2016 FT ROOMMATE THREAD

Hey guys,

Another incoming FT IB analyst looking for roommates. I will be starting this summer at a BB in midtown. I'm not very familiar with the neighborhoods in NYC but would like to find a group of chill people to live with. Please PM me if you are interested. I am open to suggestions for areas to live in.

I'm a work hard play hard type of guy, so please only PM me if you're the type of person that goes hard on the weekends. I don't mean to be picky, just would like to have roommates that I can rally with (I literally know nobody in NYC, come from a non-target in California).

Cheers

I will be starting as a FT IB analyst in summer 2016 at bank downtown and am looking for roommates as well (1-3). Also come from a CA non target. Hoping for an easy commute so downtown area neighborhoods are ideal but I am open to exploring different options. In terms of roommates, looking for a similar profile to what OP mentioned. PM me if interested.

pumpkinfield:

A female friend of mine who works in advertising is looking for roommate(s) by June in either FiDi or Midtown. PM me if you like ultra-clean and respectful people!

I'll be honest, I'm actually in love with disrespectful people.

Hi I am an incoming full time analyst at an investment bank in Midtown. I start my job in July. I am looking for a roommate or roommates. I'd consider myself a friendly girl and I work really hard and always take my job seriously. However, I'm also a fun, outgoing person that enjoys going out on the weekends. Please PM me if interested!

I'm also an incoming analyst at an investment bank in Midtown and looking for roommates. I am from a Southern non-target football school, but I'm not really that Southern. I work hard, I love sports, and I will be going out on the weekends when I have time. I also know nearly no one in NYC, so I'm looking for a group of people to chill with.

Not really that familiar with NYC living situations, so totally open to suggestions as long as the commute isn't too bad. Looking for someone who is similar profile to OP...takes their work seriously, isn't annoying during the week, and has fun on the weekends.

FT male analyst working in IBD in FiDi, with a preference for living somewhere near downtown/SoHo/Chelsea area. I'm a pretty respectful/clean roommate, will be quite busy on the weekdays but like going out into the city on weekends (mostly Saturdays).

Starting FT working in IBD in FiDi. I prefer to live somewhere near downtown/SoHo/Chelsea area but I am open to suggestions. I am an international student who would love to meet people from diverse backgrounds and a very respectful/clean roommate . Please PM me if interested.

Starting FT in July in a non IB role. I went to a big ten school so I'm coming from a ways. I'm working in midtown and looking to live in LES/E Village/Williamsburg. I'd like to think of myself as chill and easy to live with. I'm very social and enjoy going out on the weekends but work hard during the week. PM me if you also need a roommate for a July 1 lease.

Starting FT ER this summer in FiDi. Have been looking into Jersey City and Hoboken in Jersey - commute is very friendly via the path. Outgoing, social, into lifting and sports and will definitely be going out on weekends. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Original housing plans just fell through and am looking for a roommate(s) starting around July 1st. I am a 21-year old male working in IB in Midtown, and am very open to different locations. Clean, interested in sports, and likely won't be in the apartment very much during the week.

Not sure if any of you are still looking, but please shoot me a PM if you still haven't found a place/roommates.

Looking for roomates (inc summer analyst). Flexible on places. International student, studied in London, Singapore and HK so I'm a good roommate. Wide range of interests and like meeting and socializing with people from different backgrounds. Looking to eventually work in NYC so keen to explore the place/culture.

Send me a PM so we can work something out.

Incoming FT IB Analyst in Midtown looking for 1 or 2 roommates starting July 1st. Interested in an apt on the east side (preferably anywhere from 10th street to 61st between 1st/2nd and 5th ave).

About me: Outgoing, clean, open to going out on the weekends Rent: Max 1750 for rent, 1850-1900 all in Amenities: Must have gym and/or laundry-in-building.

Please pm if interested and with any questions.

Hi! I'll be starting in July FT in IB at a BB after graduation, originally from Canada. Looking for a place in FiDI/midtown, budget up to $2000.

I'm a pretty outgoing girl who enjoys going out on the weekend - PM if you are still looking for a roommate!

