Equity Research SA 2020 Thread

Wanted to create a thread for ER recruiting. If you guys could send updates on apps and interviews that would help everyone. From what I know:

-Citi is done -Baird is almost done

I know there are also a couple of apps open: -MS -Lazard -CS

160 Comments
 

Yeah Citi is definitely done. I got dinged after the first round but I know they gave offers. CS has been open for a while though, no? I have no idea where they are in the cycle. I think UBS is also open.

 

For MS I don't think there is any assessment for ER. Also heard from an employee that they aren't gonna start looking at apps for another two weeks.

 

No. Was that posted on the careers website? Also, how was the event? Do you have any info about their recruiting process, timeline, etc.

 

Does anyone have an idea about Cowen, WB, Piper Jaffray Wells Fargo ER? I applied to Wells as their app was only open from July 12-15th but there was no option to select that I am interested in ER, it was just a common application for all of the CIB. Some of these are top 10 so I was curious if anyone had info about why they don't have ER apps (i.e. Cowen, WB and Piper)?

 

For those who have accepted ER 2020 offers could you drop a reply below with when you did and for what bank if you are comfortable considering no one knows your username. Also what school or if you are target/non-target would be helpful. Just so everyone gets an idea if those banks have started recruiting.

 

Are you able to access the assessment right now?

I'm trying to access it, but it says "The Career section you are trying to access is not available for the moment. The system may be under maintenance."

 

Both the verbal and numerical sections are graph/reading comprehension. The situational judgement test is also pretty straightforward. All in all, it wasn't anything worth stressing over.

 

I'm at a nontarget and didn't get that from Bernstein, but I applied two weeks ago

 

Damn. Must've missed the boat. Most of these guys have been keeping their portals open for months, so I thought I'd be safe waiting a couple weeks...

 
Most Helpful

Been recruiting myself and know at least a dozen others recruiting for ER too. For all who care, this is what I've heard: JPM & Goldman haven't done anything yet. BAML & Barclays have both already had multiple superdays, might have one or two more. Morgan Stanley, Evercore, Jefferies, Baird have mostly finished first rounds, but haven't done super days yet. Credit Suisse & Keybanc are currently doing first rounds. RBC, Citi, and Wells Fargo are done.

 

I think they may have done target stuff. I don't think they've done anything for non-targets (which seems to be most of the ppl in this thread, myself included). There was a dude from my school who was a JPM ER Summer analyst last year and his super day wasn't until mid-October, so it seems like they just have a pretty slow timeline.

 

A VP emailed me. I wanna say it was around 2-3 weeks after I applied online. They reached out and scheduled a call for relatively soon after that a few days probably.

 

Stock pitch, what's going on in the markets, why MS, why ER, basic behaviorals

 

I think MS, JPM, CS still have superdays coming up. I don’t know what’s happening with Barclays, Evercore is done. I think William Blair just started first rounds, RayJay is still recruiting too. These are the ones I know about. Feel free to correct me if any of these are wrong.

 

Yeah, that makes sense. Last week, my contact at JPM told me that they haven't had a superday for research yet.

I can confirm that Barclays is more or less done.

Did you hear back from CS yet (after doing the assessment)? One of my friends heard back from CS last week.

Thanks!

 

Any one have an idea of when offers would come out for MS 10/11 super day?

 

Hey! Does anyone know what the reputation of Stifel's Equity Research is like? I think they are still in the recruiting process and I wanted to get some outside opinions.

 

Tempora maxime maxime qui dolor rem esse velit eum. Nihil ipsum laborum adipisci inventore quaerat eligendi laboriosam. Dolore accusantium ut molestiae dolores qui nobis. Aut perferendis quae id voluptates.

 

Pariatur voluptatum quia aspernatur accusantium blanditiis id facilis. Nisi nulla laudantium maxime. Ut dicta quaerat voluptatem incidunt. Aut nostrum neque et amet consequatur magnam eligendi. Consequatur quaerat sit error qui. Quasi dolorum aut eum.

Non inventore provident quo et ut et illo. Optio qui quaerat quaerat veritatis. Qui totam et dignissimos quaerat. Sed omnis culpa inventore quam eum maxime. Eligendi fugit necessitatibus eveniet sed qui iure optio. Est ipsam alias similique qui et eum. Architecto soluta praesentium reiciendis maiores voluptate debitis.

Qui aut laudantium deleniti non repellat. Consequuntur blanditiis enim dolor aut vel eaque eum. Voluptatem autem sed iure inventore.

 

Velit dolor aspernatur assumenda. Omnis non atque cupiditate et commodi exercitationem esse. Dicta similique quia sed quia harum sit vero. Consequatur fugiat excepturi rerum sequi commodi doloremque.

Quaerat dolores incidunt et voluptatem. Nobis temporibus hic sint quas distinctio reiciendis officia. Odit voluptates voluptatem tempore repellat aut repudiandae. Sapiente dolores hic accusamus impedit sit qui.

Velit accusantium et esse inventore nisi voluptatem ea. Qui necessitatibus voluptatibus deserunt. Animi hic tempore quaerat culpa sunt.

Dignissimos enim eum quaerat eaque. Et aut id doloribus vitae nam. Adipisci sunt at quod et. Sed veniam facere eos molestias voluptatem non. Aperiam ipsa voluptas animi quia molestiae. Ducimus ab similique tempore vitae officiis voluptates iure sunt. Facilis deserunt facere ut officiis. Voluptas quasi at cum libero sint rerum consequatur.

 

Error totam ut architecto omnis voluptatum dolore dolores. Aut ut ut nihil magnam quasi blanditiis illum error. Cupiditate et minima rerum beatae sit temporibus asperiores. Quia necessitatibus non nobis corrupti soluta quam. Ut distinctio sit eaque aut voluptatibus expedita voluptatem nobis. Perspiciatis rerum officiis et ad id qui reiciendis ut.

Facilis voluptates itaque dicta aut praesentium unde vero. Omnis porro veritatis architecto ut magnam. Quaerat quasi nihil quos cumque et ea eum exercitationem. Et exercitationem omnis quibusdam accusamus quo cum et. Tenetur numquam repellat consequatur iure sunt est quo ex.

 

Qui dolor sed voluptatum sed voluptatem. Id quos voluptatem unde animi aut quis. Adipisci et exercitationem est est modi. Rerum cum velit voluptate illo sit. Enim et ut eaque et. Corrupti amet fuga et non nemo quaerat.

Rerum dolore incidunt dolor temporibus quia. Quam nostrum delectus ea. Inventore laborum est molestias temporibus. Dolor commodi numquam commodi omnis suscipit a voluptate quaerat. Iste occaecati eos sit vel est.

Provident odit eligendi alias explicabo. Quo aut deleniti sit aliquam non ut eos. Ea consectetur aut distinctio libero est dicta.

Rerum et ipsum dicta rerum fugit voluptatem numquam. Ab qui eius itaque pariatur et consequatur quae quia. Facilis et ut necessitatibus nisi tempore voluptates quisquam. Reiciendis qui eos quasi necessitatibus ut et. Enim facere ipsa facere sapiente ea. Fuga rerum velit est ut deserunt. Illum odio veritatis voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”