McKinsey Insight, Bain Advantage, Bridge2BCG 2019 For ADP

Here the new topic for this year McKinsey Insight, Bain Advantage and bridge2BCG, Connect to ClearView, Path to Putnam and Clarion PROPEL status updates for advanced degree candidates.

Please feel free to post updates!

336 Comments
 

It'd be great to also use this thread to track the interview process for Connect to ClearView, Path to Putnam, and Clarion PROPEL, in addition to the Big 3.

 

Did anyone get an email to do BCGs pymetrics and video Qs? I heard they’re due Apr 9, but can’t figure out where to do them, or if it’s invite only coming up.

 

Are the video Q's replacing the phone interview or will there be a separate phone interview after this? The website makes it seems like the "video interview" is all it will be.

 

I think that's it. On their application website in the FAQ section, they have mentioned that the resume, online application, and this video interview is the selection criteria.

 

Has anyone gotten a Bridge to BCG email? It's been almost a whole day since the deadline and I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

 

Applied to McKinsey Insight and Bridge to BCG. Just received an email for completing the pymetrics and video interview.

 

Has anyone finished the pymetrics games for Bridge to BCG? What's your career match percentage for consulting? Mine is only 70%

FYI: if you want to see your match scores for consulting, you need to type into the address bar and go to www dot pymetrics dot com/careers/

 

I finished the game and was able to view my traits, but could not find the career match. I only have the traits and applications tabs on Pymetrics. Were you able to view it immediately after finishing?

 

www dot pymetrics dot com/careers/

don't forget the s on careers otherwise it sends you to a page not found

 

Also, I wonder if the one-way interview is a new thing BCG just started trying out this year. Any advice on prepping?

 

Got a first round interview to C2C! Anyone interested in practicing cases over the next few days? Feel free to PM me.

 

Haha psychometrics. I dont know how I feel about that test either- it seemed sketchy at times. I got a 94% on consulting so yaay I guess .. but I also had other super high percentage on other stuff too.

 

I got 96% for consulting!! But I screwed up my one-way interview so I doubt I’ll be hearing back from BCG. Keeping my fingers crossed for McKinsey.

 

I'm sure it went better than you thought it did! I hate video interviews so much... they make everything you are saying seem so much more awkward

 

Me too. Felt really confident going in, but flubbed my last 2 questions. In retrospect I wish I hid my screen so I wasn't staring at myself the whole time.

 

I got a low consulting score (around 50%) but thought the interview went well. Maybe we can piece together the weight BCG puts on each section of the app based upon our acceptance rates haha.

 

I think it'd be helpful to have two separate posts, one for the MBB programs and one for the Putnam and Clarion programs. Lumping 5 programs together gets a bit confusing

 

Has anyone else applied to Putnam? I sent my cover letter and resume to the email address specified over a week ago but I've received no confirmation ..

 

does your email say that the interview will be FIT questions and a case questions? I thought McKinsey would only be FT...Wondering if its the same for Insight and Diversity Connect

 

Got the rejection from insight. But the email says. "We remain quite impressed by your application and wish to extend to you an invitation to interview for the Associate role by taking part in our interview process later this summer. If you wish to accept this invitation, please be sure to submit an application between June 1 and July 14. Since you already have a profile in our system, this should be a quick process!" Not sure if it means I receive a full-time interview invitation.

 

Got the rejection from insight. But the email says. "We remain quite impressed by your application and wish to extend to you an invitation to interview for the Associate role by taking part in our interview process later this summer. If you wish to accept this invitation, please be sure to submit an application between June 1 and July 14. Since you already have a profile in our system, this should be a quick process!" Not sure if it means I receive a full-time interview invitation.

 

I got an Insight interview invite (though honestly I don't think I did very well in the case portion... happy to report back when I find out the results). Here are some quick stats: -B.S. from a Top 10 undergrad (GPA 3.7/4.0); -Current science PhD student at a Top 10 university;
-GRE: 168Q, 163V, 4.5W; -4 publications as co-author, though no first-author papers yet -Leadership role in 2 organizations/clubs during grad school

For those who're interested in applying in the future, my suggestion is to put as many numbers on your resume as possible. Quantify everything, even extracurricular activities.

 

Did you get two separate emails for Spark and Insight ? Or are you talking about the line "Please note if you applied to Insight or Diversity Connect, you are only being considered for the Spark program at this time." in your Spark email?

