Has anyone else received an email to schedule a second interview?

went through the process last year. made it to superday but didn't get an offer. got asked standard technicals (probably a little easier than first round, but that could've just been my particular interviewers). a few brainteasers as well. probably 15 min of techs/brainteasers and 15 min of behaviorals that just turned into a conversation

What was the second round interview like for those that have already had it?

anyone know if cowen does interviews in waves? for those of you who have had interviews, do yall go to targets?

Heard the Detroit office might be the best for focusing on pure M&A, that team closes a ton of MM deals each year, mostly industrials

NY takes the most and then the other offices take considerably less, but I'm not sure about a solid number.

If your interviewer didn’t mention that they were passing you on does that mean you got cut?

it took them 2 weeks to get to me between my first and second round interview, so I don’t think it’s unusual that we haven’t heard back yet

Not sure how many of you this applies to, but Cowen Detroit (Birmingham) has already had first and second rounds, as well as at least one Superday.

Had mine a few weeks back. All of my interviewers were from the same location that I mentioned above.

just curious does anyone know how cowen's summer/first year analyst comp is? do they pay street?

Some Cowen superdays happened over the last week and will occur this coming week. Will be continued superdays through August until all spots are filled. Process seems pretty unstructured and handled more on a rolling basis. Wouldn’t read that much into our HR being unresponsive / lag between interviews, except that our HR team is mediocre lol. Had to chase them on a few very good candidates myself. Good luck!

Source: I work at Cowen and have been helping with recruitment.

i'm in the same spot. Going to continue to network and hopefully it'll pan out for us

I would keep networking. it took me 4 weeks to hear back after my first round

waiting on an update on my superday. How long did it take for others to get updates?

bump. Haven't heard anything but haven't received a rejection. 

Most Helpful

Recently did a super day with them and thought I'd help out.

First round: highly technical, the interviewer will follow up on questions they ask you to test your comprehension. Familiarize yourself with valuation methodologies and the upsides/downfalls to them. Know concepts such as "What are some potential downfalls when looking at precedent transactions?" 

Superday: Almost entirely behavioral. Only technical I got asked here was about depreciation increasing by $20. There was one brainteaser. Other questions were "why this location, why Cowen, why banking, as well as some situational behaviorals".

Voluptatem maxime quia ut optio. Sint repellat perspiciatis earum repudiandae dolorum. Dolores iusto est ex explicabo exercitationem voluptate. Deleniti quisquam qui modi totam molestiae.

Atque accusantium ipsa suscipit reprehenderit blanditiis ut illo sapiente. Nisi quisquam rem voluptas exercitationem. Vel omnis accusantium sint dolorum est quaerat neque. Doloremque quia assumenda aliquam eum ut.

Et esse aut tenetur ratione sed. Nulla architecto fugit eum et aspernatur.

Est id possimus ex. Et sed impedit eaque nulla in perspiciatis voluptatem. Omnis ut sint aperiam animi quibusdam eos consequatur.

Itaque sequi sequi consequatur distinctio beatae. Accusantium tenetur est non assumenda et voluptatem. Et cum tempore labore. Saepe est vel similique est qui eaque optio. Facere est ut ut dolorem omnis.

Earum dolorem consequatur et. Rerum labore corrupti vitae reiciendis. Rem rerum voluptatum dolor sunt harum nihil. Et eos repudiandae temporibus eum autem sunt non.

Occaecati dolor et provident illum labore. Eum harum ex quia aut harum commodi. Eaque ipsa aspernatur et nulla qui. Dignissimos voluptas sunt dolorem dignissimos voluptatibus iusto est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”