Is there anyone on here looking for a roommate in San Francisco starting full-time? I am going to be starting as an IB analyst at a bank in SF's financial district. Ideally looking at a rent budget between $1500 and $2000 per month. Being close to the office is a pretty high priority for me, but I'm definitely receptive to different neighborhoods.

Best Response

Looking for the AUTHENTIC Wall Street Summer Experience (Financial District) Looking for an apartment within a 4.5 mile radius of Wall Street. My summer internship at an elite bank and starts in late May. Don't worry about rent because you know I'm getting PAID. Must be close to Wall Street. Must be close to nightlife. I fucking tear shit up, and expect those living with me to do the same. I create systems of ALPHA-LIVING, a term I coined myself. Here is what that means: Preferred Lifestyle: Let me just dive right into it: I work harder than everyone else, and play even harder than I work. And when I say I work hard, I mean I fucking crunch numbers until my NOSE BLEEDS. The harder I work though, the more turned up I get. My endeavors include but are not limited to: lifting weights (home gym is non-negotiable), being woken up by natural sunlight ( this means I need the bedroom facing east), watching anything on Bravo (cable or I'm out), and an in-apartment sauna and/or steam shower (Sauna MUST have some type of audio capabilities). My Russian friend taught me that business gets done there over a good steam. Release the toxins and get ready to rock this city, that's what we're going to do. Speaking of toxins, I rage. I rage hard. Have you ever heard of something called "the dragon fucking the goat"? Don't even bother looking it up--I'll show you. Those living with me have to expect two things and two things only: 1. If you bring over hot pussy, I'M GOING TO FUCK IT. I don't care if it's your girlfriend or your grandma. Bottom line: we live in a FREE COUNTRY and I use my dick when and how I want (non-negotiable) 2. I only do bottle service. If you're throwing a party, I don't even care if its a Tuesday night, there has to be bottles and models. Swedish Vaska is welcomed and non-negotiable. Preferred Roommates: Male preferred but open to females if they understand that things will likely get sexual EXTREMELY QUICKLY and that is entirely out of my control. Roommates must come from a top-tiered Ivy, and be able to pull 2-3 females on a given night (without prior warning) . If you can recite the Dow Jones 30 in order of market cap, we're cool. If you know what LIBOR was today, we're cool. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you GET A LIFE because that level of knowledge is non-negotiable from my end. I fucking breed greatness and expect something a bit under that from those in my living vicinity ( non-negotiable). This may come as something of a surprise, but I also enjoy doing puzzles. I hope you're into that too cuz I've got some great ones I can bring. Another thing, I DON'T FUCKING SHARE MY WSJ WITH PEOPLE. In college some douche stole it from my steps every morning and I better not see you anywhere near it. And don't ask me for my subscription passwords. I won't share them because I pay for that shit so I can be better than you, not so we can hold hands and skip through a fucking meadow while we read it together. You should know The Game already so don't bother asking me. If you believe anything other than Capitalism, GTFO. Seriously. (Only exceptions is playing Drake's "Started from the Bottom."...but sparingly. If you didn't laugh at that, GTFO) On that note, rap to chill and DUBSTEP FOR PARTYING. If you play anything else I'm going to smash whatever stereo or pussy IPOD DOCK you have ( I don't give two fucks whether its got warranty or not.) Preferred recreational activities: It should be obvious by now that I work out and that I get huge while I do it. If you are upset by any noises I make while I throw weight up, then buy earplugs. By the way, If I need a spotter, I don't give a fuck who's sleeping...someone is GOING TO SPOT. The last rep is what separates the pussies from the alphas. I also read a lot, but never fiction (if it's not real, then why would you ever read it? It's just something that someone made up in their mind? Holy fuck that's useless). If I see some hipster bullshit like Kurt Vonnegut sitting around I will literally shit in your PILLOW CASE. Don't even tell me you fucking visited the Upper West Side. I go through 2 cases of Montecristo No 2. (straight from the fucking island--UPS requires a fucking signature, so if you're home just do it. ) every week. If you smoke my Cubans, then you'll either pay me cash ( with minimum 10% interest + risk premium which is non-negotiable) on the spot or we're going to have a big problem. I don't lift weights to look pretty, I do it to protect my fucking shit so expect that I will smash your face if you touch my stuff including CUBANs. My alcohol policy is simple: Johnny Walker Red Label. You bring that black label shit and you're GTFO. As you can see, for the most part I'm a pretty laid back guy. I will be chill if you are chill but that means following my rules which I've laid out here and AREN'T COMPLICATED. If you got rules of your own feel free to send them to me, although that shit will probably go directly to my SPAM folder ( it's not that I don't have respect for your rules, but they're not as good as mine because these are tried and true and my system works and is therefore non-negotiable). Those interests should include: LinkedIn profiles, a minimum of one story about your wildest fucking night in college ( USE REAL NAMES), and a picture of the hottest chick you've gotten with (NON-NEGOTIABLE and tits are a major PLUS). I will provide the same but only if I approve of yours so they had better be good and photoshopping WILL BE SNIFFED OUT (this is not some weird pervy thing but just to make sure you're as serious about this as I am). By the end of the summer, everyone will fucking know who we are (non-negotiable).

