410 Comments
 

Okay so based on the comments it looks like we made it through and that historically preferences aren't sent to candidates who didn't make it through (I didn't get one last year and I never got a super day). Also for the poster that says FT will be harder since only these groups are recruiting, these groups are also seeing increased volume so it's natural they're hiring. 

 

Yeah that makes sense. How did you guys rank the groups? How long do you think until they let everyone know if they got an interview?

 

I saw on last years forum that everyone was saying superdays were anywhere from September to November but it was all over the place. Not a lot of people saying if they actually got the survey or not and a lot of people saying they just never heard back after hirevue

 

I saw on last years forum that everyone was saying superdays were anywhere from September to November but it was all over the place. Not a lot of people saying if they actually got the survey or not and a lot of people saying they just never heard back after hirevue

 

I also saw something on a different forum saying that JPM has a high weighting on the pymetrics and people that score in I believe the top 20% or so get an automatic superday

 

My guess is it the super day is going to be end of august/ early September it would be two weeks before? Anyone else have a better idea

 

I’m not sure you can try and look up the app and see if it’s still open. I don’t remember seeing a closing date on it

 

From what I’ve seen on other forums it looks like a vast majority of people get pymetrics if not all, and then it dwindles down form there. Most people will get hirevue and then we aren’t exactly sure how many people get the group preferences survey and what that means in terms of superdays/interviews

 

Are HireVues just behavioral right? I feel fine with technicals but would be a little caught off guard if that popped up lol. Assuming it's basic behaviorals about you and why JPM/your fit with them

 

Did the HireVue ~6 days ago and just got the group preferences survey today. Doesn't seem like everyone gets it. 

Does anyone have insight into the different groups (Diversified Industrials, Media & Communications, FIG, REALIB, Financial Sponsors Group, Regional IB, Healthcare, Tech) and which are better in terms of culture, deal flow, etc?

 

I saw a different forum where most people were saying that FIG, DI, and HC tend to be really strong. I didn’t see too much about their culture but those seemed to be the groups that were coming up the most in terms of their strongest groups

 

People are thinking it will be straight to superday, but if more and more people keep getting the survey I’m guessing they would have to do a phone interview or something prior to the superday

 
Most Helpful

I think you're overly pessimistic about the significance of the survey:

1. There are definitely people who have not gotten it. You also have to remember that WSO is not a random sample of applicants. If you're on this website, you're probably an above-average candidate in the first place.

2. Why would they wait a week or so after your HireVue to send you the survey if they didn't like what they saw in your HireVue or if it was an automatic follow-up? The HireVue itself comes almost immediately after submitting the Pymetrics. The survey does not.

3. Logically, the main reason they sent it in the first place is to determine who should interview you based on your interests. That said, it's also possible that if too many people are interested in Healthcare, for instance, then not everyone who puts Healthcare as their #1 will get an interview - at least not with the Healthcare group.

 

Diversified industrials, media, tech, etc.

I'm gunning to move to a better coverage group from where I currently am, and these are definitely the more competitive ones (not industrials so much).

If you're just trying to get into banking, hate your summer bank, etc. I'd probably put stuff like ECM, FIG, etc higher, tech/media much lower.

 

I believe my order was Real estate gaming lodging, ECM, and then media, etc. That was kind of my idea for putting ECM so high, just trying to get in the bank.

 

Anyone hear back yet after filling out preference survey? I got mine yesterday but am waiting to talk to an alum there before I fill mine out (if I get any useful recon I'll share here). 

 

Also, for FT undergrad hiring, should we expect modeling tests? There's another thread I just saw and people were talking about this... I sure hope there isn't (lol) and if there is, hopefully we have plenty of time for it. 

 

Does anyone know if the survey is based on both your resume and your actual hirevue video? I did my hirevue last weekend and got the survey the morning right afterwards. I always thought survey was only after they reviewed hirevues but the fact that I got it within 24 hours of doing the hirevue is kinda odd (especially since I didn't think I did that well on it) and makes me think that the survey might be an automated email that was sent.

