ASIA 2015 IBD SA Recruiting
Feel free to post where you applied to and heard back from regarding 1st rounds and superdays! Just thought this would be a great way to give people a heads up on when to expect the banks' decisions.
Feel free to post where you applied to and heard back from regarding 1st rounds and superdays! Just thought this would be a great way to give people a heads up on when to expect the banks' decisions.
| +86 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 28 | 13h |
| +44 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 16 | 11h |
| +41 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 9 | 15h |
| +37 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 20h |
| +34 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 21 | 28m |
| +28 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 3 | 20h |
| +22 | UBS’s Investment Bank Is Building an AI Slop Factory | 2 | 17h |
| +21 | How early is to early? | 9 | 1d |
| +21 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 7 | 16h |
| +20 | MS NYC Generalist Program Group Rankings & Placement Process | 11 | 22h |
Career Resources
had JPM 1st rounds (2 phone interviews) last week
which office did you apply to?
You had 2 last week? I only got one. probably i failed... any idea when's 2nd round?
You had 2 last week? I only got one. probably i failed... any idea when's 2nd round?
HK. the 2nd phone was set up before my 1st interview took place so keep your hopes up
JPM sg office also started first rounds. HSBC already extended offers.
I believe JPM gave out to some candidates who went for the coffee chat at their office. Nomura SG gave out interviews on a rolling basis as well.
are any other BBs extending first round interviews yet?
Dont think it will be soon. The datelines are not over yet and Singapore's application deadlines are much later than HK. My understanding is firms that gave out interviews want to filter down the number of candidates so that they have lesser work to do during December.
i think ms GS ML in hk usually begin 1st round after the ddl. Heard some early applicants got interviews from CS HK recently. (not confirmed)
xppxu are you US based?
Citi sent out notification today. Will have 3 interviewers. No email from JPM, think got rejected. When did you guys apply for JPM?
Did Citi give out notifications based on school? Their Singapore office application deadline is end Nov.
I'm US based. Applied one week ago.
Should be first rolling basis for Citi. Don't think notification is by school.
With Citi, I heard there are 4 "waves" of interviews, each last a duration of 2 weeks. The first wave (which I got) is this week and next week.
Also can confirm that HSBC has sent out interview invites.
Good luck everybody!
You mean HSBC hk? HSBC sg has already extended offers.
yes - i was referring to HSBC HK IBD SA
if you are referring to non-ibd positions, HSBC SG is still recruiting.
I was referring to their IBD summer positions. Apologies.
Sounds like HSBC recruited from this networking session they had specifically for IBD...Really kicking myself for not being able to make it, was invited but I had something on that day ):
As for Citi, I got the notification for the interviews as well. I was sure I'd gotten rejected as I applied way back in Aug/Sep...Anyone idea what this round is focusing on?
Got rejected from Nomura due to a fail phone interview some weeks ago.
@"Woozy": Did you go to the JPM IBD coffee session?
Yup, I did go for the coffee session but I did not receive a first round interview. I am not sure whether it is based on the people at the coffee chat.
is this Citi hk or sg?
SG
Got interview for Citi HK as well
Got interview for Citi HK as well
Does JPM also have different waves like Citi? Or is it done with first round?
Does JPM also have different waves like Citi? Or is it done with first round?
How long after people applied did they get a response from JPM?
How long after people applied did they get a response from JPM?
Interviewing with Citi, still waiting for other banks
Any news on SG? Is it all finished?
For SG, only Citi and JPM started first rounds thus far.
is mandarin absolutely necessary for JPM HK?
So first rounds usually stretch till December?
Citi, JPM sent out first round phone interviews. HSBC extended offers already.
Did your JPM Interview happen after the deadline or before?
Did HSBC extend summer offers to SG or HK?
I believe it should be both. Students are invited for a presentation at their office and they select people for first rounds based on there.
SG for now.