wanted to punch you in the face somewhere in the middle of the text

You killed the Greece spread goes up, spread goes down, from Wall Street they all play like a freak, Goldman Sachs 'o beat.

oulixeus:

Looking for the AUTHENTIC Wall Street Summer Experience (Financial District) Looking for an apartment within a 4.5 mile radius of Wall Street. My summer internship at an elite bank and starts in late May. Don't worry about rent because you know I'm getting PAID. Must be close to Wall Street. Must be close to nightlife. I fucking tear shit up, and expect those living with me to do the same. I create systems of ALPHA-LIVING, a term I coined myself. Here is what that means:
Preferred Lifestyle: Let me just dive right into it: I work harder than everyone else, and play even harder than I work. And when I say I work hard, I mean I fucking crunch numbers until my NOSE BLEEDS. The harder I work though, the more turned up I get. My endeavors include but are not limited to: lifting weights (home gym is non-negotiable), being woken up by natural sunlight ( this means I need the bedroom facing east), watching anything on Bravo (cable or I'm out), and an in-apartment sauna and/or steam shower (Sauna MUST have some type of audio capabilities). My Russian friend taught me that business gets done there over a good steam. Release the toxins and get ready to rock this city, that's what we're going to do. Speaking of toxins, I rage. I rage hard. Have you ever heard of something called "the dragon fucking the goat"? Don't even bother looking it up--I'll show you. Those living with me have to expect two things and two things only: 1. If you bring over hot pussy, I'M GOING TO FUCK IT. I don't care if it's your girlfriend or your grandma. Bottom line: we live in a FREE COUNTRY and I use my dick when and how I want (non-negotiable) 2. I only do bottle service. If you're throwing a party, I don't even care if its a Tuesday night, there has to be bottles and models. Swedish Vaska is welcomed and non-negotiable.
Preferred Roommates: Male preferred but open to females if they understand that things will likely get sexual EXTREMELY QUICKLY and that is entirely out of my control. Roommates must come from a top-tiered Ivy, and be able to pull 2-3 females on a given night (without prior warning) . If you can recite the Dow Jones 30 in order of market cap, we're cool. If you know what LIBOR was today, we're cool. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you GET A LIFE because that level of knowledge is non-negotiable from my end. I fucking breed greatness and expect something a bit under that from those in my living vicinity ( non-negotiable). This may come as something of a surprise, but I also enjoy doing puzzles. I hope you're into that too cuz I've got some great ones I can bring. Another thing, I DON'T FUCKING SHARE MY WSJ WITH PEOPLE. In college some douche stole it from my steps every morning and I better not see you anywhere near it. And don't ask me for my subscription passwords. I won't share them because I pay for that shit so I can be better than you, not so we can hold hands and skip through a fucking meadow while we read it together. You should know The Game already so don't bother asking me. If you believe anything other than Capitalism, GTFO. Seriously. (Only exceptions is playing Drake's "Started from the Bottom."...but sparingly. If you didn't laugh at that, GTFO) On that note, rap to chill and DUBSTEP FOR PARTYING. If you play anything else I'm going to smash whatever stereo or pussy IPOD DOCK you have ( I don't give two fucks whether its got warranty or not.)
Preferred recreational activities: It should be obvious by now that I work out and that I get huge while I do it. If you are upset by any noises I make while I throw weight up, then buy earplugs. By the way, If I need a spotter, I don't give a fuck who's sleeping...someone is GOING TO SPOT. The last rep is what separates the pussies from the alphas. I also read a lot, but never fiction (if it's not real, then why would you ever read it? It's just something that someone made up in their mind? Holy fuck that's useless). If I see some hipster bullshit like Kurt Vonnegut sitting around I will literally shit in your PILLOW CASE. Don't even tell me you fucking visited the Upper West Side. I go through 2 cases of Montecristo No 2. (straight from the fucking island--UPS requires a fucking signature, so if you're home just do it. ) every week. If you smoke my Cubans, then you'll either pay me cash ( with minimum 10% interest + risk premium which is non-negotiable) on the spot or we're going to have a big problem. I don't lift weights to look pretty, I do it to protect my fucking shit so expect that I will smash your face if you touch my stuff including CUBANs. My alcohol policy is simple: Johnny Walker Red Label. You bring that black label shit and you're GTFO.
As you can see, for the most part I'm a pretty laid back guy. I will be chill if you are chill but that means following my rules which I've laid out here and AREN'T COMPLICATED. If you got rules of your own feel free to send them to me, although that shit will probably go directly to my SPAM folder ( it's not that I don't have respect for your rules, but they're not as good as mine because these are tried and true and my system works and is therefore non-negotiable).
Those interests should include: LinkedIn profiles, a minimum of one story about your wildest fucking night in college ( USE REAL NAMES), and a picture of the hottest chick you've gotten with (NON-NEGOTIABLE and tits are a major PLUS). I will provide the same but only if I approve of yours so they had better be good and photoshopping WILL BE SNIFFED OUT (this is not some weird pervy thing but just to make sure you're as serious about this as I am).
By the end of the summer, everyone will fucking know who we are (non-negotiable).

