Citi Sophomore Leadership Program - 2021
Apps have been open for a bit but kicking off this thread. Deadline is early Sept. Anyone know when the process kicks off?
Apps have been open for a bit but kicking off this thread. Deadline is early Sept. Anyone know when the process kicks off?
| +85 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 28 | 4h |
| +45 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 3d |
| +44 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 16 | 2h |
| +40 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 9 | 6h |
| +37 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 6h |
| +33 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 18 | 3h |
| +28 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 3 | 11h |
| +22 | UBS’s Investment Bank Is Building an AI Slop Factory | 2 | 8h |
| +21 | How early is to early? | 9 | 1d |
| +21 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 7 | 8h |
Career Resources
Was fall last year. Things didn’t kick off until after apps closed.
Apparently they moved the process earlier this year - apps didn't open last year until late summer/early fall.
Pretty sure the apps were open this time last year if not the same time. Citi SLP is one of the earlier soph programs to recruit.
it's not rolling correct?
No, not from what I’ve seen in past.
bump
I wonder how intensive are the interviews for sophomore vs juniors
any idea if this is essentially for diversity only?
I surely hope not, doesn't seem like it's diversity only from my understanding of the app.
Definitely not diversity only, but kids who did freshman discovery diversity program get guaranteed first rounds usually.
Source: work at Citi
According to the recruiter at the info session at the Citi Freshman Discovery Diversity Program, it's "diversity focused."
When do they start looking at apps?
From what I have heard, September.
Did program this summer, going back for 2021. It’s not exclusively for diversity but it is heavily diversity focused. Apps aren’t reviewed until after application deadline
Do you know the class size for s&t and ibd in this program last year?
anyone get an interview request yet?
I already submitted my application, but it looks as though the application deadline has changed to October 9. Will this push the timeline back for interviewing?
Pretty annoyed they did that lol
This sounds like a dumb question but I had a VP send over my CV to recruiting. Is this considered as a referral or is that different? When someone at Morgan Stanley referred me, I got an email saying specifically that they had referred me but I've got nothing from Citi so far.
Same here, wondering as well!
Yeah hopefully the process isn't pushed back too far.
As per email I just got, it looks like we’ll here back by end of October ...
what was the email about? the survey?
Was it an email from HR? And is everyone supposed to get it?
I just got the email about the survey but I think that's something they send to everyone.
Check your spam.
I got the email too about what I’m most interested in. Does anyone know if everyone gets this?
Got the survey as well. Think they sent to everyone. Is one option more competitive than another?
I would assume IB is the most competative.
got the survey email. Non-target so not expecting much
If you get an interview, would you find out sometime mid October?
Yeah last year it was by the 2nd/3rd week of October. Good luck!
Just got email about first rounds this week Wed-Fri for BCMA, says 2 phone interviews no more than 20 mins each
Curious how many make it to first rounds // if this is the stage where they cut a lot of people out? Also not sure if it's different for this first group since it's accelerated for those who did the FDD program over the summer
Congrats man. I was not in FDD and have not heard back yet. Good luck tho you got this!
Too late to start networking for this?
I started networking 2 weeks ago with alum and landed some calls. Hopefully is enough.
Did you all guys apply to iB?
anybody heard anything after filling out the survey? From what I've seen around Columbus day is when you should be expecting a call.
Is that for FFD or others? Wondering when the non-FDD interviews will start.
Did anyone get confirmation email after picking area of interest? I keep getting email to do this even though I have submitted my area of interest.
I did not get a confirmation email. Any time I open the initial link for the form it just says "thank you for filling this out"
Thank you, just curious, are you still getting emails to to pick an area even though it says "thank you for filling this out" when you click on the link?. Just a little nervous as the deadline to pick an interest in Oct 11th and I just want to make sure that it went through.
I am not
Ok...will see what happens here...all the best!
Does anyone's application status say "Application Review". Does that mean it has already been reviewed?
Mine changed too -- curious what this implies
Submitted my application today - selected the Private Bank track!
Anyone here anything back for Sales and Trading?
Probably after Columbus Day. I’m sure that’s when everyone will hear if they have been selected for first rounds
stats? target?
did you finish your first round already?
how hard is it to get first round?
