MSc in Finance: Rotterdam (RSM) vs. Stockholm (SSE)
I am planning to apply for the finance programs at RSM and SSE for the intake in 2015.
My problem is that I have a : 610 (Q45, V29). I think I'd still be able to get into RSM as they accept on a first-come first serve basis and I meet all their minimum requirements.
My chances for SSE are therefore quite low, but I could retake the GMAT and submit if for the second round.
I slightly prefer SSE, for the following reasons:
- 2 year program (cause i will certainly miss the studentlife after graduation)
- possibility to do another exchange semester
- stockholm is way nicer than rotterdam
- their msc finance is top notch in europe
Pros for RSM:
- 12 months only in duration
- what i heard rotterdam is more like a studentcity than stockholm
- the school itself is maybe better known than SSE (even though the msc finance at SSE is one of the top programs in europe)
Can anyone tell me a little bit more about life at RSM and SSE? I think in terms of recruiting in IB or consulting (London or Europe in general) they are very similar. Pls correct me if I am wrong?!
What would you guys recommend to do if I, lets say, get accepted at RSM but not at SSE unless I retake the GMAT? Is the RSM placement in London as good as the one of SSE?
I am currently doing an (Big 4 company) and I am also in the application process for an IB internship after that.
Thanks for your help!