Goldman Sachs 2020 SA

As I have not seen a discussion of this topic, I thought it would be a good idea to start one. With the application opening next week, can anyone provide insight into the past few years process? Feel free to discuss any and all topics related to the 2020 SA position. Thanks!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (1959)

Jun 26, 2019 - 2:19pm

What I've heard from school alum is hirevue to phone screen to super day, unless you get on an accelerated process then I think it's hirevue straight to phone screen with the hirevue being more of a formality. But I don't know how the accelerated process works with new york - for the other offices it's apparently usually through the insight days.

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Jun 26, 2019 - 4:17pm

Heard the same thing from a recruiter. Hirevue's are seen by two different people (one HR and one in the division) they each give you a score out of 5 on three different things: communication, knowledge, and one other thing I forgot. Then they average out both their scores, and give a phone screen to the top x amount of people.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Funniest
Jun 26, 2019 - 2:24pm

I'm still waiting for a response to my 2019 SA application. Hope I get it!

made new unrelated account - dont reply or message as i never use it. 

Jun 27, 2019 - 8:11am

So I'm sorry if I sound dumb but does everyone/most people get a hirevue? Where does the quality of your resume/past experience/GPA factor in? Is the point of networking to get a HireVue or to pass the HireVue stage?

Again, I'm sorry if this is basic knowledge. I just don't know much.

Jun 27, 2019 - 8:32am

From my understanding, the whole reason they started hirevues was so that they could give access to far more people. At first, they would only interview mainly people at targets but now they are able to interview far more people. If you meet the criteria (GPA, Class year, etc) you should receive a hirevue. This is according to my understanding and the people I have spoken with. Hope that helps.

Jun 28, 2019 - 12:41pm

Filtered resume scan (keywords), next step is hirevue, then an actual person reviews your data/application documents. First round and any face to face interview has been completely replaced with Hirevue and other algos (don't know if this is true anywhere other than BB). GL

Jun 27, 2019 - 9:17am

Is it necessary to have people at the firm pushing for you to get a Superday, or does the networking only kick in after that? AKA, is it too late if you don't have a strong network at GS as of now?

Jun 27, 2019 - 3:08pm

It's always worth reaching out and networking. That doesn't end when you get the interview, the superday, the job. Even on the job you want to continue networking. The bigger and better (quality) network = more quality opportunities throughout your career. An extreme example of this would be a good friend of mine. He's a F150 CFO. He has his current gig because he worked for the firm's current CEO at a different firm several yrs (and jobs) ago. When the new CEO assembled his team, he called my buddy and recruited him over (from a CFO spot at a different company). They had kept in touch over the years, liked each other, etc.

Networking is not just for getting started, it's about staying in motion.

Jun 29, 2019 - 12:22am

Are yall rising sophomores or juniors? Is there an accelerated process for the sophomore timeline?

Array
Aug 3, 2019 - 9:30am

Mind sharing the CIMD Questions. I applied to a regional office and just got the hirevue. I will venmo you just DM me.

Array
Jul 1, 2019 - 12:28am

Upon attempting to apply for an investment banking SA position, I was met with an interesting conflict. I selected the "New York City" area in the application and turns out there is no option for this area for an IB SA. What???

Edit: It says that if you receive an interview, you can discuss movement another position if you were to get the SA, but after you send in this application you can not change the positions you applied to. I'm going to send in the application for Global Investment Research in this case and if I get an interview I will take it for there...

Jul 1, 2019 - 12:50am

Maybe but I've already submitted an application for GIR so if they fix this "error" I won't be able to even change it for myself, I'll just have to hope for an interview and tell them in person.

• Prospect in IB - Restr
Jul 1, 2019 - 1:29am

It's almost certainly an error -- I would just wait until the morning to apply.

My recommendation is to avoid submitting an app right now for any programs you would not actually want to join! There is no harm in waiting twelve hours to apply.

Jul 1, 2019 - 10:44am

feeling better about my chances after reading this thread..

Array
Jul 12, 2019 - 10:54pm

Have you gotten the actual Hirevue? I only got the email telling me I was picked for the Hirevue. They said I would get it by 8 PM EST tonight but I haven't received it.

Array
Jul 1, 2019 - 11:36pm

Can anyone elaborate more on this program? Is this an IB sophomore internship only for diversity candidates or is it consumer/investment management/ securities as listed on an application I found online? If its the latter, is consumer/investment management or securities better for a IB internship junior year?

I go to a target for IB if that helps.

Jul 7, 2019 - 8:59am

does anyone get this error when trying to apply to an additional position?

"We have noticed that you are trying to apply to a combination of Positions that is not valid.
Please click the 'Apply Now' link in the left menu to select another position."

Clicking Apply Now doesn't work.

Jul 9, 2019 - 2:03pm

To add to this, my contact told me that you will only be considered for the first wave of hirevues if you applied within the first 5? (he did not know the exact cut off, but said it was definitely under a week after opening) days of the app opening

Jul 9, 2019 - 8:09pm

the resume I submitted has my old major gpa, but I cant edit the app. Should I just worry about this if I get further in the process? The cumulative gpa I chose on the drop down is still correct so idk how much it matters.

Array
  • Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Jul 12, 2019 - 11:49am

Error maxime quas nihil est. Quia animi ducimus assumenda illo et ut eum. Laboriosam dolor omnis dolorum esse minima cum beatae.

Jul 12, 2019 - 5:58pm

Pariatur amet et nobis esse voluptatem facilis sequi eaque. Fuga sed et impedit officiis. Voluptas illum deserunt ut quo. Dicta doloribus quod ea temporibus. Id eos est in voluptate.

Earum id officia repudiandae facilis. Cumque repellendus ab maxime. Architecto aliquam id amet doloribus corrupti quidem. Magnam esse tempore neque vel. Quia recusandae rerum quisquam sint aut et saepe magnam.

Jul 12, 2019 - 6:04pm

Quibusdam voluptas non dolore illo. Minima a impedit omnis qui accusantium consectetur. Ut asperiores ea sapiente sint id. Rem quasi aut consequuntur repellendus fuga velit id. Suscipit incidunt quasi rerum sit et.

Quod ipsa sit voluptatum et qui qui quo consequatur. Aut non quo iste est ducimus voluptas eveniet. Sit temporibus esse est atque itaque modi. Et dolorem repellat enim est commodi. Autem omnis possimus facere aperiam sunt provident. Dolor aperiam architecto dicta consequatur placeat ipsa.

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jul 12, 2019 - 5:58pm

Quod consequatur magnam quia voluptatibus aut aut. Fuga nisi placeat blanditiis magnam a qui nemo. Sapiente pariatur sunt soluta adipisci ea. Dolorem laudantium ut eveniet aut est earum aut. Sequi et id rerum suscipit quia est in adipisci. Et eveniet et vel et ratione et.

Nobis et facilis distinctio. Dolor tenetur maxime similique in officiis. Earum neque pariatur velit in ut sapiente natus. Iusto quos quia sit repellat sit nam.

Veniam perspiciatis et ut dolores ad. Quod non pariatur unde architecto et. Ex suscipit dolorem provident aut deleniti harum quia.

Jul 12, 2019 - 6:05pm

Natus voluptatibus accusamus voluptas eligendi nulla laudantium perferendis. Sunt mollitia corrupti et ad. Non eum nemo neque recusandae officiis eligendi fugit harum. Amet facere illo in quod qui eum qui. Explicabo sed sunt et molestias dicta dolor. Vitae aspernatur aut aut dolor accusantium dolores dolore. Quia dolorem laudantium quos occaecati officia ducimus quia id.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (219) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (133) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (484) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (376) $82