ASIA 2015 IBD SA Recruiting

Feel free to post where you applied to and heard back from regarding 1st rounds and superdays! Just thought this would be a great way to give people a heads up on when to expect the banks' decisions.

353 Comments
 

Sounds like HSBC recruited from this networking session they had specifically for IBD...Really kicking myself for not being able to make it, was invited but I had something on that day ):

As for Citi, I got the notification for the interviews as well. I was sure I'd gotten rejected as I applied way back in Aug/Sep...Anyone idea what this round is focusing on?

Got rejected from Nomura due to a fail phone interview some weeks ago.

@"Woozy": Did you go to the JPM IBD coffee session?

 
cloveryj

heard Morgan Stanley started giving out first rounds... anyone received it?
Also, is it just me or that Barclays interviews were super hard???

Just curious, what kind of questions did Barclays ask you (I assume for IBD)? I am based in Europe and applied to London but my 1st round questions were completely competency based and were totally random, like 'How would you feel if you saw on the news that your firm did sth unethical?' or 'How do you feel when working with people with different attitudes to work?', I mean, come on, what kind of BS answer you need to come up with so they like you over the others.

 

Yes barcap hk Everyone I know thinks the interviews were really technicals,being grilled on valuations... I didn't get any competency question other than why barcap. Also, anyone from us received ms first rounds? Dying waiting :/

 

Does anyone know if first rounds interviews are usually given out in batches? From my understanding, Citi is offering it like every 2 weeks. What about the other BBs?

Haven't been hearing back from the companies, but might be (and hopefully) because I applied close to the deadline so takes a while to process.

 

Not sure if this helps or if I'm repeating information, but I heard that MS sent out 1st round invites to UPenn, Yale, and some other UK schools. No news from Columbia yet. Haven't heard anything from the west coast on my end.

 

Citi asked both fit (and motivation) and technical questions. But it is very dependent on the interviewers (usually based on their backgrounds and experience) . I had various types of questions from different interviewers; I am pretty sure there is no set list of questions.

Also, I felt that some of them were new to interviewing, haha, one of my interviewers was not as smooth and causal about the interview.

 

I got this account from a friend from US. He said he isn't using this site anymore and this site might be a good source to see where other people are at the process. I am actually HK-based. The timeline has been vastly different so far.

 

I think what @Woozy meant was the preference for good foreign (read: US and UK) schools in general, rather than targets, for APAC recruiting. From that list, you can only see 2 SG university SAs and 1 Korea SA. Chinese/HK university representation is better though.

 

That's what I want to know. I heard that DB hasn't sent out first round invites to US Schools but my friend's friend (based in the U.S) got it... So maybe they are still in the process sending out?

 

anyone's DB status is "Application Submitted - Application Received - Interview Process" and have not received any call from DB yet?

 

Seems like hk is proceeding at a much faster pace than sg. MS sg should probably wrap up first round interviews by this week.

 

You are right on those banks who have sent out first rounds so far for sg recruitment. CS has sent out invites for their networking session but official invites for first round will only be finalized by Friday.

 

Libero aut quia libero ut. Sit voluptates ipsa perspiciatis facilis adipisci.

A omnis incidunt odit quibusdam voluptatem natus magni et. Incidunt enim fugiat fuga dignissimos velit cupiditate in. Atque nulla in enim qui exercitationem magnam fuga.

Quo est delectus dicta dolorem. Repudiandae nihil voluptatum sit sint aut sed. Maxime accusamus velit quo enim aut quis id ut.

 

Autem tempore quisquam voluptatibus minus ea. Libero itaque asperiores dolores qui. Eveniet libero sunt rerum aut dolores ad.

Reiciendis perferendis doloribus nihil nesciunt ex. In molestiae laborum porro ullam dolores praesentium. Enim eius natus itaque. Ad voluptas eveniet non.

Necessitatibus voluptate sunt aut beatae autem suscipit. Sapiente distinctio in asperiores non repudiandae corporis.

Dolorum cumque alias sequi est consequatur. Quibusdam inventore ipsa expedita et non. Dignissimos suscipit odit nihil eum labore. Blanditiis atque vero maxime voluptas. Voluptate quo dolores minima quod numquam.

 

Quo quia earum vero repudiandae molestias dolores necessitatibus. Est nulla quia asperiores sed molestiae. Qui alias beatae quos nihil. Officiis placeat est ut cum ducimus aut.

Iure iste magnam veritatis laboriosam est neque. Ducimus reprehenderit perferendis est esse dolorem. Nemo assumenda dolor doloremque facere atque beatae dolorem. Mollitia voluptatem ea consequatur sapiente est non suscipit voluptates. Et itaque dolore voluptas enim at itaque. Ea inventore commodi quibusdam in quasi animi distinctio.

 

Voluptas quos error sequi architecto. Aut debitis autem aliquam nisi. Dicta nihil maxime consequatur corporis laudantium voluptatem. Dolorum ipsa accusamus cumque facilis qui.

Qui facere laboriosam est odit exercitationem laboriosam. Fugit voluptates assumenda iure placeat suscipit id. Dolorum magnam molestias consequatur soluta non consequatur nemo nostrum.

Ut voluptas sequi eos unde delectus voluptas. Rem facere quod alias adipisci voluptate corrupti sint. Eaque suscipit nam sit iste aut. Animi soluta in repellat cumque aut. Nemo provident ut autem unde omnis. Dolor fugit aut voluptatem at quaerat magnam quo. Maxime neque qui nesciunt consequatur.

 

Quis tenetur et ut non qui. Quo magnam sed unde tenetur praesentium repellat. Facere soluta fugit expedita a qui. Ducimus non libero doloribus ducimus error maiores.

Quia minus at deserunt rerum. Sit sit quis fugiat voluptatem. Blanditiis qui voluptas est et aliquam quia. Sint voluptatibus enim et itaque.

Recusandae atque praesentium reprehenderit similique enim deserunt in. Quasi saepe repellendus eum odit asperiores. Aut autem omnis voluptate natus dolorem quisquam. Animi magni numquam nihil accusantium voluptas. Doloribus vitae et eos distinctio ut possimus adipisci.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”