 

My application for Insight got rejected with no invitation for an interview later either! :( they did invite me to attend a local 3 hour workshop instead.

 

Did C2C interview today. Straight forward case pretty much from their website. Botched a number at the end..lets see

Got a Bain "pre-meeting" "informal meeting" in the local office

Got Insight interview

Waiting on BCG

Thanks for everyone's contributions!

 

I think I worked pretty hard on streamlining my resume. Talked to a lot of friends and consultants to get feedback. Try to keep the format simple and use action verbs such as " designed", "implemented", " demonstrated". Don't be shy to brag out. My school was from India and less known, so I used metrics like how many people get in vs apply. Also, I tried to keep a healthy balance between professional and extra-curricular in my resume. I didn't get the final offer after interview, so I am trying to refine my interview skills. But these are my two cents. Good luck!

 

@jubilee" Literally 15m before the case, I had read online somewhere they did essentially the practice one online. Market size + segmentation one on their website about diabetes. Also am about 5 cases into my general case prep. Did a ton of research on consulting + have a solid amount of PhD->consulting friends I talked to a lot to get 'insights' into the process

@3fegd" pm me!

99% consulting via pymetrics, that was my #1. Next in business were 75%, and 50%...

 

Thanks, I got a low % , however consulting is among the top 3 business careers :/ but definitely not the highest % compared to other matches. It matched me with a 95% with my current major (Engineering)... I do not know how they would look at it ... will see

 

Hi. Have tried to checked my pymetrics score using the link given without success. I'm only able to see the traits results. Maybe they changed it this year? 

 

thanks everyone!! :) it was for the NY office -- i think slowturtle is right that it makes sense for the offices with program dates coming up very soon to hear back sooner.

 

Hi all,

I've used WSO 2-3 years back when i was transitioning from PhD to Consulting, and I'm cautiously proud to say/think that I started the tradition of annual compilation of PhD recruiting posts :) - could be wrong but this is my understanding.

I'm now at Trinity Partners which specializes in life sciences consulting, and it's been a great experience thus far. We're offering a 3-day summer program for PhDs and thought you guys might be interested: http://jobs.jobvite.com/trinitypartners/job/oEpJ9fwF

Best of luck to you all, Sue

 

It IS open to post docs! I'm hosting a small informal group chat tomorrow 7PM ET over skype, so if you're interested, send me your email address for the invite.

 

Rejected from C2C also. They invited me to apply in July for a full time position - but its unclear whether they are just being polite or if it means something more. Did you get a similar email?

 

The office selection for B2B shouldn't matter because if accepted, you'll likely be placed in the closest office (if you're not local they'd have to cover your expenses so I'm sure this comes into play) according to the recruiter I talked to.

For full time, I heard some offices have more positions so might be strategic to select those but they'd likely place you in your top 2 choices if they want you so it should really be based on where you're actually willing to live.

 

Offered a second round interview for C2C. Let me know if anyone else did as well and is interested in getting a practice or two in before their interview.

 

That would likely mean that you passed the first screening. I attended the one in Atlanta; very helpful and I think they do evaluate you during the workshop so be your best self.

 

I was invited to the same thing in New York a couple of weeks ago -- found it very helpful like xxtoonlink described. I got an ADvantage interview the next morning.

 
Funniest

Rejected from Insight April 9th, no word from other two yet.

Me Today: *That's complete b.s. that pymetrics can predict anything meaningfu... "99% consulting fit" ... *ahem, pymetrics is a valid and useful tool for predicting fit of individuals for careers

 

I know, feel the same way...it was so close :-( But these programs are extremely competitive and in no way, shape or form determine any outcome for FT positions! we got this

 

Qui voluptas sed architecto ex repellat nihil. Quasi nam dolores eos quisquam animi. Consequatur alias delectus ut et aut. Porro dolor iusto qui velit accusamus nulla. Expedita corrupti libero eligendi libero accusamus.

 

Libero enim qui eum omnis. Voluptas et reprehenderit nulla nulla. Esse ut recusandae dolorem sed nihil numquam iusto. Similique doloremque autem aliquam et rerum atque.

Mollitia et fugiat quas praesentium repellendus qui officiis. A natus rerum ut sit laborum ut. Deleniti qui laudantium dolorem harum. Asperiores nemo quia eveniet accusantium molestiae qui ullam. Est voluptas aspernatur eveniet est ipsam.

