Wondering the same thing. For what it's worth, I applied last year for the 2021 SA and I did the hirevue, but was never asked for my preferences, although I believe others were. Needless to say, I did not get a superday.

looks like only a couple groups are actually hiring FT based on the attached PDF they sent? seems like FT recruiting will be harder, unless. today's survey was only sent to select candidates.

Okay so based on the comments it looks like we made it through and that historically preferences aren't sent to candidates who didn't make it through (I didn't get one last year and I never got a super day). Also for the poster that says FT will be harder since only these groups are recruiting, these groups are also seeing increased volume so it's natural they're hiring. 

I saw on last years forum that everyone was saying superdays were anywhere from September to November but it was all over the place. Not a lot of people saying if they actually got the survey or not and a lot of people saying they just never heard back after hirevue

I saw on last years forum that everyone was saying superdays were anywhere from September to November but it was all over the place. Not a lot of people saying if they actually got the survey or not and a lot of people saying they just never heard back after hirevue

jeez how we we handle exploding return offers then? Sept/Nov seems too late for people with returns to risk

I also saw something on a different forum saying that JPM has a high weighting on the pymetrics and people that score in I believe the top 20% or so get an automatic superday

Funniest

im a beast at the one where you click on the spacebar super fast. should push me to the 20% hopefully 

From what I’ve seen on other forums it looks like a vast majority of people get pymetrics if not all, and then it dwindles down form there. Most people will get hirevue and then we aren’t exactly sure how many people get the group preferences survey and what that means in terms of superdays/interviews

How was the superday for you? how heavy on technicals vs. fit?

Did the HireVue ~6 days ago and just got the group preferences survey today. Doesn't seem like everyone gets it. 

Does anyone have insight into the different groups (Diversified Industrials, Media & Communications, FIG, REALIB, Financial Sponsors Group, Regional IB, Healthcare, Tech) and which are better in terms of culture, deal flow, etc?

I saw a different forum where most people were saying that FIG, DI, and HC tend to be really strong. I didn’t see too much about their culture but those seemed to be the groups that were coming up the most in terms of their strongest groups

I ddi not see the FSG or Tech in the survey? M&C and HC are known to be stronger groups.

After the group survey, would the next round of interviews be a phone interview or the super day?

People are thinking it will be straight to superday, but if more and more people keep getting the survey I’m guessing they would have to do a phone interview or something prior to the superday

Most Helpful

I think you're overly pessimistic about the significance of the survey:

1. There are definitely people who have not gotten it. You also have to remember that WSO is not a random sample of applicants. If you're on this website, you're probably an above-average candidate in the first place.

2. Why would they wait a week or so after your HireVue to send you the survey if they didn't like what they saw in your HireVue or if it was an automatic follow-up? The HireVue itself comes almost immediately after submitting the Pymetrics. The survey does not.

3. Logically, the main reason they sent it in the first place is to determine who should interview you based on your interests. That said, it's also possible that if too many people are interested in Healthcare, for instance, then not everyone who puts Healthcare as their #1 will get an interview - at least not with the Healthcare group.

Diversified industrials, media, tech, etc.

I'm gunning to move to a better coverage group from where I currently am, and these are definitely the more competitive ones (not industrials so much).

If you're just trying to get into banking, hate your summer bank, etc. I'd probably put stuff like ECM, FIG, etc higher, tech/media much lower.

Anyone hear back yet after filling out preference survey? I got mine yesterday but am waiting to talk to an alum there before I fill mine out (if I get any useful recon I'll share here). 

Also, for FT undergrad hiring, should we expect modeling tests? There's another thread I just saw and people were talking about this... I sure hope there isn't (lol) and if there is, hopefully we have plenty of time for it. 

Does anyone know if the survey is based on both your resume and your actual hirevue video? I did my hirevue last weekend and got the survey the morning right afterwards. I always thought survey was only after they reviewed hirevues but the fact that I got it within 24 hours of doing the hirevue is kinda odd (especially since I didn't think I did that well on it) and makes me think that the survey might be an automated email that was sent.

I would have guessed it was based on both hirevue and resume. I think so far you’re the first person to have received it so fast everyone else has waiting a couple days at least and I think I waited over a week for it. I think it could possibly be based on having a strong resume and maybe that was passed along before you did hirevue? 

I think a reason might be because I did my hirevue pretty late compared to when I applied (finished the hirevue more than a week after I initially applied) so I'm guessing they send the survey out at around the same date for most people, it might just have taken a week for you to get it because you did the hirevue earlier? Doesn't make that much sense to me but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I just did as well -- when it asks you if you got a referral LOL... thought JPM got rid of referrals... 