Did any other banks in HK other than Citi/JPM give out first round interviews?
what about students from the states? if we can't go to their asian office events, so we can't apply?
I think the superdays are in NY, not 100% sure though.
Got invited to MS, GS, CS first round
wait same question as potato123, which location and division did you apply to? GS shouldn't be out yet until like December.
invited to JPM finals
whitwalter and martin_jacobson are you guys invited to the HK or SG rounds?
.
are you all from the US?
I'm from a local university, I was at the JPM coffee chat as well, that's why I asked.
Those of my friends who got the phone interview with Nomura told me its quite bad lol.
Man this is rough - haven't heard back from any banks - even with previous exp.
Yeah it is rough.
I'm from the US. BarCap HK is out. I also heard that HSBC HK is also holding many Superdays last week, this week, and next week.
Hey, did BarCap sent out interviews for IBD? I heard they started interview S&T, but not sure about IBD.
yes it's for IBD.
Barclays is not recruiting for IBD. Their IBD is undergoing massive change, both personnel and structural.
Anybody heard back from CS sg office for SA IBD? Also, has JPM Sg office also started first rounds or just HK?
Anybody heard back from CS sg office for SA IBD? Also, has JPM Sg office also started first rounds or just HK?
hey, im waiting for the sg office too. I heard from the CS hr that they will start interviewing late november. are you in us currently?
This sounds bad. I got referral from a md and not received any First round
If im not wrong JPM SG office started first round for those studying abroad.
JPM sg started first round for local schools as well.
Can anyone clarify on whether first rounds are given together or spread across a few weeks till December?
JPM is on a rolling basis. And so is Citi I believe.
Hey, r u from us university as well? r they on rolling basis?
Btw, anyone happens to know how many slots are there per bank and where are you you guys from?
Btw does anyone know any other banks beside the BBs that are recruiting for summer at the moment?
Local banks are open (OCBC will open tomorrow).
Thanks alot! Do you happen to know whether the other MM banks are open as well?
I applied to JPM a month ago and still haven't heard back so I assume thats not good news. I'm US-based
Well I got a rejection email for DB SG - guess I got screened out already...
For HK, has anyone heard back from anywhere besides HSBC, JPM, BarCap, Citi?
Had final rounds with JPM HK today. anyone else?
Barclays sent out first round invites today for SG. Anyone who went for JPM first rounds in sg has got any updates? Seems like JPM hk progress much faster.
Are you based in SG or US?
I'm based in sg.
Had 2 phone interviews with Barcap HK this week.
I might be jumping the gun here but does anyone know what are the retention rates for Asia SA roles, and how they differ between the BBs? Had a look at the company database here at WSO but the figures seem to be all over the place.
I understand for SG roles the banks usually take in very few interns ~5 or less, and conversion is rather high thus. roughly 50% or so. Might differ in HK since I'd expect the summer analyst class to be larger
Thanks raptor. Does SA refer to summer analyst or summer associate? New to the forum so would like to ask about retention rates for summer associates in HK.
heard Morgan Stanley started giving out first rounds... anyone received it? Also, is it just me or that Barclays interviews were super hard???
heard Morgan Stanley started giving out first rounds... anyone received it? Also, is it just me or that Barclays interviews were super hard???
Just curious, what kind of questions did Barclays ask you (I assume for IBD)? I am based in Europe and applied to London but my 1st round questions were completely competency based and were totally random, like 'How would you feel if you saw on the news that your firm did sth unethical?' or 'How do you feel when working with people with different attitudes to work?', I mean, come on, what kind of BS answer you need to come up with so they like you over the others.
Yes barcap hk Everyone I know thinks the interviews were really technicals,being grilled on valuations... I didn't get any competency question other than why barcap. Also, anyone from us received ms first rounds? Dying waiting :/
I want to ask the same question! Did MS start giving out interviews now?
yea omgz! Barclays SG phone interviews next week
Morgan Stanley sent out first rounds? Is that for sg or hk? Can anyone confirm?