Wait have people gotten first rounds for Citi banking?
citi FDD participants have an accelerated process so those who made it past first round phone interviews last week should be having superdays this week
So do a majority of the total spots go to people who did that program? And will people outside of the program find out soon if they got an interview?
dk how many spots go to them but people outside of the program will likely hear back next week given the nature of superdays this week
So they have already done superdays? I applied regular and haven't heard back anything.
I spoke to campus recruiters. We should hear back this week. I don't think anyone has heard anything yet.
Does everyone get an email regardless of if they received an interview?
did anyone get anything this week??????
Have not heard anything
Anyone hear anything yet?
Anyone hear anything yet?
According to LinkedIn, offers are already out. Anyone know if/when next rounds are?
According to LinkedIn, offers are already out. Anyone know if/when next rounds are?
Offers are out to FDD participants This week we’ll hear for normal applications
Offers are out to FDD participants This week we’ll hear for normal applications
Anyone know approximately how many people get a first round or what percentage?
Has anyone heard back or will we hear back later in the week?
I think it will be later this week because it seems like no one not in FDD has heard back.
What is FDD? I am Sales and Trading. Haven’t heard anything back.
What is FDD? I am Sales and Trading. Haven’t heard anything back.
I believe it stands for Freshman Discovery Diversity Program
just heard from campus ambassador. Regular applicants should be hearing back within the next two weeks or so.
Appreciate the update
Appreciate the update
Thank you- very helpful!
Has anyone gotten news about first rounds yet?
still no word
Is it possible they filled up the positions just from FDD?
Pretty sure they didn’t
I think that's unlikely, but it seems like no one has heard back yet for regular. I guess we just need to wait the next few days and see.
Assuming we got dinged
Why don’t we all chill out a bit. If someone has actual updates, sweet. Asking for updates every 10 minutes wont fix anything. And if it turns out we all got dinged, sucks. But world moves on
Is mostly everyone here waiting to here back diversity?
Face the reality bruh, diversity kids won't even bother..
they definitely did not fill up the spots with FDD kids, they pushed a lot of FDD to EID so that non FDD ppl can get in as well. FDD people heard back 1-2 weeks ago so they should be moving forward with reg apps soon. keep in mind there's also ~0.6% acceptance rate for this program so don't be too upset about it and look at other opportunities if possible
Got a non FDD first round. Does anyone have any useful info on the rotational program?
What time did they send it out?
Do you go to a target? And what division did you apply for?
Diversity at a non Citi target. I applied for IBD track
Anyone else hear back?
Nope, not sure if we all got dinged or they are sending out in the next day or two
I am non-target diversity. Still no word. Def got dinged.
I think everyone should relax; only one anonymous post said they got anything non-FDD. We all selected different divisions to interview with also, they could be doing things differently. Wait out this week and next and see what happens.
Has anyone else heard back?
Target, no news. Looks strange just one got notified...
You guys buggin? I’m buggin.
Yeah man, I feel like if we didn't hear back at this point it's over, but I really don't know anymore.
Has anyone who received a first-round heard back yet?
so are first rounds out?
Could be, if others have already gotten notifs
I still don't think first rounds are out, this post would explode..
Does anyone know how many first rounds they extend?
How many people here got first round? One or two seems not enough...
Completed 1st round interview for S&T last week.
Have you heard back from them? Or did they say a timeline?
So are we officially dinged if we didn't get first round?
I don't think IBD first rounds have come out yet, or there would be a lot more people commenting here. One person commenting doesn't really say too much.
I thought it was rotational
Did my first round for IBD last Friday. Haven't heard anything about a superday yet
Me too, haven’t heard back yet.
let me know if you end up getting notice of a superday
Are you diversity by any chance?
I'm a woman, don't know how that would help tho lol
Recruiter said expect to hear back mid-late November. I lowkey think this will be when rejections are sent, and recruiting is wrapped cuz some people already are getting first rounds here.
For first round results or are they doing more first rounds?
Any update on this? Have people done their superday for IB?
Nothing yet. I feel like they would've sent out superday notices by now, given that offers are supposed to be extended by mid November
i had a capital markets superday friday idk if that helps at all
Oh word, when was your first round?
