I haven't heard back yet been a little over two weeks. How long has it been for you? I find it hard to imagine they are waiting more than two weeks to extend an offer to their top choice so I'm not very optimistic at my chances

Has anyone reached out to the HR? I've never heard from her after emailing...

last year i networked after i heard first rounds were happening, got interviewed and eventually got the offer. they continued recruiting throughout the summer and fall, not sure if it's the same this year. 

I know I've also applied on Handshake - not sure if there's a online portal

How long does it take to get a first round after the informational and does anyone have info on how selective that process is?

Have the super day next week, if anyone did it already what'd they ask? Feel free to PM me too would be much appreciated 

Does anyone know what PJ Solomon's summer intern class size is? and how much of that has been filled at this point. Thank you!

From anyone who had a super day with them or got an offer provide any insights to their process? Any questions that were not expected?

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but how was the first round like? Was it technical at all?

Does anyone know if they are still holding super days? Had a first round recently and haven't heard back. Not sure if they are still recruiting

just had a superday last week 

heard back really quickly after the first round, like next day

Anyone had a first round recently? I had one last week, and I haven't heard back yet. Wonder what is the usual timeline like?

Turn around from 1st round to superday invite was three days for me. I did my superday a couple days ago and they told all of us to "expect to hear back in 1 to 2 weeks" so maybe things are getting busy. If it has been a week, I would reach out.

Most Helpful

It was very behavioral, but the technicals weren't hard. Standard DCF, walk through the three statements and understand how to bridge EV to EQ, given my PE experience I was asked to walk through an LBO. But I imagine they will improvise technicals and grill you on things that you say. For instance, I brought up the SPAC market and they asked me follow-up questions, so make sure you know what you're talking about. I learned some interesting stuff after they drilled past what I knew. Overall, I had a great time.   

How much is the SA signing bonus for those who got the offer?

Ended up getting the offer, turn around from First round to super day is roughly 2-4 days and Super day to offer is 2 days. Any longer and probably waitlisted or denied. Standard technicals, big emphasis on talking about your experience and behaviorals. 

dude...you really need the behaviorals in advance??? I get asking for the technicals but c'mon man

it's the same 5 questions each time 

Honestly, it was a little different than just the standard behaviorals. Got a few of those (i.e. walk me through, tell me about a time, etc) but the main parts of the interviews for me personally were just having a normal conversation about the stuff on my resume and other general stuff. Essentially just assessing fit, no bullshit. Just be someone they'd like to grab a beer with relatively simple. Hope this helps

Had a super day yesterday. Mine was pretty technical in 3 out of 4 of the interviews. I’d say 10-15 minutes committed to asking technicals. Seems like most people had behavioral interviews, did anyone else get asked a lot of technicals? 

Semi-target (for IB in general, not sure about PJS), no previous IB experience. I had an incredibly technical interview. Barely behavioral past tell me about yourself/why IB. No why PJS. Honestly was fun, even challenging questions I thought I nailed based on reactions/pushing further. All the interviewers were great guys/gals and I see why PJS is a great place to be. They had me do a follow-up interview with an MD after my superday and then put me on waitlist.

It took more than a week to get first round after the informational for me, so certainly don't lose hope

Been 6 days since my Super Day, do you think that I means I’m most likely denied or waitlisted?

I go to a non-target and they literally just found my resume on a website that I had to use for another bank (Lincoln) and were like we want you to interview w us. I'm diversity w a 3.8 if that helps.

I haven’t heard back from super day 12 days ago. Does PJ Solomon take a while to get back to people or is it most likely a no? Worth following up or too early 

They are. Networked into 1st round earlier in the month, heard back they had filled the class. Interviewers said that I had done well and that if people reneged they'd reach out. I doubt they were just being nice - could've outright rejected me.

Does anyone know if SA offer letters will be updated to 100k pro rated? Signed before their July announcement 

Quis dolorem libero ut qui. Recusandae similique labore nulla nihil esse. Nesciunt dicta eligendi praesentium nobis. Et ut repellendus officia voluptates in sed.

Aspernatur minima consectetur adipisci corporis explicabo ut sunt qui. Nihil temporibus ut voluptas.

A ut totam impedit ducimus explicabo. Quod dignissimos dolorum incidunt labore. Tempora et officia aut perspiciatis voluptate natus.

Rem ab sunt omnis necessitatibus dolores id. Nemo velit enim velit eum. Sed quasi rem possimus. Rerum aliquid sit exercitationem.

Vel consectetur pariatur est unde expedita harum est architecto. Dolorem animi vel voluptatem natus qui eaque. Dolorem voluptatem suscipit nulla minus recusandae beatae. Excepturi deleniti debitis iure illo voluptatem consequatur esse. Ad magnam ea doloremque. Dolor aut modi sed repudiandae.

Quam est rerum voluptatem architecto. Voluptatem et sed vel. Laborum provident ratione est dolore repellendus.

Nulla fugiat adipisci alias corrupti non sequi nam. Beatae in et excepturi voluptatem aliquam. Et recusandae aliquid ipsa quo fugit perferendis totam. Enim aperiam omnis eligendi. Amet sed nemo quae libero laudantium veniam illo aut. Id quaerat sit qui aut ullam incidunt officiis.

Dolore qui nulla dicta harum quidem. Est aut dolor vel nihil ad illum rerum. Nihil ut ratione quasi temporibus hic quia ex.

Voluptates totam delectus harum ullam quam sed. Vel qui ipsa molestiae at tempora voluptatibus inventore. Qui omnis exercitationem eaque non perspiciatis nemo cum voluptatum.

Magni voluptatem velit enim explicabo quisquam. Dolor libero excepturi quia sint sit dolorem quaerat. Unde quo culpa quos vitae mollitia illo. Id beatae accusamus dolore mollitia. Est minus accusamus ut ea qui qui exercitationem. Delectus officiis ut molestias. Ut nostrum est pariatur et quam quisquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”