Does anyone know if first rounds interviews are usually given out in batches? From my understanding, Citi is offering it like every 2 weeks. What about the other BBs?
Haven't been hearing back from the companies, but might be (and hopefully) because I applied close to the deadline so takes a while to process.
anyone got 1st round interview from GS/CS/DB/BOAML HK?
did a JP final round last Wed, haven't heard since
Was this for HK or SG?
Was this for HK or SG?
Anybody knows if the BBs do send out first rounds in waves?
What type of technicals did Barcap ask? like impossibly difficult ones?
Just heard back from MS hk
congrats! Did the interviewer just reach out to you?
heard DB has started sent out first rounds!! anyone received it?
Has anyone in the states been invited / gone through superday with JPM HK?
heard JPM hk was skype interviews
can anyone confirm DB HK IBD?
Even for kids in the States?
yes
did anybody from a West Coast US school (Stanford/Berkeley/LA/USC/Cal Tech, etc) hear from MS HK?
Not sure if this helps or if I'm repeating information, but I heard that MS sent out 1st round invites to UPenn, Yale, and some other UK schools. No news from Columbia yet. Haven't heard anything from the west coast on my end.
very few from west coast i think
are all first rounds given out from MS? Or they do it by batches?
Not Sure. Just finished my first interviews with MS HK. I think they send out interviews based on Schools(for target schools) So if none of your classmates received interviews, you are still fine. (for target schools)
correct. that's why i asked if anybody in the Western US region has heard back yet, because I have noticed that none of my friends in Cali have heard back.
anyone had their phone interviews with Citi yet? if so what kinds of questions did they ask?
anyone had their phone interviews with Citi yet? if so what kinds of questions did they ask?
anyone had their phone interviews with Citi yet? if so what kinds of questions did they ask?
Citi asked both fit (and motivation) and technical questions. But it is very dependent on the interviewers (usually based on their backgrounds and experience) . I had various types of questions from different interviewers; I am pretty sure there is no set list of questions.
Also, I felt that some of them were new to interviewing, haha, one of my interviewers was not as smooth and causal about the interview.
Anyone knows when to hear back from Citi for the next round?
The preference for US target schools is unreal lol.
On the topic of investment banks recruiting exclusive from targets, see the following link and read for yourself.
http://www.8financestreet.com/users/8-finance-street/posts/46-summer-an…
Thanks for sharing the article. I was wondering if you had delayed your graduation as I happened to come across your name in the 2014 thread.
I got this account from a friend from US. He said he isn't using this site anymore and this site might be a good source to see where other people are at the process. I am actually HK-based. The timeline has been vastly different so far.
I think what @Woozy meant was the preference for good foreign (read: US and UK) schools in general, rather than targets, for APAC recruiting. From that list, you can only see 2 SG university SAs and 1 Korea SA. Chinese/HK university representation is better though.
Received GS hk. Anyone else?
are you based in the us?
that's a little early for GS HK IBD - are you sure?
anyone in US heard back from DB hk ibd?
That's what I want to know. I heard that DB hasn't sent out first round invites to US Schools but my friend's friend (based in the U.S) got it... So maybe they are still in the process sending out?
MS sg sent out invites for first round.
Can anyone confirm is Baml has sent out first round invites? How about CS Capital MKT solution? Thanks!
Can confirm CS IBD/Capital Mkt is out in addition to BarCap 2nd round. Anybody got BAML?
CS asia is out?
anyone's DB status is "Application Submitted - Application Received - Interview Process" and have not received any call from DB yet?
It is the same for me as well... but it has been like that since I done the online tests, so I believe it is just their way of "presenting" the steps of the application; showing you that the interview is the next step to starting your amazing career with DB.
I got that too I dont think it means interview
same for me here. SG wise I know MS just sent out 1st round invites
Do BAML and Credit Suisse send out interviews in waves?