Well, I think there are three ways to interpret this survey. The first one is that people who got it are gonna be kicked out of the process and might get a last saving grace if they have higher connections. 2, people who did not get it have just been dinged and this survey is a further detailed evaluation for figuring out interview parings. 3, HR like normal HR is being an ass and pointlessly throwing this shit out.

my guy, which survey are you talking about? Group preference or the gov't/JPM connection one?

got the first survey but not the second follow-up survey. Target school, decent gpa, and internship experiences in adjacent fields to investment banking.

In case it's helpful, I just got the follow-up Govt connection survey today. Not sure that means much, but I guess they're still coming out

did anyone network? how much would it help (or hurt if you didn't) at superday stage?

Quaerat necessitatibus rerum eum quisquam quia dignissimos eum. Quia aut eaque in veniam.

Ad tempore qui quidem maiores est ipsum odio. Aut accusantium molestiae eos veritatis. Reiciendis quis sunt tempora illum ullam. Sit quaerat repellendus provident.

Qui id in commodi sint tempore. Minus atque rerum omnis et. Veritatis animi veniam aut et distinctio.

Cum sunt in quam sunt voluptas aperiam unde. Est vitae nobis amet. Doloremque architecto alias vel eaque voluptatem quidem repellat. Accusamus numquam error blanditiis inventore quas. Iste quam laboriosam animi omnis voluptatem. Quam ea ut quo illum. Aliquid et veniam sit voluptatum rerum architecto qui.

Voluptatibus omnis necessitatibus quasi sit necessitatibus. Vitae velit excepturi quaerat eius deserunt eum iusto.

Consectetur sunt deserunt aut perspiciatis quae maxime eveniet et. Ut necessitatibus voluptas similique eum distinctio. Mollitia numquam et veritatis quia est autem sit. Corrupti deserunt accusantium ut et.

Et id quis sit sequi dolor. Modi nobis inventore asperiores voluptas aperiam voluptatem. Corrupti voluptatibus dolores quia non tempore earum perspiciatis ipsum. Nihil qui minima repudiandae esse consequuntur quo a laudantium.

Alias sunt dolor voluptatem omnis qui mollitia accusantium. Minima vel quaerat voluptatem voluptas exercitationem hic suscipit. Ut voluptas quo vel.

Molestiae sed tempora perferendis doloribus. Incidunt quo non omnis reiciendis quae sed aspernatur. Amet iusto quasi omnis alias. Unde cupiditate in facilis ut.

Aspernatur nostrum optio eum maxime et laboriosam ipsa. Consequatur eum laboriosam quia laborum. In vel est atque consequuntur molestiae quae.

Et laboriosam voluptatem aut culpa possimus. Optio consequuntur quia ullam a iste delectus debitis provident. Eos nihil ipsam aut porro debitis sit.

Nemo cumque voluptatem minima voluptatem sunt. Ut dolore in enim qui maiores sequi error. Quam ea vero consequatur reiciendis quaerat reprehenderit voluptatem. In voluptatibus non non voluptas. Ullam officiis rem molestiae quod voluptates.

Necessitatibus officiis tenetur consequatur aut doloremque. Vel pariatur explicabo labore sed aspernatur quo. Iusto perspiciatis rerum exercitationem consectetur ea vel. Voluptates nam consequatur velit neque. Sunt ipsam aut nihil quia quia qui.

Sit qui nihil dolorem id aut expedita nam. Aperiam assumenda quisquam est ipsum et ducimus. Ducimus autem recusandae sint. Repellat porro et odit in voluptatem et non. Veritatis ea minus quia aut.

Odit velit molestiae est optio necessitatibus excepturi est ut. Nihil et quisquam quisquam illo.

Quia ut consequatur ut. Similique nulla animi tenetur quia nesciunt soluta. In quia modi modi non impedit tempora. Alias fuga animi omnis neque accusantium quo repellendus.

Earum dolorem pariatur veritatis. Necessitatibus officia mollitia voluptatum. Possimus ut dolores qui rerum laborum quisquam. Ratione molestiae voluptatem placeat iure iste. Dolores culpa perferendis ut distinctio ipsam et possimus. Ut non ea nihil dolor quisquam. Tempore id quia fugit cumque.

Sed ullam impedit et aut quam. Numquam aspernatur nam et soluta quibusdam facere.

Vero vitae repellat deserunt quia eligendi sunt. Magni nemo sapiente laboriosam eum ipsam possimus enim mollitia. Dolores vero nesciunt dignissimos voluptatibus dolores facere. Qui perspiciatis id inventore quisquam possimus maiores aut. Est voluptatum tenetur pariatur.

Possimus velit et laboriosam quisquam. Quia cumque repellendus omnis odio.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”