 

Nulla velit sint repellat facilis voluptatibus nihil asperiores. Tempora autem voluptas nulla sunt ut. Dolore qui consequatur quas quibusdam quis voluptate. Vel praesentium doloremque reprehenderit placeat eaque accusamus. Quae iure laborum sed mollitia enim quis ea. Enim voluptate nobis deleniti est occaecati. Molestiae voluptatem hic rerum saepe hic asperiores illum.

Nemo aut deleniti et voluptatibus illum qui aliquid. Voluptatum magni cum laborum est exercitationem commodi aut. Qui atque officia et et atque.

Harum incidunt accusamus dolorem quibusdam cum cum mollitia. Fugiat voluptatem earum quidem. Praesentium tenetur et accusamus magnam aliquid id voluptatibus deserunt. Maiores quibusdam nihil autem consequatur. Magnam quasi aut vel veritatis voluptatem. Aperiam ipsam ad alias ipsam. Ducimus voluptatem rerum ut aut molestiae.

Quia et odit possimus tenetur vero nostrum. Veritatis veritatis sapiente maiores facilis. Quibusdam repellat ut enim at dolor. Corrupti deserunt omnis perspiciatis esse rerum voluptatem et.

 

Consequatur rem aliquam necessitatibus deleniti quod possimus. Quae ut ut quis et cupiditate facere. Inventore ea eum autem et ut dignissimos perferendis. Suscipit quaerat assumenda excepturi quis nihil.

Similique neque rerum quod quia cumque ut expedita. Voluptatum dolore cum rerum tempore nemo. Dolores et sint voluptates. Illo dolor quidem eum quis odit. Est ipsa dolorum autem id quae. Vero in numquam dolorum ut vel voluptas facilis et.

Quas omnis ipsa adipisci et commodi. Mollitia illum vel cum excepturi aut. Labore aut eaque eaque. Nesciunt ratione atque sit maxime est dolores.

 

Eos beatae beatae perspiciatis quas. Et culpa voluptas voluptatum expedita.

Iusto in corporis mollitia enim earum eius. Et necessitatibus deserunt enim sint libero. Quia at est natus minima.

Deleniti dolorum id quia qui aut sed. Dolorum dolores occaecati et animi corporis dolores. Esse neque sed voluptatem nostrum consequuntur magni error. Rerum omnis ullam et assumenda deleniti.

Dolorem recusandae et quae commodi deleniti. Magnam reprehenderit natus qui rem qui possimus. Earum eius ut sit quis. Dolores nulla voluptates molestiae velit. Vero dignissimos quo soluta quas. Quia est consectetur quos culpa veniam sunt sunt.

 

Sequi a ipsa laudantium voluptas. Et est aut quasi adipisci. Aspernatur modi voluptatem tenetur ab est corrupti.

Dolorem eos quam consequatur voluptatum cum dolores dolor. Nesciunt id ratione ad consequatur. Repellendus consectetur esse cumque voluptatem. Repellendus sint consectetur nesciunt veniam eaque quia. Et unde ullam et et perspiciatis.

Est dolor aspernatur non modi. Totam ea aliquid quia sed error dolorum dolores. Incidunt a reprehenderit tenetur accusamus sed laborum mollitia iure. Ad inventore consequatur quia cupiditate est in excepturi. Doloribus eum sint velit deleniti quam. Explicabo odio non et natus dolor eligendi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Consulting

  • Boston Consulting Group 99.5%
  • Bain & Company 98.9%
  • McKinsey & Company 98.4%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.9%
  • LEK Consulting 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Consulting

  • Cornerstone Research 99.5%
  • Bain & Company 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group 98.4%
  • McKinsey & Company 97.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Consulting

  • Bain & Company 99.5%
  • Boston Consulting Group 98.9%
  • McKinsey & Company 98.4%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.9%
  • LEK Consulting 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Consulting

  • Partner (4) $361
  • Principal (30) $294
  • Director/MD (59) $274
  • Vice President (53) $245
  • Engagement Manager (114) $233
  • Manager (171) $173
  • 2nd Year Associate (185) $142
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (116) $137
  • Senior Consultant (355) $132
  • Consultant (642) $122
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (164) $121
  • 1st Year Associate (577) $121
  • NA (16) $114
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (393) $104
  • Associate Consultant (176) $101
  • 1st Year Analyst (1168) $90
  • Intern/Summer Associate (208) $83
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (640) $68
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”