Anyone had a superday or heard back on superday for IB?
Bump
Did anyone get any offer calls today?
Nothing yet
Did you both have IB super days already?
when was your superday
So have IB superdays already happened?
happened today
wonder if that means offers go out tomorrow
Any word on S&T track?
Some offers for S&T have been given. Not sure how many have been accepted or how many remain.
when was superday and when were they given out?
Any updates?
nothing here
Calls are going out now
Aspernatur quod neque dolorem sunt sunt aut. Tempore ullam quasi dolores enim sed reprehenderit. Et deleniti inventore rerum sed officia consequatur unde et. Architecto sunt sit rerum illo quo.
Nihil cupiditate est harum. Nihil aperiam officiis aliquid nihil sed dolores debitis. Est aperiam beatae fugiat repellat modi. Recusandae illo totam eveniet et consectetur.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Culpa eveniet odio ut ut. Qui sed voluptatem in veniam quia. Explicabo numquam et sit.
Labore laboriosam dolores id error sunt quis perferendis. Facere dolorum alias consectetur inventore omnis unde. Totam quia in ducimus commodi quo nostrum natus voluptatem. Animi iusto eos neque ut.
Ut voluptatibus et commodi dolorum. Temporibus ea qui temporibus voluptatem voluptatem sunt aut. Laborum occaecati perspiciatis necessitatibus et quae accusantium dolorem. Et reprehenderit magni maxime neque. Illum adipisci facere dolorum tempore nihil. Ex tempora minima possimus similique voluptatem fuga alias.
Non sapiente unde error iure dolores repudiandae voluptatem. Ea perferendis dignissimos enim ut. Sapiente blanditiis qui consectetur iusto et dolore ducimus.
Quam dolor quas illum delectus et autem similique dolores. Voluptatem nemo quis iure quidem reiciendis est. Alias rerum nam maxime non non.
Hic fuga sint occaecati iure ut et quis rem. Quibusdam nisi aut soluta commodi. Dolores dolores quidem suscipit ut est.
Sed adipisci quae consequatur pariatur aperiam autem. Dolores fugit architecto atque enim. Et ut est aperiam et ut praesentium. Qui dolorem voluptatum repellendus vero. Illum nobis asperiores at et et et est.
Velit odit quia distinctio ullam velit. Aut exercitationem fuga tenetur. Sed voluptas repellat sint est quidem libero minima voluptatem. Cum est consequuntur eum perspiciatis eaque beatae ducimus.
Dicta voluptatibus et magni nisi veniam deserunt. Deleniti quis optio qui quae et deserunt. Molestiae similique debitis similique rerum fuga. Pariatur error non iste nulla debitis earum. Et placeat consequatur quas ab.
Est dicta at provident sit voluptatem et. Molestiae sit mollitia dicta aut totam maiores adipisci. Et sunt deserunt quia natus labore possimus quaerat laboriosam.
Repellendus deserunt et officia in culpa illo. Dicta harum et et quis sint ut. Natus rem nihil quo ut. Nostrum adipisci rerum cumque autem.
Error deserunt eos vero illo corrupti recusandae. Ea autem blanditiis sit explicabo. Commodi ut atque non ut voluptas sit error. Architecto repellendus autem in eum itaque quaerat facilis. Veritatis quo harum odio quidem. Velit modi non earum.
Saepe nemo harum velit et et fugit. Ipsum neque commodi ea et. Adipisci et excepturi similique possimus ut. Impedit vel dicta atque est itaque alias.
Nesciunt error quia omnis id est voluptates velit dolores. Vero debitis dicta consequuntur et enim molestiae quia. Velit architecto odit dolor architecto dolores aperiam eaque magni.
Iure dicta exercitationem animi fugiat. Sit at aliquid sint sed. Dolorem dicta quis exercitationem nihil est.
Qui qui consequatur numquam suscipit pariatur non. Ut inventore et aliquid placeat odit.
Inventore facere modi minus dolor ipsum. Quibusdam odio unde consequatur qui vel tempore omnis. Similique eum velit voluptas voluptatem hic est dolorem. A ut et deserunt exercitationem.