I just got an interview invite. Any idea how the interview questions are like?

My stats are:

GRE: 324 TOEFL: 112 GPA: 3.44 (Thapar University, India) Working at ZS Associates for 1.3 years (after an internship of additional 6 months before this) Two more internships during undergrad at Philips and Luminous Above average extra curric.

Happy to discuss the process!

Could you please elaborate on the nuances of interview process? Some of the things that we should take care of?

And, what are the odds of making it through?

After doing my time in management consulting I had the option to get into it. Liberty mutual interviewed for strategy analyst roles and I'm sure there were others. We also have a lot of alums in the space, Gap had a posting I believe as well. From my class most F500 roles were marketing, finance and the like with a fair number of people doing LDP type programs. F500 was a lot less of a consideration for me at the time so my knowledge is not great though.

Hi,

I have also applied for the MMS programme. I had my interview a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if the programme is right fit for my profile. Following is my profile:

GMAT: 680 TOEFL: 104 GPA: 3.6 (BITS Pilani, India) Working at D. E. Shaw & Co., a US based Hedge Fund, as a Software Developer for 1.5 years Internships during undergrad at Oracle (Software Developer) and Honda Motors (Management Intern) Excellent extra curriculars

blunder is quite an insult for MBA programs. In fact, for most of your senior superiors, nobody knows about these MMS, MSF type of stuff, it's all MBA graduates.

Congrats on your admission, but also beware that your MMS class will be afterthoughts of MBA and UG recruiting. Fuqua is a fine place, just know what program you're getting into.

Thanks whattherock!

I completely understand the whole situation here and the actual and perceived values of this course. And when I was talking about "blunder" I was referring to choosing MMS programme and not waiting for an MBA :)

Hey Shekhar!

Oh good, you're from ZS too!

The interview experience was good. It was a very stress-free interview. General questions - what are your goals, why Duke, why MMS, team questions, strenghths, weaknesses, etc.

Are you applying in round 2?

Surabhi

Hi Shekhar

Lots of questions are about leadership and teamwork, so I suggest you focus on that. They also asked about your goal and why Duke will be the perfect fit for you. Most of the question are similar to MBA questions ,so you could reach out to Fuqua's alumni for help. They are very responsive!

Good luck

Agreed with other's posts above. Interview was mostly conversational. Many questions regarding teamwork, how you will contribute to the school, how you will be engaged inside and outside the classroom etc.

The interview shouldn't be a problem. Be confident about what you want to do, have a justification of why you are doing this course, why Fuqua, strengths, weaknesses, your past experiences that you've mentioned!

FYI, I'll be most likely joining the programme.

Generally strong, but depends on the individual, generally speaking of the international students who got jobs in the US, they focused on the job search (networking matters far more than grades) and had an excellent command of the written/spoken English language. Consulting and strategy are definitely doable, but you'll need to hustle.

The decisions for R2 were supposed to be out by midnight , but haven't heard from AdCom yet. Is the final decision self implied or do they send out mails to unsuccessful applicants also?

Interview was great, very conversational and you could tell theres a huge emphasis on team culture and having a family like vibe which is great, anyone else interview already and what other schools have you applied? My focus is biotech consulting

The interview itself is very conversational. But questions are typically behavioral, and you should probably focus on teamwork related problems. Of course, why you want to go to masters and why you want to pursue the MMS are all questions you should for sure expect. Talk about your interests and hobbies too.

Did you applicants to Duke MMS get an interview request by the date they post on the website for "date interview request is sent", or were they late? Just wondering I applied final round but no request yet, so I'm thinking that's not a good sign lol.

Totally dropped the ball and applied at the very last minute (15 seconds before the deadline). I wasn't able to put down all of my part-time work during undergrad but I did get in the "real experience" like internships and current role. Does anyone know if this counts as a breach of integrity?

Eum molestias est officia expedita necessitatibus. Cum vero ut inventore et praesentium ducimus impedit dolorem. Sunt eos ut quasi aut. Voluptas dolore aut eum est saepe.

Tenetur mollitia commodi qui veniam distinctio officia. Exercitationem aut mollitia aut quod occaecati consequatur. Quasi dolore et explicabo dolores quidem voluptates nihil. Inventore maxime doloremque et. Maxime aut voluptas voluptatem pariatur commodi officia. Voluptatem doloremque aut voluptatem quo laborum labore. Aut ex doloribus et totam omnis velit.

Harum nam minus enim. Repellat qui nemo totam ea tenetur incidunt.

Dolor maiores assumenda magnam consequuntur possimus doloremque. Fugiat molestiae adipisci nihil et illo consequatur numquam. Autem atque corporis tempore aut voluptas. Et quisquam incidunt qui et quibusdam consequuntur minima. Tempora numquam laborum doloremque debitis magni iusto ut delectus. Quia voluptas ut voluptatem corporis iusto.

Deleniti dolores non doloribus libero ab dolorem totam. Et esse perspiciatis iusto. Excepturi eum consequuntur itaque quis praesentium quidem totam. Mollitia id tempora asperiores et sint.

Most Helpful

Dolorum aspernatur animi nisi ipsa ad. Quod harum at ullam. Aut eum minus qui. Reiciendis necessitatibus totam enim asperiores similique. Ipsa et enim explicabo rerum optio fugit.

Officia perspiciatis non praesentium ducimus tempora. Et nemo sed qui enim dicta voluptatibus. Maxime exercitationem quis occaecati sit non repudiandae aut aliquam. Facere veritatis dolorum dolores. Voluptatibus est sed maxime ut voluptatem sint ut.

Quidem omnis pariatur molestias nemo et sit et. Corporis tempora ratione quia eveniet aut. Quam eveniet explicabo dignissimos aspernatur modi beatae.

Quod qui eius aut dicta. Saepe maxime accusamus quia ex. Voluptas veritatis quas voluptatem accusantium voluptates consequatur nesciunt. Magnam ea molestias quis rem eius.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”