Never Happened.

@Uncle Drew can't PM you because i just created an account. I have myself and someone else looking for a third roommate. We were also looking in the FIDi/MH/Midtown areas for latest July 1 or mid June move-in.

Hey guys,

My name is Ben, my roommates and I just rented out a 5 bedroom/4bath penthouse on the upper east side. We are currently 4 guys (we all go to Dartmouth) and we are looking for a fifth/have one extra bedroom as of now. The place is on 81st and 2nd and is brand new renovated/super nice, with a private roofdeck! Its really sweet and is a quick commute if you work in Midtown. Also, we are a really fun group of guys and love to have a good time! Message me if you are interested!

Thanks,

Ben

My rommate and I have a 3 BR / 1 BATH in the East Village, and need one roommate. August move in would be preferable. Rent is about $1600 a month. We have a great living room and kitchen as well. Send me a PM if interested.

Im looking for a roommate for a Sep move in, 23yo male, looking in the Murray Hill/Kips bay area ideally would look at other neighborhoods as well. Super chill guy, like to party on the weekends, etc, so if anyone is interested hit me up.

Tempora quibusdam sed at error et. Temporibus qui est unde suscipit consequatur aliquam. Incidunt aliquam earum cum ratione.

Est harum ut sapiente aut deserunt. Eum consequatur odit est qui veniam. Non dolore eum odio sed. Ducimus et ut accusamus aperiam aut iusto. Et non veniam minima ut ipsam sunt. Autem est qui nihil qui sit. Similique quasi omnis ducimus qui aut at tempora. Animi et sit quo eos magni et.

Reprehenderit dolor quia est. Sunt et tempora laudantium sed. Recusandae ut quo omnis quia omnis.

Provident et quis qui ea distinctio delectus. Debitis quae blanditiis quod. Qui fugiat voluptas sunt quae. Modi molestiae ut vel ut velit consequatur.

Eaque debitis dignissimos architecto ratione voluptatem asperiores. Voluptatibus molestiae minus velit quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”