Interview for Evercore S&T ER Sales Summer analyst 2018 Please Help

RichChigga's picture

I just got a interview for Evercore ISI equity research sales, can someone shed some light on it. What should I expect at the interview?

Comments (79)

Sep 23, 2017

It may not be exactly what you were looking for but here's a popular S&T Guide, Part One.

Gekkos Guidance: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/gekkos-guid...

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing, and i am no quite sure that i know that." Socrates

Sep 24, 2017

Thanks so much.

Sep 25, 2017

You can most likely expect to pitch a stock to multiple interviewers in a row. So in recommendation I would suggest having at least 1 Buy and 1 Sell presentation. Also have a view on the current market and recent news.

Sep 25, 2017

I'm worry about the fit questions.

Sep 25, 2017

Are you taking for S&T or ER? Heard they are having interviews for both and super day October second week.

Learn More

Side-by-side comparison of top modeling training courses + exclusive discount through WSO here.

Sep 25, 2017

I'm doing it for equity research sales

Sep 26, 2017

Yeah I had this yesterday I literally didn't get asked any behavioral or technical questions just got asked about my background and we talked a bit about the interviewer's role and the internship program at Evercore. She kept saying you're a strong candidate but don't know what to expect. She did say that they were going to finish evaluating candidates this week and then invite to SuperDays.

Sep 26, 2017

Do you go to a target school? Or any major internship or job?

Sep 26, 2017

Finance major and non-target school with no networking as well. Just got lucky and got an interview through resume

Sep 27, 2017

Do you have relevant working experience?

Sep 27, 2017

What type of work experience do you have? What's on your resume that they talk mainly about?

Sep 27, 2017

Yeah i've interned the last two summers and I did IB last summer at a small boutique firm. They literally just talk about what you did and why Evercore

Sep 27, 2017

Was it both IB at a small boutique firm? What's your GPA like?

Sep 27, 2017

GPA is 3.9+ and yes small boutique firm

Sep 27, 2017

Did you get invited for Equity research or Equity sales and trading? I thought they are two different positions because I submitted separate apps for both.

Sep 27, 2017

Specific to Sales and Trading, just want to clarify i HAVEN'T received a superday yet the Director said that they wanted to go through everyone who they were talking to for the week and then would let me know

Sep 27, 2017

What type of questions did they ask you for your phone interview? Anything technical or just behavioral? Thanks

Sep 27, 2017

The position that I'm interviewing for today is Equity Research Sales it's not equity sales or equity research. What position are you guys interviewing with? And, I'm not interviewing with a director, it's first round with an analyst... Are you guys are interviewing for the role in New York?

Sep 27, 2017

I did NYC and to be honest I think they have a decent idea of who they're going to be taking. The call seemed more informational rather than an interview

Sep 27, 2017

I'm having a phone interview tomorrow for the Sales and Trading internship. And yeah I'm interviewing with an analyst for the role in NYC.

Sep 27, 2017

I also interviewed with the director

Sep 27, 2017

Just checked again- so is mine. How did yours go @cheesecake / what'd you apply for?

Sep 27, 2017

Equity S&T very conversational interview, nothing behavioral and technical

Learn More

Side-by-side comparison of top modeling training courses + exclusive discount through WSO here.

Sep 27, 2017

She asked me did I apply a lot of jobs this summer. I feel like
she wanted to reject me and just tried to make sure I applied other jobs. Any thoughts?

Sep 27, 2017

any idea on when people will be hiring back?

Sep 27, 2017

No idea how they are going to evaluate candidates moving forward. My idea is that they narrowed down a lot of candidates to do these conversational interviews and then will give most of them superdays, atleast I hope.

Sep 27, 2017

That's how my friend interpret her question, so I just freaked out. I dont feel like they really screened us by asking some interview questions but wanted to know if we're interested in their program and weed out those who sounds disinterested?? That's what I felt. Lol

Sep 27, 2017

I didn't get any of that. I just got ask tell me about yourself and that was it. From there it was just general talks and me asking questions. It sounds to me that they probably already fill up most intern in the class. They are look for 5 equity research intern and 3 S&T intern. I don't even know why they interview me...

Sep 27, 2017

Did she/he say when we will hear back?

Sep 27, 2017

Two weeks. I told her I'm strictly interested in sales. Even though it sounds like I can also pursue the research or trading path. I told her I'm interested in sales.

Sep 28, 2017

I don't think they've necessarily filled up most of there spots however you are right they do have 4-5 spots each for Research and S&T so 10 or so combined. All I know is there are Superdays early Oct so either that is first or second week. They might have weeded out robots and if you had a general conversation that shows you were curious you should be good especially since you made it this far and I don't see that many other people getting this

Sep 29, 2017

Did anyone hear back after S&T phone interview? I was told by the analyst who interviewed me that we should hear back by the end of this week and the superday will be either on 18 or 19.