UK based, Just finished MS HK IBD first round 2 phone interviews. Can anyone confirm the GS HK one? Do it normally take GS longer to send out first-rounds?
UK based, Just finished MS HK IBD first round 2 phone interviews. Can anyone confirm the GS HK one? Do it normally take GS longer to send out first-rounds?
CS SG just sent out 1st rounds.
Are CS, MS, BAML invites sent in multiples waves?
MS are meant to be sent out by waves. This week is the last wave I think.
Thx. So this means if I dont hear back by this Fri, I'm out?
curious to know as well
Does anyone have any idea of how long if would take to hear from GS after final round? I refers to FT positions
Based on my experience, GS is pretty fast. I always heard it within two days
did anyone apply to JP Morgan's global investment management program? did anyone hear back after the superday?
Just heard back from BAML.
Is this for HK or Sg?
Just heard back from MS for a second round Skype interview. Anyone know anything about a skype interview? I mean what's the difference between the first round phone ones, if any at all? I originally thought it would be an AC directly after first round.....
Just heard back from MS for a second round Skype interview. Anyone know anything about a skype interview? I mean what's the difference between the first round phone ones, if any at all? I originally thought it would be an AC directly after first round.....
May I know where you go to school? UK/US/HK/CH?
I am UK based. And I have no idea why there is a skype interview. No scheduling yet.
GS just sent out first round invites for sg office.
Why skype?
Looks like im screwed lol
Has BOAML sent out first rounds for Sg office?
How about baml hk?
BAML hk first round is out.
How about MS HK?
Seems like hk is proceeding at a much faster pace than sg. MS sg should probably wrap up first round interviews by this week.
So just to summarize the SG office (for Singapore Universities):
First Rounds Invites done: Barclays, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and Morgan Stanley (and also Nomura, if we are considering that as well) No Updates: BAML, DB, UBS, and CS(?).
Did I miss out anything so far?
Asian recruiting is so fast
You are right on those banks who have sent out first rounds so far for sg recruitment. CS has sent out invites for their networking session but official invites for first round will only be finalized by Friday.
If I didn't receive an invite to their networking session, does that mean I am highly likely not going to get a first round invite? I am assuming that they are cutting down from the people at networking session for the interview?
GS HK will send out first round invites mid this week.......
did hr tell u this?
GS HK will send out first round invites mid this week.......
Yup.
Yup.
Baml SG first round out
GS hk & bj first round out
BAML and CS first rounds for SG are out.
Did anyone get an offer for JPM IBD HK? How long were you given to decide on the offer?
How about UBS n DB hk?
Not sure about UBS but I'm pretty sure DB is usually pretty late
Minus repellendus doloremque rerum consequuntur eius recusandae. Qui eum minus corrupti sed.
Voluptate cum soluta ea aut expedita quasi. Animi animi consectetur voluptates et aperiam aspernatur. Sint voluptatem voluptas officiis ipsa velit similique. Itaque sunt iure consequatur enim amet excepturi.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Repudiandae qui minima nostrum quos repudiandae quos labore. Voluptatem fugit deleniti quia velit neque possimus deleniti. Labore dolorem ea placeat laudantium aut. Qui non voluptatem magnam incidunt.
Est natus vitae necessitatibus ut ducimus nostrum recusandae. Aperiam reprehenderit cumque est. Et ea sed ut accusamus possimus id ratione sit. Consectetur ipsa reprehenderit cum fuga.
Pariatur ut blanditiis ex nisi. Eos aspernatur vel repudiandae eveniet dicta perferendis. Porro officiis omnis sed dicta distinctio. Quae rerum quia earum sed nihil cum. Et vero porro optio quisquam quia aut. Ratione error et ut animi.
Esse minima cum molestiae cumque laudantium. Rem voluptatem enim dicta reprehenderit omnis et qui architecto. Iste velit et vel dolorum.
