Hey there! It's great to see you taking the initiative to start a thread about the 2024 Winternship applications. I'm here to help you navigate through this process.

Unfortunately, I don't have real-time updates on individual applications, but I can certainly provide some general advice.

Firstly, make sure your application is polished and tailored to the firm you're applying to. This includes your resume, cover letter, and any additional materials required.

Secondly, don't forget to network! Reach out to professionals in the industry, attend events, and make connections. This can sometimes be just as important as the application itself.

Lastly, remember to be patient. The application process can take time, and it's important to stay positive and persistent.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your applications! Remember, every no is one step closer to a yes. Keep swinging!

Sources: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/consulting/2024-summer-application-postings?customgpt=1, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/job-search/2024-ft-recruiting-0?customgpt=1

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

on an info session they said they'd only review applications after the deadline, which was on Sunday. so think we need to have some patience

Did everyone who apply already have SA 2024 internships? And if so, where abouts did you guys sign?

EB, heard from a friend that a lot of winternship offers go to EB IB / MF PE kids who are interested in HF but got their offer before point72 did interviews. Not exclusive to those obviously though

How long did you guys spend on the case? How in-depth was your model?

450+ lines. “Be as granular as possible” was not taken lightly by me. Doing everything from scratch was very tedious but I enjoyed the process. Also agree with revenue build being driven by AUV, it was the same for me.

450+ lines. “Be as granular as possible” was not taken lightly by me. Doing everything from scratch was very tedious but I enjoyed the process. Also agree with revenue build being driven by AUV, it was the same for me.

How’s this even possible without alt data? Genuinely curious, you have my respect for grinding that out.

Funniest

what da hail bruh - i signed the SA internship and built nothing close to this ever

Took the same approach on the revenue side. Going through all the earnings reports was such a pain and took so long lol

I built a 3000 row model and had over 100+ assumptions.

I worked at another pod last summer and am going to MFPE, but I think this year will definitely be super intense a lot of people I know are applying for it.

If you think this was meant for you-- it is :).

Frank Pepe is the best pizza btw.

Most Helpful

As someone w/ basically no finance background and modeling experience, may I ask what is the reasoning behind having so many assumptions? Surely there are essentially only a few major levers that have a material impact on the outcome of the movement of the stock. On the other hand, if all of these assumptions DO have a material impact on the outcome, wouldn't the compound of deviations from each assumption still effectively render the model useless?

I think it depends on when people submit their cases. I haven't gotten anything but I submitted at 11:57 pm on the due date so idk. My guess is that they have two waves depending on when you submitted but then again I'm probably coping

I submitted at 11:30 on the 29th @easymoney222 but i have not heard back. 

I’m studying abroad and didn’t realize we had daylight savings until a friend told me so I accidentally submitted 10 minutes after the deadline thinking it was 11:10 ET. Really hope that wasn’t the reason that dinged me lol.

Don't sweat it man, I submitted my SA app late and I still got moved on to first round. If it's meant to be, it'll happen :)

didn't get a first round. just meant that the rejection email came out to update others about how the process was going

anyone know what the timeline is for receiving offers after coach round?

Rip sorry to hear. Literally interviewed today crazy they r already making cuts. Got fucked in mine so idk

Rip sorry to hear. Literally interviewed today crazy they r already making cuts. Got fucked in mine so idk

Yeah I also got fucked, how did you hear back that you got rejected? Email? 

Suscipit dolor quia sit accusantium quaerat ut voluptates itaque. Maiores est ab ipsam est. Eligendi veritatis dolorem facere quibusdam molestiae.

Sint aut commodi est non nesciunt et facere. Odit fugit exercitationem similique rerum voluptatem nihil doloremque accusamus. Ut libero veniam ea ut soluta eos eligendi eius. Commodi laboriosam qui molestias eum quam saepe atque quod.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”