 

I would have guessed it was based on both hirevue and resume. I think so far you’re the first person to have received it so fast everyone else has waiting a couple days at least and I think I waited over a week for it. I think it could possibly be based on having a strong resume and maybe that was passed along before you did hirevue? 

 

I think a reason might be because I did my hirevue pretty late compared to when I applied (finished the hirevue more than a week after I initially applied) so I'm guessing they send the survey out at around the same date for most people, it might just have taken a week for you to get it because you did the hirevue earlier? Doesn't make that much sense to me but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

 

Well, I think there are three ways to interpret this survey. The first one is that people who got it are gonna be kicked out of the process and might get a last saving grace if they have higher connections. 2, people who did not get it have just been dinged and this survey is a further detailed evaluation for figuring out interview parings. 3, HR like normal HR is being an ass and pointlessly throwing this shit out.

 

my guy, which survey are you talking about? Group preference or the gov't/JPM connection one?

 

I got it. Go to a target school. Did sophomore program and IB internship at a BB bank. And recruited with staffer of group I am interested in. 

 

got the first survey but not the second follow-up survey. Target school, decent gpa, and internship experiences in adjacent fields to investment banking.

 

Vel facilis et a ducimus. Asperiores necessitatibus culpa unde in sequi.

Consectetur ut esse iste dolor alias velit. Non delectus dolores porro sequi quas ea nobis.

Blanditiis est consequatur sequi ea. Et explicabo pariatur quisquam qui ut qui. Eos nesciunt atque iste dolorem autem. Dicta cupiditate incidunt et voluptas esse. Exercitationem qui maiores aut maxime eius qui et. Enim et ut sit sapiente. Perspiciatis eligendi eos et earum amet doloremque incidunt.

Adipisci aut fuga est explicabo iure commodi. Fuga impedit repellendus consectetur ut aspernatur.

 

Quis nobis nesciunt facere quia laboriosam repellat. Qui pariatur et natus atque eius. Corrupti enim vel voluptate sed.

Eos corrupti saepe cumque qui. Est similique iure voluptatem. Et exercitationem voluptatibus minus pariatur repudiandae. Voluptatem voluptas voluptatem nobis voluptas totam. Nulla et tempora rem voluptate est temporibus. Nesciunt maiores eligendi sed dicta.

 

Iure beatae ducimus voluptas vitae est. Fugit quam excepturi sed mollitia qui quasi et totam. Illo maxime dolorem sit ut quia aut labore.

Repellendus ipsam ut ut aliquam dolor sed consequatur saepe. Illo asperiores voluptate facere non quasi aut reprehenderit. Odit expedita aut exercitationem rerum.

 

Eos nihil aut esse exercitationem porro. Minima possimus enim corrupti provident porro natus at. Excepturi omnis eaque consequuntur id facere cumque aut. Distinctio aut facere distinctio aut quidem consequatur dolores ut.

Et et soluta iusto qui ut. Commodi ipsum inventore consequatur sapiente et molestias magnam. Aut aut natus voluptates porro. Voluptas accusantium iste maiores recusandae. Deleniti quas qui molestiae vel deleniti nostrum. Incidunt omnis doloremque tenetur expedita unde ad eveniet. Veritatis est quod dolorum odit doloremque a ut.

Ut tempora facilis officia qui. Vel ullam temporibus nesciunt cumque quis sint. Fugit ut accusamus sequi quasi autem accusantium nam.

Est non voluptates velit veritatis ab enim non. Et aut suscipit minus unde quis.

 

Sunt eos ut ut quod ipsum. Dolorum iste hic dolor sed voluptatem hic esse. Facilis illum beatae dolor sed sed.

Praesentium placeat dolor quia placeat exercitationem iusto. Eos ipsum illum repellat et. Veniam quae minima aperiam perferendis veritatis error facere. Eos quos voluptas aspernatur itaque ipsa autem. Rerum dolor ipsa est molestiae sed est quo. Repellendus ratione excepturi labore qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”