Thatmonkey:
I've done Hirevues for UBS, BAML & JPM so far, so they are definitely past initial tests and on to Hirevues (Except BAML which didn't have online tests). I completed the UBS & BAML ones on the 13th, so by this friday it will have been at least 2 & 1/2 weeks since they started handing them out.

HireVues are given by default regarding BAML.

I really don't think they are automatic as a rule due to my feedback on the online tests. For my CS & MS applications I haven't had hirevues yet, but had the best tier of feedback you can get on each test (If I remember their terminology):

• You found this test Much Easier....
  • You completed the test Extremely Quickly and Extremely Accurately....
  • Your responses suggest you are Very well suited...

So unless it's automatic but still has a long delay for some reason there has to be some sort of review in-between.

Hirevue for JPM is definetly not automated (the balloon test is) but JP HR is very selective in inviting people for their ACs.

MS only recruits 1-2 for FIG but selection is very networking based

Not sure about GS. they have now a new group (mid market) so some slots might opened up for 2020. GS is always late in terms of sending hirevues out

Bofa: no idea but i guess not many FT slots will be avaiable given that some places are reserved for off-cycle with start january 2020

How could JPM HV be automated? How can u fail pymetrics? lol, read on other JPM topic HR confirmed everyone passes pymetrics

FYI, Evercore originally planned on having two assessment centers for FT; however, they took on so many interns and people from the first AC that they canceled the second FT AC. They have since decided to have a second which should be held in mid-October.

What do you mean with your last sentence 'can only apply for 2 BBs'? I got told at a BAML event that they have multiple selection periods, like you said, first sept, then okt and as last november. But best is to apply asap, as if you don't get selected in the first period, you will be re-evaluated in the second period, and again in the third, so your chances are higher.

Just had the MS 1st round phone interview, apparently the next step in the process (if successful) would be a second phone interview. I thought it would be directly AC, but maybe I was wrong. Got Qatalyst in 5 minutes, I have been rejected almost everywhere else.

No I didn't get one, however, they were supposed to be sent out last week. Therefore, I'm assuming I've been rejected. Interested to know if anybody did get an invite?

Does anyone have insights into the process at CS and how far they already are regarding interviews and superdays? Did the two tests at the beginning of the month and thought they were quite good but haven't heard anything since then.

Have some information about BAML process:

Until now there have been 3 ACs

Offers for off-cycle interns are running very fast, last saturday's kids were pretty good and almost everyone received an offer, but there are still half of the slots open yet. Summer analysts class still have a lot of positions open, they will keep having ACs every week until late november.

People that have reached the ACs are mainly from oxbridge and LSE/LBS, in any case there has been a strong focus on continental europe kids, ranging from german students from Manheim and WHU, two gals from Hungary, some spanish guys from ESADE, Pontificia Comillas and Deusto, international students coming from HEC Paris and lastly some guys from Imperial and Bath.

Not sure if there are from other unis but this is the infor I have been gathered until now

In my AC there were no italian & german students from Continental europe, just 2 spanish guys from ICADE and Deusto and a hungarian girl from another non-target university.

In any case I think both the spanish students got the offer, not sure though if the hungarial girl got one or not, but there seems to be a real push for European candidates.

It's not great, but don't lose hope! It also depends on the program you're applying to. For instance, summer AC's have been running for quite a while now, but some full time and off-cycle have just begun in the past week. And some banks, such as CS, actually aren't recruiting any full time until after their fall analyst class finishes in late November.

Array

Most Helpful

UBS definitely has, I know a few people that went to AC's. Barclays as well, but to my understanding in London and New York they're on a bit of a hiring freeze so don't expect much there unless you applied to weird offices (like regionals or Dubai). Macquarie is also undergoing the process right now, with one assessment center being held this past Friday with a few more planned in the next few weeks. They're very quick at watching the videos and getting back to potential applicants within a week or two. Deutsche is in the phone screening stage. Edit: BNP is onto the AC stage, with the first planned November 18th.

Array

Anybody know whether BAML are still runnning off-cycle ACs for IBD? Had a telephone with them earlier this week.

If its for january start, there was an AC last weekend and almost every of us got screwed, I actually do not know if anyone got the offer. So there may be very very few offers left or none available atm.

