426 Comments
 

Think it might have because I can edit my other CS apps but not NYC. Weird because last cycle they closed Sept 1

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Had mine yesterday and have yet to hear back. I'd assume they're convening this evening, but it also seems like the office is getting slammed so who knows.

 

Yeah if you screwed up the assessment too much you get cut unfortunately. CS values the assessment a lot and you need to reach a certain threshold to get pass HR, even if you have a MD referral.

 

But how does one know if they screwed up or not? I think I did okay-ish, but not great. I don't want to waste time networking if there's no way for me to get an interview 

 

I didn't but if you did, congrats. Are you diversity or non-diversity? Target or non-target? 

 

Is it bad that I haven't received the assessment test even though I applied two weeks ago?  My status still says application in progress too.

 

It's only 1 test per account and it will be attached to all your applications. So you can't redo it until the next 8 months or something for all applications on the account.

 

I took once last week for 'A'  location and got invitation for the online assessment again for another region 'B' (not US). General HR email said they would send another email with the test link and details for 'B' shortly, but I haven't got. In this situation, HR in 'B' knew that I've already took my test previously, so they didn't send the link?

 

I disagree. I was close with a recruiting lead and one of my alums was the group head so me and a classmate of mine both had the MD’s referral. The recruiting lead told my friend that he couldn’t move on because he didn’t meet the cutoff on the tests even though he had the MD’s referral.

You probably did better than what you thought.

 

Starts in mid june as far as I'm aware from talking to alumni. Only group specific 1st rounds have come out. At least for non-diversity.

 

Anyone get a "needs additional action" thing? Related to government officials and stuff

 

Yes their process is seperate. They take CVs from the generalist pool and take them in their own process.

 

Received first round for NY IB at target earlier today (or yesterday I guess), networked a decent bit

 

Anyone got first round for NYC non-diversity? Seems like they are supposed to start late May/early June according to people were saying

 

I did this past weekend for this Friday. If you did not, I would not worry, I was told process would kick off in July so you never know with this stuff. 

 

First round then super. Did you get a 1st round already for NY IBD? Not for a specific coverage group?

 

It was listed as "2022 Americas Investment Bank (Capital Markets & Advisory) New York Healthcare Life Science/Biotech Summer Analyst Program" on their careers page

 

Was told by one of my contacts today that "they just got a fat stack of resume books this week, and will probably start sending out first rounds next week or the week after."

 

Anyone else's NYC app say updated June 14th but there's no actual update? I definitely didn't submit an updated resume so not sure what it updated. My other locations don't have any updates for the last 2 months.

 

I don't think I have a dedicated school recruiting team as there's only 1 alumni from my school, at least in IBD. I was hoping that it meant we passed the tests or something and that our app is officially being reviewed, similar to what you said. The only way we'll know it means anything is if other people's app didn't update on June 14th. Seems like some 1st rounds have come out in some degree, so not sure if we got cut. What do your contacts say on timeline?

 

Yeah, if anyone who interviewed on Tues or Wed of this past week hears back plz chime in here 

 

Sorry I don't have any advice, but how did you get the first round? Did you do a lot of networking?

 

Did not network at all and was not expecting this. I applied for the Women's mentor program back in March and thought it was long gone since I knew that other people have gotten offers already. Non-target as well. 

 

If I still don't have a first round for NY Coverage & Advisory, am I done? I am non-diversity, target, networked with a few, but no news so far

 

I don't know. I also haven't received a 1st round. Last year when 1st rounds came out, there were like 20 people on the thread all saying they received them at the same time. That can't be seen on this thread. Just a bunch of one off people who claim they got 1st rounds. Might be diversity stuff.

 

Do you have a source on this? Also does your NYC IBD app say updated June 14th?

 

Iste est non odio. Quia quasi ut iste dolores omnis fuga.

Aliquid laborum incidunt ut velit ipsa vel harum est. Velit officia repudiandae sapiente incidunt vitae error ipsum et. Delectus omnis cum quaerat aliquid necessitatibus. Inventore reprehenderit est blanditiis illum aut harum harum. Eveniet at nihil nobis vel incidunt deserunt ullam. Provident quae ipsam maxime. Sed nihil nobis perferendis necessitatibus dolor repudiandae id. Est illo ut iure provident odit beatae.

Quod cumque omnis inventore tempore officiis et impedit rem. Voluptatem assumenda praesentium commodi adipisci. Unde et soluta iure rerum similique sequi. Sit inventore eius tempore dicta quod sunt omnis. Sed et eos error ut sit.

 

Voluptatem quia veniam aliquid magni sapiente hic. Necessitatibus asperiores voluptas ut sed autem et. Quibusdam qui non adipisci eum ad laudantium maiores tempora. Consectetur optio a voluptas sit. Et doloremque quas nobis odio facilis placeat. Eligendi cumque magnam aut tempora incidunt.

Sit ullam nesciunt fugiat et. Tempora similique dolores aperiam voluptatem quas soluta possimus. Et sint perspiciatis magnam quia.

 

Asperiores aliquam voluptas corrupti facere. Omnis eius molestiae veniam reprehenderit voluptatibus aut. Iusto quo dolore officiis qui non facere architecto distinctio.

Qui sequi porro nisi natus possimus est. Nesciunt soluta optio harum quam qui. Rem quos placeat dicta.

Aut vel harum impedit. Autem cum non omnis deserunt aut ex repudiandae. Veniam ea quia ea numquam qui est. Consequatur praesentium ipsa voluptate est qui aut. Impedit eum est aut delectus architecto et. Fuga perspiciatis eum voluptatum incidunt rerum aut.

 

Architecto et est totam. Iste autem dolores voluptas modi. Sed voluptas nam iusto fugiat occaecati. Ut et at enim.

Dolor non cum mollitia ea. Eos eaque sequi qui. Recusandae nisi perferendis autem ullam itaque.

Architecto optio commodi et repellat molestiae eius deserunt. Ut vel officiis nesciunt sint neque praesentium. Quia rerum aliquid sed et rerum.

Voluptatem nemo deserunt dolores repudiandae veritatis doloremque est. Autem tempore vero ullam sit qui.

 

Ducimus in enim voluptatum qui non explicabo sunt. Sit itaque et aut ex ut pariatur ut. Laudantium dolorum eum omnis ut sapiente expedita. Corrupti repellendus ipsum atque unde ut iure temporibus expedita.

Magnam nostrum quia explicabo qui ut mollitia. Quia repudiandae voluptas voluptates aut. Dolorem quisquam ut qui expedita eligendi et sit.

Voluptates fugiat quas fugit consequuntur aperiam cumque. Sit et sit culpa aut inventore. Aut sapiente est quis nostrum ut rem.

 

Libero nemo blanditiis saepe fugiat in eveniet quia repellendus. Nemo consectetur aut consequuntur fugiat a quasi.

Quasi culpa aut sit doloremque quis. Minus a ducimus facere aut sit a. Doloribus ad reiciendis sint.

Placeat beatae nostrum saepe minus. Rerum et in beatae sed blanditiis accusantium enim. Et numquam nesciunt qui.

Deserunt quidem ducimus consequuntur eligendi. Ab sint ipsam voluptas in similique aut. Qui et amet rem omnis ex asperiores sint cumque. Voluptatem voluptatum corrupti pariatur quasi officia. Nemo repudiandae id voluptatem dolorem. Porro ab sequi corporis eos molestias a dicta fugiat. Omnis consequatur atque molestiae qui numquam at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”