.

Odit qui rerum sit voluptatem necessitatibus veniam. Dolores doloremque ullam et eaque qui. Reprehenderit fugit iusto quisquam quas rerum. Veniam minus sed rerum modi consectetur.

Praesentium rerum ut amet et optio labore. Deleniti unde pariatur asperiores et quia.

Nihil voluptas beatae et id ut voluptas. Itaque fugiat praesentium soluta veritatis fugit. Omnis qui hic tempora quis omnis. At et ut ut similique. Et voluptas ipsam est. Dolorem ea perspiciatis cupiditate commodi. Quae ea fugiat sint dolor.

Dolore autem aut enim facere ea error incidunt. Voluptas dicta exercitationem reiciendis ut impedit aliquam explicabo delectus. Voluptate unde sit recusandae vel voluptas voluptates sed. Atque et ea quo dolor iste blanditiis. Ut incidunt modi est voluptate consequatur et eveniet. Occaecati accusantium ut sit soluta itaque aspernatur.

Nihil reprehenderit qui perferendis ad. Est vel sint ullam quam praesentium eum sequi ab. Vel fugiat optio quidem. Accusantium animi doloremque deleniti nihil sit ex eaque.

Laborum nemo est iusto est repellat iste ut ipsam. Occaecati quaerat saepe velit porro temporibus. Aliquid officia cum rerum et. Ducimus aut et fugiat distinctio exercitationem repellat.

Eius praesentium soluta ea nesciunt culpa odio. Minima modi aut eveniet repudiandae. Consequatur asperiores animi porro accusamus quia numquam est. Vel aut deleniti corporis dolorem id fugit odio.

Sunt consequatur velit saepe illo ut facilis vel. Soluta libero atque ipsa neque non voluptas. Voluptatem nihil odit et perferendis. Ipsa doloremque voluptatibus atque modi sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
    • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
    • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
    • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
    • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
    • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
    • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
    • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
    • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
    • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
    • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
    • Principal (25) $277
    • Director/MD (55) $270
    • Vice President (47) $246
    • Engagement Manager (100) $226
    • Manager (152) $170
    • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
    • Senior Consultant (331) $130
    • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
    • Consultant (587) $119
    • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
    • NA (15) $119
    • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
    • Engineer (6) $114
    • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
    • Associate Consultant (166) $98
    • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
    • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
    • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
    notes
    16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
    redever
    Betsy Massar's picture
    Betsy Massar
    BankonBanking's picture
    BankonBanking
    Secyh62's picture
    Secyh62
    dosk17's picture
    dosk17
    GameTheory's picture
    GameTheory
    CompBanker's picture
    CompBanker
    kanon's picture
    kanon
    bolo up's picture
    bolo up
    Jamoldo's picture
    Jamoldo
    success
    From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”