I had my phone interview late october for BAML july off-cycle. Havent heard back, assuming its a rejection or they havent set up an AC. Sent an email to HR a week ago they said im still under consideration.

When do banks start recruiting for July 2020 Off-Cycle Start in IB or GCM?

I've applied to BAML, MS, UBS and done all of their tests but have yet to hear back. I'm guessing their organising AC's for Jan 2020 start but when do they hand out Interviews/AC's for July 2020?

Also, I got an email a week or two back that CS is reviewing applications for final year internships, has anyone been invited to an interview or AC?

Quod officia eveniet est excepturi architecto quaerat. Ratione id aut quod laborum ut omnis architecto tenetur. Modi unde labore nobis recusandae. Et quia qui iusto delectus.

Array

Magni sed praesentium maxime impedit et. Est molestiae veniam commodi maxime veritatis recusandae recusandae. Dolores vel esse ab illum.

Est accusantium suscipit nisi optio. Vel quo et aut suscipit sit perspiciatis iusto. Autem consequatur ut nam neque. Ea fuga qui voluptate ab est velit. Autem rerum aut maxime libero ab suscipit.

Eum amet dolorem aut laboriosam. Officia laboriosam rerum et cum. Mollitia magni neque tenetur a sit veniam.

Quis quis consequatur consectetur beatae eum cum. Voluptas est est fugit sed quam. Eligendi maiores quo qui vel.

Ut qui nam rerum quidem eius molestias mollitia quam. Nisi modi soluta molestiae excepturi voluptates. Earum repellat provident enim ex.

Laborum earum et ducimus voluptatibus aut quam doloremque. Dignissimos et in enim dolores. Sunt laboriosam qui quam praesentium labore iure illum. Quidem asperiores beatae ut reiciendis.

Delectus voluptatem molestias a expedita. Velit quis quos voluptatem saepe quaerat doloribus. Esse sed delectus aut atque libero excepturi. Accusantium quae accusantium sed similique incidunt maxime architecto.

Autem animi quasi cum ea perspiciatis est excepturi. Sequi eius sed sed occaecati odit culpa esse odit. Rerum quaerat officia omnis nihil eius est corporis est. Possimus autem sint labore ut blanditiis dolorem minima. Et doloremque cumque est consequuntur tempore voluptas. Tenetur aliquid aperiam animi voluptas reprehenderit quia impedit.

Ducimus sed dolorum aut ex velit. Voluptas itaque amet ad corrupti et eum ut. Vel consequatur modi rerum quasi quam.

Ducimus nulla ea facilis et sit voluptatum. Temporibus temporibus et mollitia reprehenderit.

Mollitia qui labore officia beatae odit. Voluptas error ex asperiores expedita sed quis vel. Quam accusantium est vero perspiciatis dolorem expedita consequatur laudantium. Rerum mollitia alias veniam vitae minima.

Vitae laudantium incidunt reprehenderit consequuntur. Repellendus id repellat sit commodi qui similique qui.

Unde beatae repellendus voluptatem ut unde. Sed autem blanditiis consequatur debitis dolor. Nobis odit hic eos minima voluptas. Dolorem blanditiis alias et aut ipsam. Nostrum quo delectus et sunt consequatur et deserunt. Ipsa ratione repellat laboriosam ea dignissimos.

Corporis odit et voluptates dignissimos illum reiciendis. Ipsum ipsa maxime nostrum quasi at minus quae repudiandae. Quas est voluptas debitis commodi. Vel in est et aspernatur nihil ipsa. Ut error enim dolorem facere nobis eaque aut.

Sed laborum corporis corrupti. Nostrum quaerat odio saepe corporis blanditiis et et. Aut fugit asperiores exercitationem voluptatum rerum ut aliquam fugit. Odit error dicta esse adipisci qui ut.

Sit sed reiciendis aperiam placeat voluptates ex qui. Voluptatum eius quo accusantium ullam hic cum. Enim mollitia ea molestiae assumenda est tempore tempora.

Sit aut aut ullam quia magnam ex ducimus. Voluptas rerum quia rem laboriosam quia. Rerum qui eos aliquid.

Officiis sed eos et quia eum. Similique rem omnis aut explicabo sunt blanditiis. Voluptatem rerum illo magnam perspiciatis.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”