Consequatur molestiae quidem eum recusandae. Enim et voluptatem qui accusantium temporibus rem. Quas molestiae et sit dolor sapiente. Libero sint natus tempora.
Qui in a mollitia et recusandae magnam. Et in consequatur tempora deserunt. Ea vel ducimus cum ratione quia voluptates quis.
Nihil voluptas veritatis et. Officiis et similique aperiam aut et enim. Sed impedit maxime praesentium hic eligendi expedita facilis. Nemo odit excepturi recusandae qui eaque.
Ut qui dolores asperiores consequatur totam dolorem. Voluptas ea distinctio temporibus dignissimos nostrum repudiandae molestias doloribus. Sint aut aspernatur quasi hic architecto expedita est.
Ullam voluptates nam ratione aut. Dicta repellat alias itaque rerum corporis rerum et voluptas. Sed dolor dolores repellat repellendus laudantium.
Praesentium culpa quis ipsa ratione consequuntur quisquam voluptas. Tenetur maiores eveniet nostrum. Ut eum est et facere omnis. Quia et dolor eveniet omnis.
Aut vero dignissimos qui. Quae omnis omnis aut dolores. Deleniti consectetur qui occaecati unde. Temporibus sit porro temporibus est delectus vero ut. In natus officiis facere officia eaque voluptates. Et occaecati ex quis possimus cum quo.
Sint praesentium alias dolores et quae. Omnis in ad ipsam ad sint quo. Omnis quasi perspiciatis dolores veniam aut dicta.
Doloremque consequatur fuga id quam et aut quis harum. Blanditiis ipsam error deleniti non neque non quia minima. Magnam id ipsa saepe distinctio qui. Culpa officiis voluptas assumenda ut consequatur id quia. Sed aut velit laudantium maxime qui qui. Illum eaque aut ut nostrum. Exercitationem fuga doloribus iusto qui molestiae dolor repellat et.
Et enim non consequuntur dolore accusantium praesentium sunt. Reiciendis esse error perspiciatis non consectetur. Quae ut omnis quis aliquid in accusamus. A illum facilis eligendi qui aut cum. Sit cum omnis assumenda dolorum.
Eveniet sit ipsa accusantium alias recusandae aut laudantium. Ea beatae non voluptas dolores sit distinctio tenetur vitae.
Quo officia quam consectetur voluptatem. Quam culpa nulla qui quo omnis. Eveniet omnis beatae et ut. Sunt ratione enim aliquam est veritatis. Alias perspiciatis earum aut eos nostrum in. Culpa doloremque maxime repudiandae quas quod voluptatem alias. Excepturi aut eligendi quas id nostrum necessitatibus non dicta.
Et ea autem in numquam aliquam voluptates qui. Delectus ducimus quia soluta quidem a quam. Qui et eius occaecati nam cumque ut praesentium.
Aut porro cumque iste qui quod culpa fugit. Reiciendis quo et in eligendi. Magnam qui et autem repellat repudiandae impedit autem. Eligendi sunt voluptatem minus voluptas aut. Et quaerat est sapiente sed occaecati.
Reiciendis omnis enim recusandae sit fugiat. Amet dolores et et cumque tenetur aut est. Reiciendis nostrum non vitae vero voluptatum eligendi fuga. Ullam eius quia amet impedit consectetur et. Sint odit consequuntur libero maxime adipisci ea.
Alias impedit cumque ratione fuga. Molestias natus quidem deserunt vel. Non et vero autem repellendus omnis aut. Ipsum quia molestias voluptate quia atque rem consequatur. Quod quis eos quas dignissimos eum ducimus. Impedit tenetur exercitationem autem culpa facilis. Tempore sapiente qui totam quam.
Quasi sed soluta vel at consequuntur. Aut provident sequi molestias qui unde rerum non. Et est dolores dolorem sunt.