Sep 30, 2017

Anyone heard back? I emailed the analyst just to thank her for her time after my interview on Wednesday. And, she reply Friday saying that she look forward to speaking soon. Is that a good sign?

Sep 30, 2017

Yes I think it is.

Sep 30, 2017

Seems like a good sign. Mine replied too but still haven't heard from them though he said by the end of this week

Sep 30, 2017

I was told by early this upcoming week so I would assume Monday

Sep 30, 2017

I was told the same thing. Btw I think we both interviewed with the same person. The director of equity sales. Did you send her thank you email?

Oct 1, 2017

Yep I did so about 30 mins after we talked and shot her another email a couple days later as well

Oct 1, 2017

I didn't I'm worried if I got auto-dinged because of this ......

Oct 1, 2017

I think you're fine it doesn't make or break the decision, however I don't even know how they're making a decision to begin with

Oct 2, 2017

I didn't even get interview by the director, I was interview by an analyst from sales, so I tailored my story to "I want to do sales" even though she told me that I could try interview for Trading or equity research but I stick to sales because I think she was just testing me. Anyway, I'm nervous af on this.

Oct 2, 2017

I don't think who you interviewed with matters. They're all within the same internship committee. probably they were assigned to interview different people randomly.

Oct 2, 2017

Did anyone hear back today?

Oct 3, 2017

nope

Oct 4, 2017

Anything yet?

Oct 4, 2017

Nope lol think we're all done at this point

Oct 4, 2017

I emailed the analyst who interviewed me. He said it is taking longer than they expected but I will hear from them by the beginning of next week at the latest.

Oct 4, 2017

Sounds good thanks man

Oct 5, 2017

Nice. I think someone told me the superday is next week.

Oct 5, 2017

I was told it is on either 18th or 19th

Oct 5, 2017

If it was next week then they will tell you by tomorrow most likely otherwise it is probably the week after.

Oct 5, 2017

I'm curious if they'll also inform those who aren't selected for superday?

Oct 5, 2017

Maybe but if you don't find out you got it when everybody else did you know you didn't get it

Oct 5, 2017

yea i think so. I just emailed the director she told me that they are still in the process of closing round 1 and someone from the firm will be in touch soon. I'm not sure if they're still interviewing people but I feel like we won't hear back until next week.

Oct 5, 2017

Please update us, if someone got a offer for superday. I'm suppose to move forward with a big four for auditing.

Oct 7, 2017

anyone have any updates?

Oct 9, 2017

updates?

Oct 9, 2017

Somone in my school got a rejection email. Few never heard back.

Oct 9, 2017

I am deadass nervous af. I just got a rejection from Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage. But, I'm going to super day at JP Morgan this Thursday for Middle Market Banking. And, I just decline my offer at General Mills for FLDP. So, this is killing me.

Oct 13, 2017

yes I received an email response from one of the MD's on October 11th. Im scheduled for the 19th, and will be interviewed by 4 directors.

Oct 13, 2017

yeah same- how've you been preparing

Oct 13, 2017

Gonna go make sure i have a stock pitch ready, an WSJ article to reference, read up on markets, etc. You? What else have you heard of their super days?

Oct 15, 2017

I'll be doing the same and going over usual interview questions. And not much honestly, because Evercore is a smaller bank its been more difficult to find what their superdays have been like. Hbu? Also, what division did you apply to? I did equity S&T.

Oct 15, 2017

Same over here. I applied to Equity S&T as well, but I'm interviewing with 2 FIG people. Im gonna prepare for both equity and fixed income questions.

Oct 16, 2017

Whats your interview schedule like?

Oct 16, 2017

from 230-340pm 4 interviews, 20 min. each

Oct 16, 2017

I'm on the 18th with the same situation. Good luck man

Oct 17, 2017

hey thanks man. You too. If you don't mind updating me after it, I would really appreciate it

Oct 26, 2017

Sorry I just saw this- mine was pretty standard, a few technicals but mostly behavioral. How about you? Also, do you know when we're supposed to be hearing back? I was meaning to ask one of the last people I interviewed with but time ran up before I got the chance.

Oct 10, 2017

Should we notify Evercore about our super days?

Oct 10, 2017

Probably won't help unless you get an offer

Oct 17, 2017

Got a rejection today. 3 fucking rejections in a week.

Oct 26, 2017

Has anyone heard back from Evercore s&t superday?

Oct 26, 2017

No, I had my interview a week ago and was meaning to ask but the interview ended before I got the chance. I applied for NYC equities S&T. Do you know when you're expecting to hear back / when did you interview?

Oct 26, 2017

I interviewed last friday and they didnt say when i would hear back. But i do know the recruiting team was meeting to talk on tuesday i think.

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017